TOY BOY - Lyrics Discussion

Suzy

Can't seem to find that perfect image of what I visualize this Toy Boy to look like.

Perhaps we get JackViolet or Marianne to draw it for us.

doll1.jpgshort_boy_hair.jpg779183407_964dc426c8.jpg

boydolltwo1.jpgStuffed_Boy_Doll.jpgrag-doll-luke.jpg

Can't seem to find that perfect image of what I visualize this Toy Boy to look like.

Perhaps we get JackViolet or Marianne to draw it for us.

doll1.jpgshort_boy_hair.jpg779183407_964dc426c8.jpg

boydolltwo1.jpgStuffed_Boy_Doll.jpgrag-doll-luke.jpg

Those are all so cute, but...

Isn't he a wind-up toy?

Like a Jack-in-the-Box?

clown-jack-in-the-box.jpg

Those are all so cute, but...

Isn't he a wind-up toy?

Like a Jack-in-the-Box?

I suppose...but a wind-up toy needs simple this at its back:

sparklz-wind-up-toy.jpg

It'd be easier to sleep with if it didn't come with a box. :naughty:

Edited by Suzy

sparklz-wind-up-toy.jpg

Right, I was thinking about "come to life on a brass spring", so it lead me to Jack-in-the-box first...:wink2:

Maybe we'll have Wack/Mika drawings of Toy Boy on the album...even because it must be one of the new characters...

I see it coming...:and i'm prediciting some great art work to keep us mesmerized thumb_yello:

Have we got this one already???

139_017.jpg

Edited by willywonka

sparklz-wind-up-toy.jpg

Right, I was thinking about "come to life on a brass spring", so it lead me to Jack-in-the-box first...:wink2:

Maybe we'll have Wack/Mika drawings of Toy Boy on the album...even because it must be one of the new characters...

I see it coming...:and i'm prediciting some great art work to keep us mesmerized thumb_yello:

Have we got this one already???

139_017.jpg

I think it starts off as a Jack-in-the-box but later appears to be a doll.:naughty:

Am I the only one who pictures someone singing this song in a play? I keep seeing it in my head :naughty:

No I am right there with you. After the gig I kept thinking Mika needs to make a musical dammit! I really think he could do something legendary. Even more important and long lasting than his pop music.

Am I the only one who pictures someone singing this song in a play? I keep seeing it in my head :naughty:

I also agree. The minute he started singing it, the whole thing reminded me of those old fashioned vaudevilles or cabarets. Even his acting (as in facial expressions,body language,etc) was perfectly with it.

Maybe this is why I love this song so much:because it shows him in a different, richer and more mature light. As well as showcasing his amazingly rich and velvety lower tones perfectly, which I'm a massive fan of and will pick any day over his falsetto, it lets us see a new depth to Mika.

Like Christine, I also think that he should pursue that avenue, and do something else on top of pop. There are many competent pop artists but hardly any people as versatile and comprehensively talented as Mika, and I wanna see that from a front row West End theatre :original:

I also agree. The minute he started singing it, the whole thing reminded me of those old fashioned vaudevilles or cabarets. Even his acting (as in facial expressions,body language,etc) was perfectly with it.

Maybe this is why I love this song so much:because it shows him in a different, richer and more mature light. As well as showcasing his amazingly rich and velvety lower tones perfectly, which I'm a massive fan of and will pick any day over his falsetto, it lets us see a new depth to Mika.

Like Christine, I also think that he should pursue that avenue, and do something else on top of pop. There are many competent pop artists but hardly any people as versatile and comprehensively talented as Mika, and I wanna see that from a front row West End theatre :original:

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

You are speaking from my heart:blush-anim-cl:

No I am right there with you. After the gig I kept thinking Mika needs to make a musical dammit! I really think he could do something legendary. Even more important and long lasting than his pop music.

A 'Cabaret' type of musical...:blush-anim-cl:

Though I think his pop music will also be long lasting

It would be a marvelous song for a musical play! Mika could write a musical much better than Mamma Mia!

Mamma Mia is a silly story created in order to enable to fit in as many ABBA songs as possible and make people run to buy the backcatalogue of ABBA.:thumbdown:

The same applies to We Will Rock You.. Except that that one is not even funny:cool:

Mika can surely do better... Ideally, you write a story and songs rise from the story. It usually does not work the other way round..(though I can personally connect Toy Boy and Billy Brown in chronological order...:naughty:)

:biggrin2:

Mamma Mia is a silly story created in order to enable to fit in as many ABBA songs as possible and make people run to buy the backcatalogue of ABBA.:thumbdown:

The same applies to We Will Rock You.. Except that that one is not even funny:cool:

Mika can surely do better... Ideally, you write a story and songs rise from the story. It usually does not work the other way round..(though I can personally connect Toy Boy and Billy Brown in chronological order...:naughty:)

:biggrin2:

Yes I wonder if Billy Brown was Toy Boy's first love, whom BB ditched to marry the wife and have the kids! That would add new meaning to the verse which talks of the "oldest son." It could be one of BB's kids!

If Mika isn't careful, we will all be writing the musical for him! He'll just have to provide the songs and his talent at singing them!

"The Lyrics are dark and emotional.There's a track called Toy Boy,which is about a toy that gets used and abused by different owners.I guess these songs are the antidote to my first album.

From the latest interview of his in Q Magazine.

"The Lyrics are dark and emotional.There's a track called Toy Boy,which is about a toy that gets used and abused by different owners.I guess these songs are the antidote to my first album.

From the latest interview of his in Q Magazine.

He is good at sad sorrowful or dark lyrics with light touches and jolly music.