Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And my last point. There is no way on earth that he has stopped blogging just because of this thread, or what we say on here. Mika is his own man. How do you think he got into the record business? By his own admission, he was knocking on doors from an early age, getting knockbacks from people like Simon Cowell, if he was so sensitive, wouldn't he have given up a long time ago and we would never have heard of him?

Give the guy some credit. He might be a sensitive soul, but he goes for what he wants and perseveres. He may take into account what we say here, but he will still do what he wants to do.

Please us? As Christine has already said, we are his fanbase, his customers, his bread and butter, his wage packet - he needs us. Therefore he won't stop blogging on a couple of people's say so. Why would he cut off his potential source of income?

He's probably busy working, or even having a life?

I totally and utterly give up. I surrender.

Please do not give up being the voice of reason to this place, you are mostly needed!

Even if you maybe get tired of having to repeat the message over and over again there are always people who are reading and experiencing threads like this for the first time.

:wink2:He has 593 responses to his last blog and posted it after this thread was opened!

:blush-anim-cl:Even if he happens to stumble on this thread I’m not sure he’s to take it too seriously, we are talking and posting so much and it’s almost impossible to keep track of what is new.

:naughty:We, the daily posters, are in a unique position to have so much time to spend at this place.

Not everybody has.

The daily posters don't all have so much time...some of us have been known to prefer MFC to sleep.:naughty:

I have decided to change from wanting another blog to wanting his next single. :mf_rosetinted: It might even be quicker.

Good grief, we managed to keep going for almost 2 years on the fumes of 12 little tracks on LICM....how much mileage we could get out of one new single....

The daily posters don't all have so much time...some of us have been known to prefer MFC to sleep.:naughty:

I have decided to change from wanting another blog to wanting his next single. :mf_rosetinted: It might even be quicker.

Good grief, we managed to keep going for almost 2 years on the fumes of 12 little tracks on LICM....how much mileage we could get out of one new single....

im one of those ppl who arent sleeping :fisch: its only 5:13 am here :naughty:

i want both :P

...I really kind of want him to go away.

Well. Actually I've been listening to his music more lately. I haven't played LiCM in a while, and a few days ago I took it out of my CD pile and put it back in my car player, so I've been listening to it every day (I commute). It's good, and I like being able to listen to it again with fresh ears and find that I still love it. So, I'm not saying I'm tired of his music or anything.

But this blog thing, I just want him to shut up. Not entirely, but I find myself cringing when I see new posts on the blog thread, thinking, "oh geez, did he post another one already? I hope not." I go to Mikasounds, wait for it to load... and am filled with relief when I see that there's no new blog.

I like to have a little space! I want to discuss Mika-related stuff without his constant meddling and interruption. I can't handle having to keep up with his minutiae every day. I think a blog a week would be good, let us breathe a little!!

Also, I think he could benefit by being a little more selective about what he posts. He could at least try to be a little entertaining, to consider whether what he's writing will actually interest his audience. The videoblogs tend to accomplish this more than the text ones. I like the text ones a lot when they're done well, but not when it seems like they're there for the sake of filling up space, or because he had some random thought flitting through his mind for a second and happened to be near a laptop. For Pete's sake, Mika, I don't care that you got a comic book or a new toy unless you tell me something interesting enough about it to make me care.

Anyone with me? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

...I thought not. :naughty:

--Jack

Sorry but I think this is the most ridiculous comment I have ever read from a so called Mika fan:thumbdown: I think it is very kind of Mika to leave so many blogs for his fans. Its a great opportunity for us to get to know him more and we should be grateful instead of complain about it!! We obviously mightnt have the exact same tastes as Mika in every single thing but we can still appreciate his tastes and interests. Its always the same no matter how kind or considerate Mika is someone always complains.

I read here once that people were complaining about Mikas meet and greets. Dont people ever think that he is very cosiderate to give his fans this chance to meet him?? Apparentley just because he spent some time talking to a girl in a wheelchair he was ridiculed. How pathetic and jealous is that.

I think Mika stopped blogging before this thread was created. He took time off from his birthday, just like he said he was going to. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else uploaded the birthday video because he had already gone an unprecedented 4 days without doing a blog anyway. Since he wasn't blogging, it seems extremely unlikely he's been glued to MFC to see what Jack has to say about his blogs.

As bab pointed out, Mika has been facing repeated rejection since he was a teenager and he didn't let that stop him. If he's giving up blogging on Jack's sayso, well bravo for her. Her opinion obviously means more to him than Simon Cowell's. :thumb_yello:

Sorry but I think this is the most ridiculous comment I have ever read from a so called Mika fan:thumbdown: I think it is very kind of Mika to leave so many blogs for his fans. Its a great opportunity for us to get to know him more and we should be grateful instead of complain about it!! We obviously mightnt have the exact same tastes as Mika in every single thing but we can still appreciate his tastes and interests. Its always the same no matter how kind or considerate Mika is someone always complains.

I read here once that people were complaining about Mikas meet and greets. Dont people ever think that he is very cosiderate to give his fans this chance to meet him?? Apparentley just because he spent some time talking to a girl in a wheelchair he was ridiculed. How pathetic and jealous is that.

Okay, firstly, yes it is kind of him to do the blogs, but lets get things into perspective. He does them because he wants to, and he wants to share things that he like likes and is into.

BUT, he is under no illusion that everyone will feel the same, and this is why he himself welcomes constructive criticism and the odd jokey comment about them.

He knows that not everyone is going to like the things he does, and he did say in the first blog that he welcomed any comments, so he knows that he's going to get some ribbing for some of the things he talks about, and considering he knows the people doing it, and he knows that they are part of the hardcore fans, he probably doesn't take it to heart.

And as far as the girl in the wheelchair incident is concerned, I was there, and I think the general concensus is that we were ticked off more with the picture taker than the person who was having the picture taken!

Well, for a start, there is room for all of us in this forum.

Some people who voted for the last option have done many things to keep this forum going, especially in the first year, including actual financial contributions so it's very short sighted for other people who don't always know the full details of others' membership to state that they shouldn't be on this forum.

I personally take offence when people say this and am pig sick of hearing it. I have as much right to be here as anyone.

Secondly, people's sense of humour are not always the same as yours. Have you thought they may be joking?

Thirdly, this forum is not really for Mika to read, it is for fans to discuss Mika. If he chooses to read it, that is entirely up to him, but it's a bit like eavesdropping, if you do it, you may not always hear what you want to hear.

And my last point. There is no way on earth that he has stopped blogging just because of this thread, or what we say on here. Mika is his own man. How do you think he got into the record business? By his own admission, he was knocking on doors from an early age, getting knockbacks from people like Simon Cowell, if he was so sensitive, wouldn't he have given up a long time ago and we would never have heard of him?

Give the guy some credit. He might be a sensitive soul, but he goes for what he wants and perseveres. He may take into account what we say here, but he will still do what he wants to do.

Please us? As Christine has already said, we are his fanbase, his customers, his bread and butter, his wage packet - he needs us. Therefore he won't stop blogging on a couple of people's say so. Why would he cut off his potential source of income?

He's probably busy working, or even having a life?

I totally and utterly give up. I surrender.

BRAVO ! :thumb_yello:

Agree with everything. except the last 2 sentences. NEVER. GIVE. UP. :mf_rosetinted:

Okay, firstly, yes it is kind of him to do the blogs, but lets get things into perspective. He does them because he wants to, and he wants to share things that he like likes and is into.

BUT, he is under no illusion that everyone will feel the same, and this is why he himself welcomes constructive criticism and the odd jokey comment about them.

He knows that not everyone is going to like the things he does, and he did say in the first blog that he welcomed any comments, so he knows that he's going to get some ribbing for some of the things he talks about, and considering he knows the people doing it, and he knows that they are part of the hardcore fans, he probably doesn't take it to heart.

And as far as the girl in the wheelchair incident is concerned, I was there, and I think the general concensus is that we were ticked off more with the picture taker than the person who was having the picture taken!

Yes I dont think that someones pathetic comments insulting Mikas blogs would actually stop Mika from blogging! He wouldnt allow someone to affect him this way I doubt.

I was also in Westerpark and I saw Mika and met him. Can I just ask why there was a problem with someone taking photographs?? I didnt notice who was it and what were they doing wrong???

I was also in Westerpark and I saw Mika and met him. Can I just ask why there was a problem with someone taking photographs?? I didnt notice who was it and what were they doing wrong???

Because security asked that no pictures be taken. It's not possible to take photos with that many people. It's too time consuming and it means he'll be forced to leave before he gets a chance to meet and greet everyone because he has wasted so much time on photos for some.

It sounds like the person who took the photos with the girl was having problems with their camera and had to try repeatedly to take the photo. Seems like it drew a lot of attention and prompted other fans to ask Mika to pose for photos. He refused them for the same reason everyone was told there would be no photos to start with.

I think Mika stopped blogging before this thread was created. He took time off from his birthday, just like he said he was going to. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else uploaded the birthday video because he had already gone an unprecedented 4 days without doing a blog anyway. Since he wasn't blogging, it seems extremely unlikely he's been glued to MFC to see what Jack has to say about his blogs.

As bab pointed out, Mika has been facing repeated rejection since he was a teenager and he didn't let that stop him. If he's giving up blogging on Jack's sayso, well bravo for her. Her opinion obviously means more to him than Simon Cowell's. :thumb_yello:

it's totally possible that someone else uploaded the vid, it's totally possible that he's too busy to blog and yeah, i's totally unlikely he's even read this thread... To be honest i don't think he comes here at all, otherwise he'd be posting right here instead of having created his brand new website right after buying this place and making it "official", don't you think so ?

