Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

hard to describe exactly but in general i like the comments, i just deplore that people wouldnt try to make jokes instead like the idea i had that we would all stop commenting for five days,lol

Oh, yes, I totally forgot about the plan, honestly. Yet it was not in a "NEED. TO. HAVE. ONE. OF. THE. FIRST. 150. COMMENTS" More the toy dogs next to the Louis Vuitton boutique, that made me go :boxed:. I only realized after having submitted the thing. :doh:

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have definitely stopped making comments on Mika's blog, can't see the point to be one out of 500! Or even more.:cool:

Maybe I'm a little spoiled from other bloggers who are answering the comments, maybe not every and each of them but at least showing some kind of sign “of life” She/he has read it!:thumb_yello:

But from Mr Curly head…….nothing!:blink:

And yes of course I know it’s impossible for him to answer them all, but on the other hand I think it’s even impossible to read them all.:boxed:

I would love to hear why someone is making comments, I’m sure there are some reasons that are new for me and I’m honest, I’m not kidding or being sarcastic about this!:thumb_yello:

Some of the comments seem really clever, and others very

funny - most of the time I can't think of anything to say - so I just don't post

a comment. If I have something to say then I will. I love the blogs though - and like reading the comments as well!!

I have definitely stopped making comments on Mika's blog, can't see the point to be one out of 500! Or even more.

Maybe I'm a little spoiled from other bloggers who are answering the comments, maybe not every and each of them but at least showing some kind of sign “of life” She/he has read it!

But from Mr Curly head…….nothing!

And yes of course I know it’s impossible for him to answer them all, but on the other hand I think it’s even impossible to read them all.

I would love to hear why someone is making comments, I’m sure there are some reasons that are new for me and I’m honest, I’m not kidding or being sarcastic about this!

This is a very interesting question.

Pam said something about people going very personal in their blog comments. I noticed that, too. I think this has to do with his extraordinary accessibility over those last months. Especially in the very beginning of his career.

Although I never tell him much about myself and the things that are going on in my life, a part of me can totally see why people are doing it. It's that distorted view that makes him seem to be less of a stranger after having followed his development for quite some time. On his blog, however, especially in some of the comments, reality seems to be sort of suspended.

Personally I write the comments for him to read. I don't think every blog entry needs my opinion or approval, though, so I just comment if I have something to say. I commented on the Arthur Ganson blog with the link to Theo Jansen's homepage, because Ganson's gadgets made me think of Jansen's strandbeests immediately. Not trying to say that it was because of my comment or because of KiteKat's post in the non readers, that one of the next blogs were actually about Jansen :roftl: It's not a long way from one of those artists to another. Then, on the Es Devlin inflatable feet sketch I commented asking for the clown heads, because I really loved them and wished for a bit of info on the making. Asking for this in a comment on a stage design blog seemed natural.

I think a lot of my comments are due to my associative memory. So the Hayward gallery and miniature houses blog made me think of that hilarious link (posted again by KiteKat) to a Swiss puppet house museum with the 'animal picnic' sound on their homepage. I had to post that. :naughty:

Hmm, what else... the wonderpets :roftl: I totally got carried away with this one... I spend an hour or so watching that stuff on youtube. I honestly think that a lot more thinking cap energy goes into some children's TV programmes (not Tellytubbies of course) than into the regular stuff.

I find myself commenting more on the sort of blogs in which he tells us what he's into, providing links and recommending stuff, than on the vlogs. To the latter, I often don't know what to say, so I leave it at that. I commented on the bday canyoning blog only after he had added info on the music, which I checked out then.

I really hope he will go on talking about the things he discovers and likes, because, what we like makes a big part of who we are. And I really like how the comments make the whole idea look like an exchange. Even if it is impossible for His Royal Busyness :king: to read and check out everything. It's fun to know he could.

I agree with you on the reply thought, it would be nice to have a real reaction every now and then, but then he did that once, when he quoted the baguette comment in one of his blog entries. Oh, and one night mikamyspace left comments on people's sites :roftl:

The sheer amount of comments is overwhelming, though. But having a look at it, effectively there is not really THAT much to read, if you think of comment #1 by person A: 'oooooh. How cute! xoxo'.... comment #5 by person A again: 'Hahaha. This is so cute. xxxxxx'... comment #45 by person A again :roftl: 'LOVE YOU MIKAAA!' :blink:

Plus all the second comments by people saying 'Ohhh. Am I really first?' This could actually go to spam directly.

