• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Easy Peanut Butter Biscuits

1 egg

1 cup crunchy peanut butter

1 cup sugar

Beat egg. Mix the egg, peanut butter and sugar together. Roll two tablespoonsful of mixture into balls (unless of course you want more biscuits, in which case make them a bit smaller). Place on a baking paper lined or a greased baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork, leaving room for spreading. Bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes or until golden.

These things are exceptionally yummy (if you like peanut butter flavoured things) and so unbelievably easy. And yes, there really are only 3 ingredients.

OKD, these things make good giant cookies for stalls as well. Just adjust the cooking time a little. And because they're very easy, and the ingredients aren't super expensive, you could afford to do some practice batches to get them the size you want, and nicely golden while not burning them.

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

180g butter, softened

1 cup caster sugar

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 tspn vanilla essence

2 cups self-raising flour

1 Tblspn cocoa

1/2 cup dark choc bits

1/2 cup white choc bits

1/2 cup chopped pecans (or you can replace these with the same quantity of choc bits of whatever colour for an even more chocolaty cookie, which is what I do)

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease two flat baking trays or line with baking paper. Cream butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in all the other ingredients. Roll mixture into walnut-sized balls and place on trays. Flatten gently. Aloow room for spreading. Bake in oven for 15 mins or until cookies are a light golden colour. Cool on wire rack (or if you prefer your cookie slightly more chewy and a little less crisp, you can cool them on the trays... I think. I'm pretty sure that's how you make them chewy...?:naughty:)

I have a lot of choc-chip cookie recipes but this one is my absolute favourite. And whilst I normally avoid things where you have to cream butter and sugar, this recipe is soooo worth the effort, cos it makes a large number of biscuits.

OKD, this recipe is another good one to make giant cookies from. Again, fiddle as necessary.

1 egg

1 cup sugar

Beat egg. Mix the egg, peanut butter and sugar together. Roll two tablespoonsful of mixture into balls (unless of course you want more biscuits, in which case make them a bit smaller). Place on a baking paper lined or a greased baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork, leaving room for spreading. Bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes or until golden.

These things are exceptionally yummy (if you like peanut butter flavoured things) and so unbelievably easy. And yes, there really are only 3 ingredients.

OKD, these things make good giant cookies for stalls as well. Just adjust the cooking time a little. And because they're very easy, and the ingredients aren't super expensive, you could afford to do some practice batches to get them the size you want, and nicely golden while not burning them.

I love you :bow:

Weetbix is an Australian cereal made of wheat

weetbix750.jpg

300px-Weetbix_Stevage.jpg

I think they have something similar in Europe called Weetabix, but the bars are a different size :thumb_yello:

Aww right !

Don't they also contain musli ?:bleh:

1 egg

1 cup sugar

Can I smash up some peanuts instead? We only have smooth peanut butter :crybaby: *wonders how to crush peanuts*

Put peanuts in a plastic bag and beat the bag with a rolling pin.:thumb_yello:

Ohh - genius! I put them in a bowl and stabbed them with a spoon :blush-anim-cl:

My cookies!

P1050808.jpg

(Yes, that was supposed to be a B and a heart :blush-anim-cl:)

P1050818.jpg

Ambrose thought they looked tasty anyway.

P1050820.jpg

And I didn't even burn them! See!

(Yes, I put my camera on the table and put on the self timer :fisch:)

WOW! I am going to HAVE to try and make some of this..... I can't cook worth a darn! Seriously no one trusts me to even boil water! Imagine how they would LOVE LOVE it -- if I conjured up some yummy treats that were actually edible!!! :naughty:

Great thread!

You don't happen to have the recipe for something called Chocolate silk pie, I have tasted it and it was so delicious!:punk:

Lots and lots of chocolate and a crust made from Digestive biscuits, I think?:bleh:

The girl who made it came from Alabama in the US.

Great thread!

You don't happen to have the recipe for something called Chocolate silk pie, I have tasted it and it was so delicious!:punk:

Lots and lots of chocolate and a crust made from Digestive biscuits, I think?:bleh:

mmmmm chocolate silk pie is to die for :naughty:

Ohh - genius! I put them in a bowl and stabbed them with a spoon :blush-anim-cl:

My cookies!

P1050808.jpg

(Yes, that was supposed to be a B and a heart :blush-anim-cl:)

P1050818.jpg

Ambrose thought they looked tasty anyway.

P1050820.jpg

And I didn't even burn them! See!

