TOY BOY - Lyrics Discussion

Suzy

No worries! :blush-anim-cl:

Ok people, While I was listening to this song for what must be like the 2000th time, I noticed something.

At the start, when he explains that he wrote it for an acoustic setting ,bla bla, I think that he says:

"I like this one of the most"....I know that this doesn't sound quite right, but I really think that this is what he says.

Does anyone else hear that??? Just before he says that he just forgets it?

i think i've heard "it's one of the songs i like the most" but i'm not 100% sure

i think i've heard "it's one of the songs i like the most" but i'm not 100% sure

Yes, that is the feeling that I get from what he's saying: that this is one of his favourites, which makes me :wub2: him even more because it's definitely my favourite.

I still can't get over how good (and better than LICM and the other 'old songs') his new stuff is :fangurl:

Yes, that is the feeling that I get from what he's saying: that this is one of his favourites, which makes me :wub2: him even more because it's definitely my favourite.

I still can't get over how good (and better than LICM and the other 'old songs') his new stuff is :fangurl:

new stuff sounds even better than LICM which is something that i didnt think could be possible :fangurl: cant wait to hear the studio versions of these songs!!!

i think toy boy must be the song in the beginning of the new music2 vlog with the orchestra and the disney influences

new stuff sounds even better than LICM which is something that i didnt think could be possible :fangurl: cant wait to hear the studio versions of these songs!!!

i think toy boy must be the song in the beginning of the new music2 vlog with the orchestra and the disney influences

It is, you can hear the recording with him singing the words to ToyBoy in the background....But to be honest, I'm quite sure that I will prefer the 'acoustic' version of that song over the album version.

This is the ONE song that I feel will most certainly lose its magic once it's all produced and "done up" in the album. Sigh.

No worries! :blush-anim-cl:

Ok people, While I was listening to this song for what must be like the 2000th time, I noticed something.

At the start, when he explains that he wrote it for an acoustic setting ,bla bla, I think that he says:

"I like this one of the most"....I know that this doesn't sound quite right, but I really think that this is what he says.

Does anyone else hear that??? Just before he says that he just forgets it?

I think he says, "I like this song a lot."

I think he says, "I like this song a lot."

Yes, I thought that initially as well, but what I now hear just doesn't fit with that :blink:. It sounds too long, and I clearly hear an 's' somewhere, or even the 'st' combination that would be in 'most' .

It's driving me nuts:hair::naughty:

[/color]

...whatever he started to say he couldn't finish because someone interrupted him or he thought someone was saying something.... basically, he unconsciously kept delaying the starting of song..

I think he was simply nervous about how the audience was reacting...

Also, as soon as he finished with the line: "Hold me in your arms I’m just a boy like you" he did not look up he did not even take a breath but started singing the next verse immediately so that the audience had no time to react on that particular sentence...:teehee:

... but by the time he reached the 'barbie girl' part, I think he was pretty relaxed already:naughty:

...whatever he started to say he couldn't finish because someone interrupted him or he thought someone was saying something.... basically, he unconsciously kept delaying the starting of song..

I think he was simply nervous about how the audience was reacting...

Also, as soon as he finished with the line: "Hold me in your arms I’m just a boy like you" he did not look up he did not even take a breath but started singing the next verse immediately so that the audience had no time to react on that particular sentence...:teehee:

... but by the time he reached the 'barbie girl' part, I think he was pretty relaxed already:naughty:

What you just said makes a lot of sense!:thumb_yello:

It is, you can hear the recording with him singing the words to ToyBoy in the background....But to be honest, I'm quite sure that I will prefer the 'acoustic' version of that song over the album version.

This is the ONE song that I feel will most certainly lose its magic once it's all produced and "done up" in the album. Sigh.