I would love to hear why someone is making comments, I’m sure there are some reasons that are new for me and I’m honest, I’m not kidding or being sarcastic about this!:thumb_yello:

I've got a feed that tells me when he's posted so if I'm anywhere near a computer I can usually comment in the first 10 minutes. Then I don't feel like I'm lost in 500 comments, even though, practically speaking, that's what happens in the long run. But I know other people read the comments at the top even if Mika doesn't, because I've gotten feedback on my comments quite a few times.

I missed the boat on one of the videos I really liked so I went and commented on YouTube, hoping that Andy would read it since he's probably more responsible for it than Mika anyway. I don't particularly want them to read some personal message from me per se. But I think if people like something it's important to give general positive feedback.

We like to bitch and whine about stuff we don't like on MFC but that's because we're talking to each other. MFC is not an open letter to Mika. If I'm going to speak directly to Mika or Andy or whomever, I'd rather encourage the positive than simply complain about what I don't like. If I don't like something I don't spend much time looking at it, and I don't comment.

i comment his blog because i want to make people laugh or smile

(i know its pretentious, i know)

Well, the woman with the cat was kind of treating it like a substitute child. That was just bizarre. She did seem a bit wacko.

I was actually more disgusted by what Hughesy did to his dog. OK, so it's just hair and it will grow back, BUT he simply did it for cheap laughs on a tv show, not because he's a poodle owner who actually thinks a dog looks good clipped like that. And Hughesy is not wacko, just a comedian having trouble coming up with something genuinely funny for the segment. I'm not saying this excuses the wacko woman, but I just didn't find him funny.

I never find Hughesy funny. He's a tool.

Pete Helliar on the other hand... he is funny...

That cat thing was just weird. Poor bugger..

I see where you are coming from.

Myself, I make the same sort of smartass remarks on there than I do here, and occasionally remark about how the particular blog may remind me of something that I have seen or done. But if someone on here mentions something that brings up the same subject that I say in a comment on there, I'll talk about it here, Mika don't get any special treatment, it all depends on timing.

Damn straight...

If I could be bothered to comment (or even knew how to), then I'd say something relevant or constructive...

He doesn't get any fangirly comments till he tours the Asia Pacific region...

I never find Hughesy funny. He's a tool.

Pete Helliar on the other hand... he is funny...

That cat thing was just weird. Poor bugger..

Damn straight...

If I could be bothered to comment (or even knew how to), then I'd say something relevant or constructive...

He doesn't get any fangirly comments till he tours the Asia Pacific region...

That's it girl, make him beg, LOL!!!

That's it girl, make him beg, LOL!!!

Well I think it's only fair...

We have to beg to get him to come to this part of the world, he has to beg to get his ego stroked! :naughty:

Speaking of stroking egos... I feel pretty pleased with myself... I've gotten a few people not from here to sign my petition! *pats self on back for doing a good job* :naughty:

Well I think it's only fair...

We have to beg to get him to come to this part of the world, he has to beg to get his ego stroked! :naughty:

Speaking of stroking egos... I feel pretty pleased with myself... I've gotten a few people not from here to sign my petition! *pats self on back for doing a good job* :naughty:

Oh, and I meant to ask, do you think there's even a slight possibility of Andy going to the Christmas party?

I'm only asking cause I'm trying to figure out a way to get the book we're putting together to Mika...

I have definitely stopped making comments on Mika's blog, can't see the point to be one out of 500! Or even more.

Maybe I'm a little spoiled from other bloggers who are answering the comments, maybe not every and each of them but at least showing some kind of sign “of life” She/he has read it!

But from Mr Curly head…….nothing!

And yes of course I know it’s impossible for him to answer them all, but on the other hand I think it’s even impossible to read them all.

I would love to hear why someone is making comments, I’m sure there are some reasons that are new for me and I’m honest, I’m not kidding or being sarcastic about this!

Good point Pam and Sienna. I will try and give my view.

As some of you may already know, I'm a very passionate person. This means that when I'm mad, I'm MAAAD, and when I am really "in love" with someone, I REEEAALLY love them :roftl:.