(Yes, I put my camera on the table and put on the self timer :fisch:)

:yay: Well done!

And how did they taste? Did you like them? I've had only smooth peanut butter at times, but I usually keep crushed peanuts in the pantry so I just added those. I probably would have tried to chop them in the food processor and hoped they didn't get too oily in the process.

WOW! I am going to HAVE to try and make some of this..... I can't cook worth a darn! Seriously no one trusts me to even boil water! Imagine how they would LOVE LOVE it -- if I conjured up some yummy treats that were actually edible!!!

If you like peanut butter, then those biscuits are so easy and no-one will know that you only used 3 ingredients and didn't have to spend a lot of time fiddling in the kitchen. Have fun and let us know how they went if you do try something.

Great thread!

You don't happen to have the recipe for something called Chocolate silk pie, I have tasted it and it was so delicious!

Lots and lots of chocolate and a crust made from Digestive biscuits, I think?

Ooh, sounds intriguing. No, I don't have the recipe unfortunately... Maybe one of the girls/ladies/people from the U.S. might have it??

:yay: Well done!

And how did they taste? Did you like them? I've had only smooth peanut butter at times, but I usually keep crushed peanuts in the pantry so I just added those. I probably would have tried to chop them in the food processor and hoped they didn't get too oily in the process.

Good! They taste good! :groovy:

I washed mine to get the salt off :roftl:

P1050825.jpg

(daylight photoshoot) :fisch:

if you want people to think you worked really hard at cooking, put a little bit of flour on your nose... and wear an apron :roftl::roftl:

You've obviously worked out all the tricks:wink2:

Good! They taste good! :groovy:

I washed mine to get the salt off :roftl:

P1050825.jpg

(daylight photoshoot) :fisch:

If I ever have whole peanuts in the house they are not salted, so i wouldn't have had that issue, but I'm glad you washed the salt off. I wonder how that would have affected the taste if you hadn't? You will have noticed though that they don't make a lot, so it's a good thing they're pretty easy cos then you can make another batch right away if you want lots. I'm not sure that I've doubled the recipe on this one (occasionally that can cause problems). I think I've just done two batches.

lovely thread. for a food-fan like me :naughty:

congrats for all your recipes. i'll try some these days

i have some that i'm good at...can i post them here? :biggrin2:

oh...p.s.: i'm not really good at sweets recipes... i have more inspiration with 2nd dishes...like pasta, rice, i make some really delicious toasts (like bruschetti) :bleh:

lovely thread. for a food-fan like me :naughty:

congrats for all your recipes. i'll try some these days

i have some that i'm good at...can i post them here? :biggrin2:

oh...p.s.: i'm not really good at sweets recipes... i have more inspiration with 2nd dishes...like pasta, rice, i make some really delicious toasts (like bruschetti) :bleh:

Of course you can post recipes here. The more the merrier. I have to confess that I much prefer baking to cooking and that's why most of mine so far have been sweet things. I do plan to put up some more main course type things, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. My family live on pasta and I end up cooking the same things over and over so inspiration in that area is always appreciated.

IMG_8920-1.jpg

well here we go. my pseudo-thai/chinese rice. (it looks thai/chinese but no asian ingredients, except for the rice of course...)

you need:

1 mug of long rice

1 onion

some prawns (up to everyone... used few of them because i'm not a fan of sea-food. you can skip them if you don't like them)

some mushrooms

cheese (i use soft cheese like camembert or just highly processed cheese)

celery

parsley

sweet peppers

you put the rice to boil, ( i like it when it's still a bit hard...but most of the people hate it this way) in the meantime in a frying pan you put the prawns. (no oil) after they got brownish (not too brownish then they're burnt, it takes about a minute really) you put them on a plate. then you put some oil and add the onion and the sliced mushrooms. you leave them until they're ready.

when the rice is ready you pour the water away and put the rice in the frying pan along with the mushrooms, prawns and cheese. (watch out because if there's too much cheese it will all stick together and the final result would be something yucky) mix it for a minute and it's done!

so it's almost ready. next thing you need to is put it on a plate and decorate it with the celery, sweet peppers and parsley.

BON APPETITE! :biggrin2: I hope you'll like it.

coming soon: the most delicious bruschetti ever made :naughty::bleh:

i didn't take a picture of them yet. so i'll make some tomorrow and post them here :wink2:

p.s.: sorry for the huge image...photobucket just won't make it any smaller :aah: