’Mika recommends’- music he likes

suzie

I think I read somewhere Nirvana influenced him to write his 1st song :blink:or did I imagine things ?:naughty:

No, I remember it said somewhere that their song 'Heart-Shaped Box' inspired him :biggrin2:

Yes, in an Italian magazine he says since he was a child he has been listening to different kinds of music: <<Fairuz, a legendary Libanese singer>>,

Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, serge Gainsbourg, France Gall, Jane Birkin and Tino Rossi.

Then he says he loves Joan Baez and Shabba Ranks

In the article he also mentions <<Asha Bhosle, the greatest Indian singer>> and

added the ones missing:wink2:

as for arabic music i think he talked about Feiruz's music.

added:wink2:

I think I read somewhere Nirvana influenced him to write his 1st song :blink:or did I imagine things ?:naughty:

No, I remember it said somewhere that their song 'Heart-Shaped Box' inspired him :biggrin2:

its on wiki.. is it reliable? :D

<<After listening to Nirvana's "Heart-Shaped Box" he wrote his first song, which he describes as an "awful" piano instrumental called "Angry".>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mika_(singer)

its on wiki.. is it reliable? :D

<<After listening to Nirvana's "Heart-Shaped Box" he wrote his first song, which he describes as an "awful" piano instrumental called "Angry".>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mika_(singer)

:shocked:reliable or not I can actually imagine it...

"She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak

I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box, for weeks

I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap

I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

Hey! Wait! I've got a new complaint

Forever in debt to your priceless advice...etc

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet

Cut myself on Angel Hair and baby's breath

Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black

Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back"

:roftl::roftl:

... this is an angry song...

by the way, one band he definitely mentioned he liked in his childhood was the Stone Roses, I will add them.

in the vlog he just said that the choir sung in m.jackson's records. he must have mentioned man in the mirror in an interview.

Well he certainly wouldn't use the singing choir for his own song from the song he doesn't like:naughty:

Most songs he played before his concerts

He picked Maneater when he was asked to pick 10 of his favourtite songs some timei mid 2007... I remember it because I hate that song.. He also picked Umbrella on that one...

He mentioned Paolo Conte in the Italian interview when he was making pizza... so funny :biggrin:

...will add Bob Dylan and Prince - I don't know how I could have missed them

Jacko is an influence, there already

Stravinski & Mozart - when did he say that?

Yeah I remember that about Umbrella :roftl:

I know that interview, but couldn't remember him mentioning Paolo Conte, thanks I'll watch it again :thumb_yello:

Grace Kelly was written directly under the influence of Mozart's "The Marriage Of Figaro" :naughty:

And about Stravinski, I'll try to find it.

I think I read somewhere Nirvana influenced him to write his 1st song :or did I imagine things :

"Heart-Shaped Box", yeeesss :wub2:

reliable or not I can actually imagine it...

"She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak

I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box, for weeks

I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap

I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

Hey! Wait! I've got a new complaint

Forever in debt to your priceless advice...etc

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet

Cut myself on Angel Hair and baby's breath

Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black

Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back"

... this is an angry song...

It is brilliant! The lyrics are...amazing. :wub2:

Grace Kelly was written directly under the influence of Mozart's "The Marriage Of Figaro" :naughty:

:no:

it's Rossini's Barber of Seville..

Most people think it is Mozart but it is NOT. Figaro Figaro but not from the MArriage of Figaro .. :biggrin2:

The Mama's and the Papa's

"I grew up listening to the Mama’s and the Papa’s"

OK, suppose it means he likes them. I will add them

Oh where did he mention The Stone Roses if you can remember ? :biggrin2:

It was in a written article, I remember .. He was talking about how different types of music he liked even as a child and he brought up Stone Roses as an example as opposed to sg else that I don't remember now but I will try to look it up. I remember it clearly because I liked Fool's Gold, too

hey guys, when did he cover "I Want Candy" ???, i'd love to hear him sing that !!! :punk:

He hasn't, it was one of the songs he has for the preshow music:wink2:

:no:

it's Rossini's Barber of Seville..

Most people think it is Mozart but it is NOT. Figaro Figaro but not from the MArriage of Figaro .. :biggrin2:

:shocked:

silly boy. He doesn't know it is NOT the marriage of Figaro but the Barber of Seville..:naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j9C4C0Xawg&feature=related

... bet 'his opera singer friends' phoned him after Taratata:roftl:

He also mentioned The Proclaimers in some interview.

No wonder, they are great melodists, which he is.

And great lyricists. No comment.

No, wait a minute, I am being bitchy and awfully unfair :shocked::sorry: !

He did write a few very catchy phrases :thumb_yello: , for instance 'cautionary wife' :bow: is up to Jackson Browne's 'the benediction of the neon light' :bow: .

It's just that he is such a brilliant melodist and breath taking performer that lyrics tend to be blurred by his other talents :wink2: .

Marie-Thérèse

And the guy's a sponge.

Jodi Marr -right spelling ?- said in an interview that a couple of times she gave him a few albums, he listened to them all night long and came back the day after with a music which must have been inspired by what he had just absorbed but which was, without the slightest doubt, his very own. He had assimilated and transcended it.

She also said or wrote somewhere that she felt that the boy -he was still a boy then- had been touched by God. I like that. There is something divine in music, isn't there?

Oh my Lord, I need help :shocked: !

Marie-Thérèse

*sighs*

:naughty:

Then what about this?

And...this?

Well, the source is that Taratata interview in each case, it seems, He did that just when LICM was released.

Obviously people took for granted whatever he said - without some background in classical music there is no reason to question the facts from someone who studied at the Royal Colleage of Music:naughty:.

And the guy's a sponge.

Jodi Marr -right spelling ?- said in an interview that a couple of times she gave him a few albums, he listened to them all night long and came back the day after with a music which must have been inspired by what he had just absorbed but which was, without the slightest doubt, his very own. He had assimilated and transcended it.

She also said or wrote somewhere that she felt that the boy -he was still a boy then- had been touched by God. I like that. There is something divine in music, isn't there?

Oh my Lord, I need help :shocked: !

Marie-Thérèse

True.. I think it was Cheap Trick the collection of which band Jodi gave to Mika - probably to try to balance the FM influence:naughty:

- but that 's just my opinion.

Well, the source is that Taratata interview in each case, it seems, He did that just when LICM was released.

Obviously people took for granted whatever he said - without some background in classical music there is no reason to question the facts from someone who studied at the Royal Colleage of Music:naughty:.

You know, whatever... :thumb_yello:

Oo, He likes Avril Lavigne. In some interview in Canada he asked for one of her songs to be played. (I think it was Girlfriend) He said he liked the nursery rhyme thing or something..

:naughty:

I think he has said something negative about Avril Lavigne :blink:

Yes I know that interview but he teased her a bit as well. He made jokes about her "Girlfriend" video, as far as I remember.