Still... even if neither the MFC nor Simon Cowell exactly rule his life, i can still understand why some people found this thread slightly rude, or at least not very nice... i know i did... and even if he doesn't give a damn, which is highly probable, i agree with you on that point, it doesn't make the whole thing less rude... that's my opinion... :blink:

Because security asked that no pictures be taken. It's not possible to take photos with that many people. It's too time consuming and it means he'll be forced to leave before he gets a chance to meet and greet everyone because he has wasted so much time on photos for some.

It sounds like the person who took the photos with the girl was having problems with their camera and had to try repeatedly to take the photo. Seems like it drew a lot of attention and prompted other fans to ask Mika to pose for photos. He refused them for the same reason everyone was told there would be no photos to start with.

Ok this is weird I was there we are talking about mikas gig in westerpark in july yes? We were told that mika would not be signing anything or speaking as he needed to rest his voice but that people could take as many pics as they liked!!!

it's totally possible that someone else uploaded the vid, it's totally possible that he's too busy to blog and yeah, i's totally unlikely he's even read this thread... To be honest i don't think he comes here at all, otherwise he'd be posting right here instead of having created his brand new website right after buying this place and making it "official", don't you think so ?

Still... even if neither the MFC nor Simon Cowell exactly rule his life, i can still understand why some people found this thread slightly rude, or at least not very nice... i know i did... and even if he doesn't give a damn, which is highly probable, i agree with you on that point, it doesn't make the whole thing less rude... that's my opinion... :blink:

Wouldn't the world be dull if we all had the same opinions?

Regarding Westerpark, what I remember them saying is that Mika would not speak, he'd walk around seeing people, and he would not take pictures with people.

I don't think that taking pics of him was specifically mentioned at all, as in a yes it's allowed or not it's not allowed way.

The implication of what they said, as I understood, was that we ere just to wait and let him do his thing, not stand up and walk around (which many ignored) and not try and ask him for pics and so.

Obviously, this all went pear shaped when some people started following him, asking him for pictures, and then this whole girl on the chair picture episode happened....

If he's giving up blogging on Jack's sayso, well bravo for her. Her opinion obviously means more to him than Simon Cowell's. :thumb_yello:

Won't he just be over the moon then, when I write my eventual "Things That Keep Me a Mika Fan" thread? :roftl:

Maybe he'll even write a f***-off song in my honor? If it's as good as "Grace Kelly," I'll consider myself a satisfied muse. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

:naughty: :naughty: :roftl: :roftl: don't let me start about the "officialness"....

being serious 2 seconds, cause i can do that : WHAT (on earth) would he have to write on here ???????????????? "it's true, i'm fabulous beyond nature" or "no no no !! girls, you're wrong !!! i do fart and it doesn't smell good at all, i guarantee !!!!" :blink: ME thinks he would have nothing to do here the way the forum has become (not saying good or bad, don't misquote me).

Won't he just be over the moon then, when I write my eventual "Things That Keep Me a Mika Fan" thread? :roftl:

Maybe he'll even write a f***-off song in my honor? If it's as good as "Grace Kelly," I'll consider myself a satisfied muse.

--Jack

:wub2:

:naughty: :naughty: :roftl: :roftl: don't let me start about the "officialness"....

being serious 2 seconds, cause i can do that : WHAT (on earth) would he have to write on here ???????????????? "it's true, i'm fabulous beyond nature" or "no no no !! girls, you're wrong !!! i do fart and it doesn't smell good at all, i guarantee !!!!" :blink: ME thinks he would have nothing to do here the way the forum has become (not saying good or bad, don't misquote me).

hehe, i was being a little sarcastic there, but i don't fully masterize the art of "sarcastic smileys"... I never believed a split second in this "officialness"... Technically, if the MFC was to be anything close to official, the site could have been hosting his blogs in a separate section, for instance... But actually, i think he just bought this place to be able to shut it down easily the day it becomes too... boring !! :naughty::naughty:

There's nothing to stop us starting up again though. After all , all of the mods and admin don't work for Mika and neither does our tech support who is more than capable of running this or another site.

I (and others I'm sure) would be more than happy to go back to contributions to keep our site running, so IMO there will be some site like this even if Mika closes us down.

TBH, I don't really understand why he bought us either.

Well, that would be funny !!!! i can't really see people starting another Mika fan club after the big M closing this one down !! It would more likely be a MDC (mika dissing club) :naughty::naughty::naughty:

But i'm sure it could work just fine ! :mf_rosetinted:

No I don't think it would be the Mika dissing club. I'm sure there would be room for people with all kinds of opinions.