Cooking with Chickadee - The Recipes Thread

Christine

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked:

I've just looked up the Golden Circle site and it doesn't look like they sell it anymore! Well, they sell the flavour as a juice box but not in the can as a fruit punch base.

It used to be a canned juice that had orange juice, pineapple, passionfruit, pear and pawpaw (I think. Just looking at the fruits depicted on the front of the juice box).

Diluted with soft drink it was delicious!

Thanks chickie! :thumb_yello:I like the floating fruit pieces..:bleh: I think I'm suppose to freeze them, but I hate biting into frozen fruit. :thumbdown: (I have sensitive teeth).

What about ice?

And I think I'm supposed to put the soda/carbonation/ginger ale at the last possible moment to keep it fizzy.

hi suzy..........:blush-anim-cl:

long time no speak...........

:wub2:

I know...been thinking of you. Noticed you were away for some time in August. I haven't been on too much. I mean, I'm checking in almost everyday, but I can't stay on much longer than 10 minutes at a time when the household is awake. It's the middle of the night for me right now (I couldn't sleep). I should really go back to bed now. I'll come visit you in the Oldlings thread sometime soon. :wub2:

I know...been thinking of you. Noticed you were away for some time in August. I haven't been on too much. I mean, I'm checking in almost everyday, but I can't stay on much longer than 10 minutes at a time when the household is awake. It's the middle of the night for me right now (I couldn't sleep). I should really go back to bed now. I'll come visit you in the Oldlings thread sometime soon. :wub2:

it's a hard life for a certain kind of fan...........:blink:

i can understand and sympathize

hold on and be brave

do the right thing - for you too, though

:huglove:

• 4 weeks later...

:groovy:Melzy's Mouthwatering Raspberry Melts!:groovy:

(a.k.a. Melzelts.)

You will need:

1 bag of Raspberry lollies (soft, good quality. I use Allens)

1 packet of white chocolate melts/buttons. (I use Nestle)

Tooth picks (smooth, don't want mouth splinters *points to Soangel*)

Saucepan

Hot water (so ask your mummy)

Glass or plastic bowl that will sit inside saucepan.

Spoon (not Artsy's though - don't know where that thing has been)

A cat to watch everything you do. (3rd photo)

IMGP0271.jpg

^Melt chocolate in bowl sitting in saucepan of hot water.^

IMGP0273.jpg

^Stab a raspberry with a smooth tooth pick. Then lightly push it into the choc button. The choc button will break in half if you try to push too much tooth pick in. Just throw unsuccessful attempts into bowl to melt (or your mouth.. ). ^

IMGP0274.jpg

^Dribble melted choc over the raspberry and dip into bowl to melt the choc button..

Avoid eye contact with cat. ^

IMGP0275.jpg

^Let sit on bench (at your own risk..)

(mine are obviously hiding in fridge which is behind cat named Merlin.. they taste better if they haven't been chilled though.)^

Notes:

Don't get water in the chocolate. Always lift bowl out when adding more hot water to saucepan.

I try to avoid getting melted choc on the bottom of the chocolate button. This way it doesn't stick to the plate. I'm just fussy like that.

Could also use Milk or Dark chocolate to make these.

Could obviously also make these with other lollies, but I recommend these because they are divine!

If you're not afraid of a mess then dip the raspberries in the choc melt without the choc button on the toothpick (like I've illustrated).. It'll be softer chocolate when you eat it.

(this is my latest experiment so there's always room for improvement..)

Ok, revised the recipe...

I went and redipped mine, making the tooth-picked choc button melt a bit.. and they are soo much better!! I also found some cool cocktail swords to use instead of toothpicks. Oh and I made lolly kebabs.

IMGP0286.jpg

Mouth splinters come from chewing on icypole sticks, not toothpicks *pbs*

I think I'm going to have to make these *drools*

I'mma just a saying it could happen..

Make them. Get addicted. :licks_lips:

That looks DELICIOUS!!

I have to try that sometime, although i don't have a cat, just kidding.

Thanks for sharing =D

No probs.. :biggrin2: You can borrow my cat.

I'll share the pics.. But not my chocolate. :wink2:

Oh, I edited. Don't put them in the fridge. They taste much better left on the bench.

No probs.. :biggrin2: You can borrow my cat.

I'll share the pics.. But not my chocolate. :wink2:

Oh, I edited. Don't put them in the fridge. They taste much better left on the bench.

Alright... i hope i can get all the ingredients...

Ok, fridge not *takes note*

Alright... i hope i can get all the ingredients...

Ok, fridge not *takes note*

:roftl: Noooo Fridge!!!

I revised the recipe a bit *points up to original post*

And they've been tested by people other than me and have been given the seal of approval! :naughty:

• 4 weeks later...

MOST YUMMY PASTA U EVER HAD!!!

This comes a bit out of the blue, but tried this recipe tonight and it's proven to be the most yummy pasta dish u have ever had or Will have in your entire life ;) , so i thought about sharing:

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil , once around the pan in a slow stream

1 tablespoon butter

2 cloves garlic , minced

2 shallots , minced

1 cup vodka

1 cup chicken stock

1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)

Coarse salt and pepper

16 ounces pasta , such as penne rigate

1/2 cup heavy cream

20 leaves fresh basil , shredded or torn

Serve with:

Crusty bread , for passing

Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic and shallots. Gently sauté shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Add vodka to the pan (3 turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup). Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente (with a bite to it). While pasta cooks, prepare your salad or other side dishes.

Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves. Pass pasta with crusty bread.

ENJOY!

Hi chickadee have u got a good scones recipe? tnx

this is the r4ecipe for the best scones in the world, but cream is expensive :thumbdown: so i put melted butter and milk in the blender, it tastes exactly the same and doesnt alter them at all.

3 cups flour

1tsp baking powder

3/4 cup cream

1 can lemonade

METHOD:

- Sift the flour into a medium sized bowl.

- Add the cream and lemonade and mix quickly to form soft dough.

- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board.

- Knead lightly and roll or flatten with the hand to about 2-3 cm thick.

- Cut into 3cm squares or rounds and place on a baking paper lined tray.

- Bake at 220 deg Celsius for 15 minutes, until well risen and folden

- Serve warm.

MOST YUMMY PASTA U EVER HAD!!!

This comes a bit out of the blue, but tried this recipe tonight and it's proven to be the most yummy pasta dish u have ever had or Will have in your entire life ;) , so i thought about sharing:

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil , once around the pan in a slow stream

1 tablespoon butter

2 cloves garlic , minced

2 shallots , minced

1 cup vodka

1 cup chicken stock

1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)

Coarse salt and pepper

16 ounces pasta , such as penne rigate

1/2 cup heavy cream

20 leaves fresh basil , shredded or torn

Serve with:

Crusty bread , for passing

Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic and shallots. Gently sauté shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Add vodka to the pan (3 turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup). Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente (with a bite to it). While pasta cooks, prepare your salad or other side dishes.

Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves. Pass pasta with crusty bread.

ENJOY!

i will try it! it looks good. i its my turn to cook dinner in a few nights so...