Basically, I'm a person of extremes. Often enough, anyway.

So when I'm mad at Mika (whether people agree with me being angry or disappointed at him for whichever reason that is, is a different issue), I will be quite vocal about it, but I will do it here.

Mind you, if I'm on a mega Mika high, all filled with fangurly luuurve, I'm also quite quick to state it here, and gush about him.

Moral of the story: I say what reflects my emotions and feelings at that particular time.

One thing that I will NOT do though, is to comment on Mika's blog saying harsh or critical things. I do make a few jokes, but this is what they are: jokes.

I would find it very distateful to go on HIS site, his blog, to slag him off and bash him.

When I've had negative things to say about him, I said it here on MFC where we chat amongst ourselves, we're amongst friends (well, mainly, LOL) and I have even mentioned it to him when I had the chance (ie, Paris, or letters I gave him with feedback a couple of times, etc).

So basically, I'm quite sure that I act the same with Mika or with you guys here on MFC. The only thing that varies is the medium. Posting it on the web here is one thing, and saying the same thing on Mika's own site is a very different (and rude, IMO) one.

Oh and just to add something else: First and foremost I consider myself a mega Mika fan, so I think that most things that I say about him are actually positive, but I just don't see the point of agreeing blindly with everything that he says or does, so if I don't agree with something I just say it.

If what I disagree with can be given to him as constructive criticism, then I do it.

If it's just a silly rant about me not liking his trousers (I really think he should bin those trousers with the shiny bit on the sides, he looks like a bullfighter), or the length of his jacket sleeves (seriously Mika, SORT THEM OUT :bleh:) then I don't think that this is anything else but my subjective remark, and it's not really something that he should be made aware of.

:roftl:Why would he care what I think about that, he?

On the contrary, if it's about something related to his shows and how I think he can make them better, I think that it's something worthy of bringing up.

Remember that we've often suggested things that he has picked up, he is open to feedback, good on him, so why not use that.

About the comments though: yes, I agree, it would be lovely to get a sign from him that he does read them/some, but I guess that it's not going to happen. Shame, really.

I tend to comment on his blog because usually I have a lot to say about everything...so I often make funny comments, or teasing ones (some of which he never accepted :naughty:) and other times I just openly tell him how I really enjoyed it.

Why not? I am just being honest. And I don't feel the need to "hold an image" or not go "down to fan level" or anything like that....I see no issues with that.

The reason why I comment? Quite simply, and I guess the same reason as 99% of people who do it: in case he reads it.

Of course I'd like for him to read it, otherwise I wouldn't write it! Why I would like him to read it though has a more complex answer and I think that I already wrote enough here so I'll leave it for now.

i comment his blog because i want to make people laugh or smile

And you do. I loved the peanuts one and I said that I thought it was you :naughty:.

Thank you all who gave an answer about my post on comment-the-blog-thing!

Great points of view!:thumb_yello:

Wendi, I love the blogging too, I really appreciate that he’s doing it and I hope he keeps it up!

Violet_sky, you really got some kind of exchange especially with the art blogs and the clown heads, it was good to hear!:wub2:

Christine, yes I agree, getting feed back even if it is from other people who are making a comment still is a proof that someone at least have read it and you made me look at it in an other perspective.:thumb_yello:

Pam Travers, you are funny and the peanut man was hilarious!

Sariflor, no of course not, it’s not the place to say harsh or critical things, absolutely not, it would quite simply be rude.

…”going down to fan level”…I just love being a fan:blush-anim-cl: and I wouldn’t think for a minute that it would downgrade me or anyone else, without fans there would be no(pop) artists!

But in spite of my age I’m a little new to this whole thing and I have had nothing but fun out of it.

The beauty of you is that you “usually have a lot to say about everything”…love it!:wub2:

And yes the trousers with stripes… good point…and especially when he combines the green stripes with a purple jacket….poor guy…:roftl:

The bottom line is, all of you made an answer to me, and that’s why I like this place so much we are actually having a conversation even if it’s in written letters!

But you also made me think a little deeper on why people are making comments in his blog!

