The Darkness!

BonjourMika1990

I was watching Vh1, the most wonderful or whatever hard rock songs of all time haha...and there was this song that I had definatley heard before: " I believe in a thing called love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4VOLeKBOw

So I was able to match the song to the band and it was The Darkness. To my great despair I found out that they broke up in 06' :(

But needless to say, their music is amazing! I'm so happy I found them. Wikipedia describes their music as a mix between Queen, Led Zepplin, Guns N' Roses and ACDC among others. Once I read that I was like :punk:

Anyone else love em'? The lead: Justin Hawkins has an amazing voice: actually reminded me of Freddie Mercury & of course if that name is mentioned Mika's name isn't far behind. It's the pitch man:wub2:

hawkins.jpg

Edited by BonjourMika1990

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a lot of success with the album, "Permission to Land" but Justin Hawkins couldn't handle it and ended up in rehab (for Cocaine, I think, but I may be wrong) That's why he left the group.

He tried for UK's Eurovision song last year*, but didn't get chosen. I think he is trying to make a comeback now, but with nothing like the succsess of the Darkness.

It's a shame- they made me laugh :naughty:

Edit * should be year before last - 2007 :naughty:

Aww I used to be obsessed :naughty::wub2:

It's such a shame they're not together anymore :emot-sad:

They really had some great songs :punk:

And the first and only time I did karaoke was to "I Believe In A Thing Called Love". Good times :wub2:

They had a lot of success with the album, "Permission to Land" but Justin Hawkins couldn't handle it and ended up in rehab (for Cocaine, I think, but I may be wrong) That's why he left the group.

He tried for UK's Eurovision song last year*, but didn't get chosen. I think he is trying to make a comeback now, but with nothing like the succsess of the Darkness.

aww thanks for the info! I hope he does comeback or that they get back together...

I always catch on to these things late lol...guns n roses and now them.:roftl:

Yeah they always made me laugh, they are as mad as a box of frogs. I could never figure if they were for real or did it all tongue in cheek. I suspect the latter.

I saw the Eurovision entry and it was absolutely hilarious when Justin stropped off when he didn't win. :lmfao: Hilarious. I have tried in vain to find a clip of the strop on youtube, but can't.

Edited by babspanky

I was watching Vh1, the most wonderful or whatever hard rock songs of all time haha...and there was this song that I had definatley heard before: " I believe in a thing called love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4VOLeKBOw

So I was able to match the song to the band and it was The Darkness.

Thank you for this!!! It was actually one of the great songs I was never able to match with the band and now I can:thumb_yello:

I found out about them last year. So I was late too.

I loved them from the first time I heard them. It was around Christmas and they played the song Christmas Time(Don't Let the Bells...) on the tv.

I looked them up on the internet and find out they had split.

I used that song last year to wish people a marry Christmas.

Nice to hear that Justin is back!!!

I lurve them! And I missed their only gig in Portugal, back in 2006, cause I had a test in college on the following day... :tears: I wanted to see them live so bad... Oh well...I still listen to them, though! :punk: They totally rock!