But that's the best thing about it. We'll always get to look forward to the acoustic version at these upcoming gigs:wub2:

And I don't think it will lose anything. Let's not judge it before it's even been released :naughty:

But that's the best thing about it. We'll always get to look forward to the acoustic version at these upcoming gigs:wub2:

And I don't think it will lose anything. Let's not judge it before it's even been released :naughty:

Exactly... I remember people saying that the orchestra will ruin everything and we won't hear how he will articulate words...etc, but I imagine it will be arranged more like Any Other World - the orchestra is quiet in most parts except in between verses&the chorus.:wink2:

Exactly... I remember people saying that the orchestra will ruin everything and we won't hear how he will articulate words...etc, but I imagine it will be arranged more like Any Other World - the orchestra is quiet in most parts except in between verses&the chorus.:wink2:

Yeah same here. And I imagine he'll be playing the piano version at probably all of the gigs unless he can manage to fit an entire orchestra on the stage :naughty:

Well, I'm not trying to be pessimistic or even to convince anyone to see it the way I do, but it's just how I feel about songs in general.

I've always been a sucker for the simple, preferably one instrument only + voice tracks, which is for example why one of my all time favourite recordings of Mika's voice is when he does Satellite just with a bit of guitar. Or why I absolutely adore the acoustic Relax that he did at the Fiat London Eye gig, or at the Jo Whiley Live Lounge.

I can't help it. I ALWAYS prefer a simple (live) version of a song like that, than when it has a whole produced vibe, or when many instruments and effects are also in it.

So yes, I'm sure that I will like the song, and I'm not trying to jump the gun here, but I'm also pretty sure already that I won't like it as much as I do the live version. Or as much as for example as I will like the produced version of BIOTG or GGG :wink2:.

Well, I'm not trying to be pessimistic or even to convince anyone to see it the way I do, but it's just how I feel about songs in general.

I've always been a sucker for the simple, preferably one instrument only + voice tracks, which is for example why one of my all time favourite recordings of Mika's voice is when he does Satellite just with a bit of guitar. Or why I absolutely adore the acoustic Relax that he did at the Fiat London Eye gig, or at the Jo Whiley Live Lounge.

I can't help it. I ALWAYS prefer a simple (live) version of a song like that, than when it has a whole produced vibe, or when many instruments and effects are also in it.

So yes, I'm sure that I will like the song, and I'm not trying to jump the gun here, but I'm also pretty sure already that I won't like it as much as I do the live version. Or as much as for example as I will like the produced version of BIOTG or GGG :wink2:.

I feel the same way - I wish we could make him see that sometimes less is better. (And I love Satellite too).

I feel the same way - I wish we could make him see that sometimes less is better. (And I love Satellite too).

Aaaah :naughty: finally else who sees it the same way. Satellite is just amazing isn't it? His voice on it is just :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Aaaah :naughty: finally else who sees it the same way. Satellite is just amazing isn't it? His voice on it is just :wub2::wub2::wub2:

It really shows off his voice :fangurl: , I think again it's because it's mainly in his lower register. And I love the guitar accompaniment. :wub2:

Omg, I have taken that away from my mp3 and lost the original link in one of my computer disasters...anyone know where I can download it again?:shocked:

Please...:wink2:

Omg, I have taken that away from my mp3 and lost the original link in one of my computer disasters...anyone know where I can download it again?:shocked:

Please...:wink2:

I got it off YouTube - haven't checked to see if it is still there :shocked:

I hear, “This is one of the ones; it’s called Toy Boy: no-one’s heard, and it’s in A?

I like the singing but I just don’t……

You have to be quiet; it’s all about the words, sorry to be a dick!”

I adore his version of Satellite too! :wub2:

Do you think that he doesn't realise how much we love the sound of his voice and that he just loves to experiment with all these amazing sounds that he can now afford to add...kind of like a kid in a sweet shop... forgetting that we'd prefer it really simple so that we can hear the purity of his voice?

I adore his version of Satellite too! :wub2:

Do you think that he doesn't realise how much we love the sound of his voice and that he just loves to experiment with all these amazing sounds that he can now afford to add...kind of like a kid in a sweet shop... forgetting that we'd prefer it really simple so that we can hear the purity of his voice?

I think that he either doesn't realise, or doesn't care :roftl: but I do wish that he'd listen :biggrin2:

Yeah, I totally understand. But hey, at least we'll have two different versions of the same song :fangurl::naughty: