• 8/9th November
    • 15/16th November
    • 22/23rd November
    • 29/30th November
    • 6/7th December
    • 13/14th December
    • 20/21st December
    • 27/28th December

O.K. kath sent me a text about this (all the way to Egypt) so pencil me in.

It's my wedding anniversary weekend but I let Mika in Doncaster take over last year so that shouldn't be a problem. It's just the cost if I can't get a good deal on the train.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kath ski , that weekend looks perrrfect :thumb_yello:

Everyone happy with that :wink2:

I have just booked flights for me and Ab:thumb_yello:

Are we any further forward on a hotel?

Welcome back Ruth...............glad you will be able to come.........it is looking as though there will quite a lot of us!:thumb_yello:

If we went for a takeaway - would we be able to eat it in the hotel?

If you stay at Travelodge they usually have menus for all the local takeaways, so no worries ;-)

November's 29/30 is fine for me too.... I was eyeing up an easyhotel in Victoria for me... because to be honest money's gonna be abit tight and when I last checked it was only £25.00 for the room per night.... will book holiday off work today anyway so that'll be sorted hopefully.... :)

This is my suggestion of a hotel::thumb_yello:

http://www.bookinhotels.com/europe/united_kingdom/london/corus_hyde_park_hotel.html?gclid=COCG7aTunpUCFQ9oQgodhziEjQ

I have been to London many times and this one is absolutely the best I have stayed at.

It gives you a lot for the money.

Hyde Park is across the street and you can easily walk to Regent Street and city.

The tube station, Lancaster Gate is just around the corner and very close is Queensway where you can find lots of restaurants.:thumb_yello:

In London many hotels have poor bathrooms with a shower that is only dripping and a toilet:thumbdown: not to be mentioned, but this hotel has clean and fresh bathrooms.

Central and not expensive.

What do you think?

http://www.bookinhotels.com/europe/united_kingdom/london/corus_hyde_park_hotel.html?gclid=COCG7aTunpUCFQ9oQgodhziEjQ

I have been to London many times and this one is absolutely the best I have stayed at.

Hyde Park is across the street and you can easily walk to Regent Street and city.

The tube station, Lancaster Gate is just around the corner and very close is Queensway where you can find lots of restaurants.:thumb_yello:

In London many hotels have poor bathrooms with a shower that is only dripping and a toilet:thumbdown: not to be mentioned, but this hotel has clean and fresh bathrooms.

What do you think?

Looks lovely - but a bit too expensive for me :(

I'm a muppet. I can't change my holiday dates, as I have a commitment on the 4th December (Bjorn Again:punk:!!) so if I go Tue-Tue, I'll miss it....:thumbdown:

Never mind, I'll have to experience the party vicariously through all your reports and pictures....I'm sure once it's all in full swing, you won't even notice that I'm not there....:tears:

I'm a muppet. I can't change my holiday dates, as I have a commitment on the 4th December (Bjorn Again:punk:!!) so if I go Tue-Tue, I'll miss it....:thumbdown:

Never mind, I'll have to experience the party vicariously through all your reports and pictures....I'm sure once it's all in full swing, you won't even notice that I'm not there....:tears:

I will notice :tears::crybaby:

*wonders why Bjorn Again is more important than US!!! :sneaky2:*

What do you think?

Looks certainly lovely but for me a bit too expensive as well.

Anyone another suggestion? If the hotel is not expensive but we have to pay a lot for public transportation because of the location of the hotel it doesn't change much :huh:.

Are there hotels in the centre of London who are a bit nice and less expensive then the one in the link at all?

Looks certainly lovely but for me a bit too expensive as well.

Anyone another suggestion? If the hotel is not expensive but we have to pay a lot for public transportation because of the location of the hotel it doesn't change much :huh:.

Are there hotels in the centre of London who are a bit nice and less expensive then the one in the link at all?

I’m sure it is, but the problem is to know how they really are.:wink2:

I’ve been staying at around 10 or 12 in the centre of London and most of them had really bad standard except from this one.

Made you think of Faulty towers or worse!:naughty:

Another problem is that I don’t think we can get much help from the people who are actually living in London, they don’t have a reason to stay at a hotel, and it’s the same for me when I get asked about hotels in Stockholm.

Let’s wait and see, maybe someone knows more.:thumb_yello:

November's 29/30 is fine for me too.... I was eyeing up an easyhotel in Victoria for me... because to be honest money's gonna be abit tight and when I last checked it was only £25.00 for the room per night.... will book holiday off work today anyway so that'll be sorted hopefully.... :)

That sounds good to me, is that for a single room then?

Easyhotel sounds good as well (I'll have to bring sunglasses, flying with easyjet and staying in an easyhotel. I should be used to the colour though, it's Holland’s national colour :mf_rosetinted:). The price is very attractive. Is Victoria far from the centre of London? Do they have a nice lounge or must we go somewhere else for that?