Thanks!:wub2:

I reply to blogs once every time he post one, to make him know what I think (that in the end, I read it again and I say "D'oh!" :doh: because they always sound stupid or have any mistake). Rarely I write two comments, except when I forget something...

the first two or three blogs, my comments disappeared. No matter, I waited for the next blog, and in that next I wrote: "I hope my comments don't disappear like some of the previous did". Eureka. Now anything I write is there and approved :naughty:

And about the feedback, I'm pleased that he mentioned my country once and even said thank you. The blog's still on Myspace, but not in Mikasounds, but anyway, I know it was true and I didn't have a dream :wub2: If that happened, is because sometimes he notices about what his fans say.One day he read Argentina in our messages and maybe he was surprised and mentioned us; and I insist: Mika is not reading your minds, but I think he and his mafia are concerned about what the MFC thinks and that's the reason why sooner or later he makes something that is, for me, a little feedback, like saying: 'Guys, I'm here, I noticed about you' :biggrin2:

Sorry :tears: it's moving to me...

TIRED OF HIM???? Far, far from it!! :thumbdown:

Glad to know Angie! You know, I'm a person whi constantly changed his likings, and jumped from artist to artist, never listened the same for 6 months...

and Mika cast a sort of spell on me, 'cause it's been a year and two months and I never get tired and I still want more! :wink2:

I have definitely stopped making comments on Mika's blog, can't see the point to be one out of 500! Or even more.:cool:

Maybe I'm a little spoiled from other bloggers who are answering the comments, maybe not every and each of them but at least showing some kind of sign “of life” She/he has read it!:thumb_yello:

But from Mr Curly head…….nothing!:blink:

And yes of course I know it’s impossible for him to answer them all, but on the other hand I think it’s even impossible to read them all.:boxed:

I usually post a comment on his blog if i got something interesting to say and not only for the sake of posting a comment on his blog, but now i have stopped it and just reading the blog, the comment is getting swallowed by all the other 400-600 comments made so i just stopped altogether.

I tend to comment on his blog because usually I have a lot to say about everything...

Why not? I am just being honest. And I don't feel the need to "hold an image" or not go "down to fan level" or anything like that....I see no issues with that.

The reason why I comment? Quite simply, and I guess the same reason as 99% of people who do it: in case he reads it.

Of course I'd like for him to read it, otherwise I wouldn't write it! Why I would like him to read it though has a more complex answer and I think that I already wrote enough here so I'll leave it for now.

me too...i used to write him novels at the beginning but then....i stopped.

i probably thought that i was saying some essential Xhit,lol (whats wrong with that anyway)

i think the lack of feedback in general makes you feel like commenting god´s blog

and about "WhY would i like him to read my comments", can you actually answer? in my own case i can answer this very easily but this is really too narcissist and useless to tell, but id be interested to read other people answers.

for instance like 1 hour ago i was in a disc shop and the music played on was fleet foxes, someone asked the girl who that band was and i thought of our beloved bastard, its weird/sick to know the tastes of someone when this person doesnt know anything about you, you dont think so?

i probably thought that i was saying some essential Xhit,lol (whats wrong with that anyway)

i think the lack of feedback in general makes you feel like commenting god´s blog

That's the thing, don't we all think we have something essential to say? (At least when the whole thing started) :roftl: I wonder if it comes across that way. Probably not.

God's blog. :lmfao: Hilarious! :roftl: But yes, if there was such a thing, commenting on it wouldn't make much of a difference. Unless you are the person with the story about their bakery and the free stuff. :roftl: Looking at it that way, your chances to get a reaction are actually good. :thumb_yello:

and about "WhY would i like him to read my comments", can you actually answer? in my own case i can answer this very easily but this is really too narcissist and useless to tell, but id be interested to read other people answers.

for instance like 1 hour ago i was in a disc shop and the music played on was fleet foxes, someone asked the girl who that band was and i thought of our beloved bastard, its weird/sick to know the tastes of someone when this person doesnt know anything about you, you dont think so?

Why I'd like him to read my comments... I don't know, but I definitely write them hoping that he does. At least some of them. It's just a real pleasure to see what he likes and absorb it. And tell him so if he could show me something new I enjoy as well. Which doesn't mean at all that I just lurve everything he's into. And yes, I think I like the thought that he might know who I am. Not as in actually knowing me like a friend or someone close, but as in 'Oh, isn't she the one who did this and said that recently...' Not that I think he does. But I want to give him the chance. :naughty: Does that make any sense? Too narcistic? :boxed:

*I am guessing* that we all have the same narcissistic and self centered reason for him reading our comments: the wish for him to recognise us and "know" us a little in that sea of faces and names that he sees at every gig, etc...

