Mika 2005: gigs / pics / reports / press

mari62

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loads of people have mentioned the hair, but somehow, the dodgy little yellow ali baba shoes that are clearly 2 sizes too small for him have slipped through the net.

No matter, because Laura's here to rectify this matter.

WTF HAS HE GOT ON HIS FEET?!?!

:mf_rosetinted:

Loads of people have mentioned the hair, but somehow, the dodgy little yellow ali baba shoes that are clearly 2 sizes too small for him have slipped through the net.

I have no idea LOL :biggrin2:

• 2 months later...

:roftl::roftl:

thank you for posting all the information and pics:wub2:

:naughty: i think it's been mentioned before, but the use of those yellow alibaba shoes was for making a sound during recording... not to wear on the streets (at least i hope so! :aah:)

• 4 weeks later...

My name is Fernando Perdomo and I am a Miami based guitarist, producer, and the leader of Dreaming in Stereo and Chris Alvy Band.

Mika played his first show ever at I/O Lounge and I was on stage :) The band was Mika on Keys and Vocals, Myself and Dylan Schiavonne on guitars, Roger Houdaille of Ex Norwegian on Bass, and Derek Cintron of Dc3 and Scott Stapp band on drums. Jodi Marr sang backups wearing a large feather boa. We played 5 songs and I remember playing Grace Kelly, Stuck In The Middle, My Interpretation, and Love Today which was unfinished. In rehearsals at my house, Mika played us Love Today and the band loved it so much we arranged it on the spot. The show was awesome and I remember watching a video of the show at Jodi's house so that needs to come out one day.

Mika and I wrote a song called "Take Me back" at my house.. It was a great song .. kinda like a slow soul gospel tune.

The photo of Mika with Stephen Tyler was taken at Ritchie Supa's house on Ritchies Birthday.. I was there!! :)

Derek and Dylan are on the final version of Love Today that came out on Cartoon Motion .

I hung out with Mika at SXSW 2008 and he was really nice.. Im so proud of him .. I knew he was gonna be huge!! ..

My music can be found at http://www.dreaminginstereo.net , chrisalvyband.com and http://www.forwardmotionrecords.com

and If you like MIKA you will love Robert Elias.. FYI!!!

My name is Fernando Perdomo and I am a Miami based guitarist, producer, and the leader of Dreaming in Stereo and Chris Alvy Band.

Mika played his first show ever at I/O Lounge and I was on stage :) The band was Mika on Keys and Vocals, Myself and Dylan Schiavonne on guitars, Roger Houdaille of Ex Norwegian on Bass, and Derek Cintron of Dc3 and Scott Stapp band on drums. Jodi Marr sang backups wearing a large feather boa. We played 5 songs and I remember playing Grace Kelly, Stuck In The Middle, My Interpretation, and Love Today which was unfinished. In rehearsals at my house, Mika played us Love Today and the band loved it so much we arranged it on the spot. The show was awesome and I remember watching a video of the show at Jodi's house so that needs to come out one day.

Mika and I wrote a song called "Take Me back" at my house.. It was a great song .. kinda like a slow soul gospel tune.

The photo of Mika with Stephen Tyler was taken at Ritchie Supa's house on Ritchies Birthday.. I was there!! :)

Derek and Dylan are on the final version of Love Today that came out on Cartoon Motion .

I hung out with Mika at SXSW 2008 and he was really nice.. Im so proud of him .. I knew he was gonna be huge!! ..

If this story is true, then WOW! :shocked: I never thought we could ever get any real info about such an early Mika's career :biggrin2: Do you remember any words of that song you wrote with him? :blush-anim-cl:

Oh, and if it's not true, it still was very interesting to read :roftl:

If this story is true, then WOW! :shocked: I never thought we could ever get any real info about such an early Mika's career :biggrin2: Do you remember any words of that song you wrote with him? :blush-anim-cl:

Oh, and if it's not true, it still was very interesting to read :roftl:

agreed!:thumb_yello:

My music can be found at http://www.dreaminginstereo.net , chrisalvyband.com and http://www.forwardmotionrecords.com

All very interesting, but we do want to know the dirty deeds:mf_rosetinted:

The show was awesome and I remember watching a video of the show at Jodi's house so that needs to come out one day.

Yes it does!!

And that.

Welcome Fernando. Interesting post.

All very interesting, but we do want to know the dirty deeds:mf_rosetinted:

Yes Mika highly encourages his former band members to share stories with fans. :teehee:

Oh wow! That's so cool! :thumb_yello:

Welcome! (and feel free to share more stories with us! :teehee:)

Thats very interesting:thumb_yello: Hopefully we'll get to see the video of that early gig sometime.

tought about the same...no one mentioned it before.that was the first thing i realized on that picture :aah: