’Mika recommends’- music he likes

suzie

Didn't he mentioned, in one of his blogs, that he liked Celine Dion's songs?

he mentions Celine in 2 blogs, but he doesn't say he likes her

LOVE LOVE AMELIA”S MAGAZINE! MIKA BLOG!

July 27, 2008 Blog

Am sitting in my hotel room having woken up at horrifically late, 2pm to be exact (HA! love it!). *Im on mute mode, once again doing a Celine, and not talking until my show tonight.

http://www.mikasounds.com/2008/07/27/love-love-amelias-magazine-mika-blog/

-----------------------------

14.7.08 Bonjour Bonjour!

Nearly two weeks into my summer festival run and here is my long overdue B.L.O.G!

I’m currently sitting on my tour bus driving through the wine country in Bordeaux on my way to my gig tonight in Arcachon.* Eating burnt microwave popcorn (courtesy of my sister Yasmine) and carrying out my newly found steaming ritual, (a la Celine Dion!), life’s is pretty sweet, odd but sweet.* From my bunk on the top floor of my bus the weather looks perfect.*

http://www.mikasounds.com/2008/07/14/yo-mika-blog-14th-july-2008/#comments

July 27, 2008 Blog

Am sitting in my hotel room having woken up at horrifically late, 2pm to be exact (HA! love it!). *Im on mute mode, once again doing a Celine, and not talking until my show tonight.

14.7.08 Bonjour Bonjour!

Nearly two weeks into my summer festival run and here is my long overdue B.L.O.G!

I’m currently sitting on my tour bus driving through the wine country in Bordeaux on my way to my gig tonight in Arcachon.* Eating burnt microwave popcorn (courtesy of my sister Yasmine) and carrying out my newly found steaming ritual, (a la Celine Dion!), life’s is pretty sweet, odd but sweet.* From my bunk on the top floor of my bus the weather looks perfect.*

but that doesn't mean he likes her right??? could it not be that he finds her to be a "diva" :naughty: please!!!! :blink:

I'm not sure about this one either. I absolutely love the song and Mka would absolutely nail it! But I haven't seen or heard anything about him covering the song.

He covered it at his first gig in Ibiza when (I think) there was some sort of technical problem to keep the crowd entertained.

Either way, he sang it there.

(Wish I could have heard that.)

but that doesn't mean he likes her right??? could it not be that he finds her to be a "diva" :naughty: please!!!! :blink:

IMO this doesn't mean he likes her, he's just talking about her habits, isn't he? :wink2:

god i hope not!!! that will shatter my image of him! :roftl:
you don't like her, do you?:roftl: Edited by mari62

That MAY be my FAV!
love that cover as well! :wub2:

He covered it at his first gig in Ibiza when (I think) there was some sort of technical problem to keep the crowd entertained.

Either way, he sang it there.

(Wish I could have heard that.)

Guess we all wish we could hear that :D

IMO this doesn't mean he likes her, he's just talking about her habits, isn't he? :wink2:

you don't like her, do you?:roftl:

:naughty: not at all!!!

don't forget, i've been hearing about her since she was a little girl... every french family is so proud of her. i just heard her wayyyyyyyy too much!

my mother & sister love her alot... i can't stand looking at her when she is singing. she keeps hitting herself in the chest! she has to be the worse dancer in the world and her stage presence just gives me shivers... but not in a good way :naughty:

*runs in* Goodbye yellow brick road - Elton John :biggrin2:

:blink:

You mean he sang it? (as for favourite songs, I only mention the ones that do not feature as favourite artists... Eg, perhaps I should add Umbrella but not Rihanna)

How can you people forget he covered Standing in the way of control by The Gossip

How could I have fogotten that :doh:

did anyone already mention Aux Champs Elysées among the covers ?

will add it

The Proclaimers: 500 miles (-are we sureabout this??)

Surely not

Well, I deleted it, though I am angry with you :sneaky2:since you did not answer my twitter about the MFC :bleh:

:biggrin2:

i just heard her wayyyyyyyy too much!

I heard a couple of Canadians saying the same too :naughty:

she keeps hitting herself in the chest!

This made me :roftl::roftl:

Edited by Miro

July 27, 2008 Blog

14.7.08 Bonjour Bonjour!

:roll1:

He loves to compare himself to divas... First it was Mariah Carey, then Barbara Streisand and now Celine Dion (+ recently Perez's comment on him acting like Madonna)...:naughty:

No, that's definitely not a preference..

I wonder who comes next, though.. I personally can't think of any more names he can think of.

I really don't know that he mentioned the half of this. Never read/heard :lol3:

Where exactly did you find all those imformations? I bolded the ones I haven't heard of in pink.

About Nelly Furtado, I only know for "All Good Things", not "Maneater" :blink:

This is what I have to add:

Song: Michael Jackson "Man In The Mirror"

Artists: Igor Strawinski, Mozart, Bob Dylan, PRINCE, he likes arrabic music too...

You jest about Dolly Parton, surely?

It's the opener for all the shows, before Relax, and he has said he thinks it's a perfect pop song!

Grace Jones: Pull Up To The Bumper

Gwen Guthrie: Ain't nothing Going On But the Rent

And these are DEFINITELY in the preshow music!

Edited by RAK1

Here's a list of all the music he's included in vlogs:

Star Wars - The Clone Wars Soundtrack

in which vlog was the music from starwars used?

Aha, good man, sing on the decent song!:naughty:

thats exactly what i would say:roftl:

Artists: Igor Strawinski, Mozart, Bob Dylan, PRINCE, he likes arrabic music too...

when did he mention man in the mirror?

as for arabic music i think he talked about Feiruz's music.

You jest about Dolly Parton, surely?

It's the opener for all the shows, before Relax, and he has said he thinks it's a perfect pop song!

Because I have never gone to a show of his?:wink2: and I didn't recognize it on any of the vids I watched too... :blink:

Well, that's a news for me then! Thanks :thumb_yello:

He went to a Little Boots gig two months ago.

http://www.nme.com/news/little-boots/42571

Thank you :thumb_yello:

when did he mention man in the mirror?

In his mikasounds vlog, "New Music Part 1". And in one interview as well, I'll try to search it.

Edited by keti

:naughty: not at all!!!

don't forget, i've been hearing about her since she was a little girl... every french family is so proud of her. i just heard her wayyyyyyyy too much!

my mother & sister love her alot... i can't stand looking at her when she is singing. she keeps hitting herself in the chest! she has to be the worse dancer in the world and her stage presence just gives me shivers... but not in a good way :naughty:

aw I see :D

She's an amazing singer-songwriter, and must also be a very sensitive, nice and goodhearted person.

In the past I used to listen to her music and loved it, I watched a show of hers aired on Italian TV as well (and I remember her hitting herself in the chest :D), but now I'm not into her any more.

Yes, in an Italian magazine he says since he was a child he has been listening to different kinds of music: <<Fairuz, a legendary Libanese singer>>,

Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, serge Gainsbourg, France Gall, Jane Birkin and Tino Rossi.

<<Tino Rossi was the first voice, which lulled me to sleep during my childhood, especially "Petit Papa Noël". It's the most beautiful Christmas song I've ever heard.>>

Then he says he loves Joan Baez and Shabba Ranks

In the article he also mentions <<Asha Bhosle, the greatest Indian singer>> and Harry Nilsson

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1334&highlight=italian

In his mikasounds vlog, "New Music Part 1". And in one interview as well, I'll try to search it.

in the vlog he just said that the choir sung in m.jackson's records. he must have mentioned man in the mirror in an interview.

I wanted to avoid it, to tell you the truth..

If I do, I can add Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere, too. He almost covered it, anyway:naughty:

Otherwise, it's nice to hear from you again. Hope to meet soon again in London - I mean I hope there will be some concerts soon worth flying over to.:mf_rosetinted:

Great to see you still post once in awhile, and this thread was a great idea. :thumb_yello:.

I have already made some promises to vacation in the Philippines and Australia later in the year, but I'd love to squeeze a London trip somewhere - yes, hope there's good reason to meet again this year. :wink2:

I really don't know that he mentioned the half of this. Never read/heard :lol3:

Where exactly did you find all those imformations? I bolded the ones I haven't heard of in pink. ...

Most songs he played before his concerts

About Nelly Furtado, I only know for "All Good Things", not "Maneater" :blink:

He picked Maneater when he was asked to pick 10 of his favourtite songs some timei mid 2007... I remember it because I hate that song.. He also picked Umbrella on that one...

He mentioned Paolo Conte in the Italian interview when he was making pizza... so funny :biggrin:

...will add Bob Dylan and Prince - I don't know how I could have missed them

Jacko is an influence, there already

Stravinski & Mozart - when did he say that?