It seems strange that we know so much about him and he doesn't know about us, so I guess that this is some weird subconscious way of showing him a bit of us. Not that he probably really cares, or wants to know, but I suppose that it's just human nature.

A bit like when you're interested in someone who you have noticed in a group of people, and you want them to see how interesting you are, so that they will also like you :roftl:.

I suppose that it's complex, and hard to explain, and it's possibly even a bit pathetic, but I hope that this kind of explains it.

For example, it's a bit like when we were at Brixton on the 28 feb, and I was in the front row, and he came out on stage to sing Grace Kelly wearing the Tshirt that I had given him 3 of months before.

Obviously, to me that was like...the Mika related highlight of the year !

After going to so many gigs, and seeing him get so many presents, to see that he had liked my Tshirt so much that he was not only actually wearing it (which I never knew that he would) but also doing it on stage, that was just such an incredible feeling.

I was SO happy, that after the gig it was just really important for me to let him know that it was MY Tshirt.

I knew that he knew that he'd gotten it from a fan, that he had my name on the Tshirt itself (the S with the flower) and that he recognised my face in the crowd as a regular, but I wanted him to put the face and the name and the Tshirt together.

For some reason, it mattered. To me. And who knows, maybe he already knew that it was my face who had given him the Tshirt, maybe he did remember, but in any case I had to bring it up because to me it was essential that he also knew that it was me who had made it.

Writing on the blog is similar.

I don't know if this makes any sense or not, but it just all came out. Sorry for the long read, I will understand it if you don't read it :roftl:.

Why I'd like him to read my comments... I don't know, but I definitely write them hoping that he does. At least some of them. It's just a real pleasure to see what he likes and absorb it. And tell him so if he could show me something new I enjoy as well. Which doesn't mean at all that I just lurve everything he's into. And yes, I think I like the thought that he might know who I am. Not as in actually knowing me like a friend or someone close, but as in 'Oh, isn't she the one who did this and said that recently...' Not that I think he does. But I want to give him the chance. Does that make any sense? Too narcistic?

I subscribe to your explanation as well :naughty:

in that sea of faces and names that he sees at every gig, etc...

For example, it's a bit like when we were at Brixton on the 28 feb, and I was in the front row, and he came out on stage to sing Grace Kelly wearing the Tshirt that I had given him 3 of months before.

[/color]

yeah and in that sea of faces we all look like fishes to him im sure but yeah its only human.

it remembers me something, ive been wearing a ring for years (before i lost it in the sea) it was a present. i didnt care about the girl who gave it to me, i mean she was following me everywhere, sitting in front of me and my friends in bars and parties, even tried to kidnap me once etc. well anyway the fact is that i was wearing her ring, i really liked the ring.as pathetic as it sounds.

of course im not saying its the same with mika and you, maybe he is more moral than i am.

and it must have been just great when it happened with the t, i know how its like on a less personal level and not with mika. its kind of funny when the anonymous, whats going on behind doors comes into the light,lol.

yeah and in that sea of faces we all look like fishes to him im sure but yeah its only human.

it remembers me something, ive been wearing a ring for years (before i lost it in the sea) it was a present. i didnt care about the girl who gave it to me, i mean she was following me everywhere, sitting in front of me and my friends in bars and parties, even tried to kidnap me once etc. well anyway the fact is that i was wearing her ring, i really liked the ring.as pathetic as it sounds.

of course im not saying its the same with mika and you, maybe he is more moral than i am.

and it must have been just great when it happened with the t, i know how its like on a less personal level and not with mika. its kind of funny when the anonymous, whats going on behind doors comes into the light,lol.

Fish or not, we're the ones who pay his wages so I hope that he doesn't look at us with disdain :wink2:.

Well, I never said that he wore the Tshirt cause he liked ME, I said that he liked the Tshirt :naughty:.

He doesn't know me so he can't like me. If he did know me though, I'm sure that he'd find me nice, smart, funny and caring :bleh:.

Anyway your stalker sounds a bit weird. Care to give us more details?