What Do You Guys Think Of The New Songs?

sorry the title of the thread meant to say "What Do You Guys Think Of The New Songs", sorry from my dyslexic errors

Just thought i'd create a new thread on what you guys think of all new songs and snippets of the album Mika has give us,

OK i'll go first

Toy Boy - Love this song and the lyrics are kind of serious but funny a dark way also i'd love to play this on keyboard/piano

Blame It On The Girls (Clapping Song) - Again Brilliant song and from what i've heard from the studio version and the live acoustic version i can see this song really growing on me

Blue Eyes - Can't hear much of the lyrics, but the melody sounds really sweet, in fact it if i didn't know any better it sounds like a love song, but i could be wrong cus i can't heard the lyrics clearly but overall it's a really sweet song

Rain - Rain has really developed since Parc Des Princes and the snippet of the Studio version sounds great i'm really interested in hearing the studio version in full, cus it sounds amazing

The Andre Gospel Choir Song - Again i can't wait to hear this one, it sounds amazing from what i've heard, i'm also interested into finding out the lyrics to this one cus you can hear the choir singing " ????? when your young and you want some" and because i can hear that it's got me thinking that this song is touching on a very interesting subject in good old Mika style:punk:

The Disney Inspired Song - I'm really interested and excited to how this song will turn out, i loved the snippet he played, from what i can hear i'm gonna really like this song

The 1920's Inspired song - Bascially the same as the disney one, i loved what i heard and i just cannot wait to hear the end result

Good Gone Girl - I left this one last cus i I f**king love this song, it's sssooo catchy all the way through i CANNOT WAIT to hear the studio version, i can't hear the lyrics and i can't wait to find out what they are cus i'll be singing them aaalll day. AMAZING !!! SONG !!!

well that's my review, so what do you guys think ???

oh btw, please note that the new songs played live recently may be acoustic versions, we'vehave not heard the studio versions in full yet, oooo i'll exploding with excitment !!!:punk:

and thank you very much to the guys who uploaded the videos they recorded, thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

Edited by John Alan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain- i really liked the 'old' version, but the newer version he showed with the violin sounds amazing!!! i luv the change he made to the tune too =)

Toy Boy- i LOVE the way he sings the first 2 lines...especially when his voice goes all deep! :wub2:

Good Gone Girl- Out of the 4 new songs sung yday, this was the one i liked the best too! i immdiately got into it!!!!! Very catchy, and im sure the real version would sound MUCH better!

BUT....

Blame it on the girls- When i heard it on his vlog i was like 'what????'

but i really luv it now! Its been in my head for the whole freaking day!!! Well, not the whole song, but the bit he showed us on his vlog. Another amazing song!!!

eugh....i cant wait 4 the new album!!!! i need it NOWWWWWWWWW! :D

News sounds are just perfect, my fav being Toy Boy, best lyrics ever written!!!

..same with me, but for me it's not only the lyrics. to me they go together with the melody and make me conclude that Toy Boy is the best song he has ever written (from the ones I have heard already)

:wub2:

Edited by suzie

News sounds are just perfect, my fav being Toy Boy, best lyrics ever written!!!

yes! TOY BOY is amazing!:wub2:

it's also my fav. lyric wise( as if we know the other songs lyrics:lmfao:, of course i wouldn't have an idea of something i don't know:roftl:)

Good Gone Girl - Clearly the one I like most, very catchy and seems to really work well live. Really looking forward to a studio version so I can hear what he says, I'm just catching random words here and there and they don't fit together very well :naughty:

Toy Boy - clever lyrics and catchy tune, think I like the fact that I got to see a video of this one before hearing the studio version, as his facial expressions really suit the lyrics :mf_rosetinted:

Blue Eyes - ARGH hated it at first, but I'm starting to quite like it, even though it does make me wanna start line dancing or something like that :cowboy: Maybe that could be the new trend instead of the ballroom dancing :naughty:

Blame It On The Girls - don't get this one, think you have to be there clapping along to catch the feeling. Don't really like the parts of lyrics I've been able to catch - probably not gonna be my favourite even in studio version, didn't like what I heard in the vlog either :blush-anim-cl:

Toy Boy - clever lyrics and catchy tune, think I like the fact that I got to see a video of this one before hearing the studio version, as his facial expressions really suit the lyrics :mf_rosetinted:

I loved it, too

very theatrical performance ... reminded me of Rufus a bit, but only the performace.

Think I'll have to watch some Rufus performances then :bleh:

... that was only a far resemblence but if you take your time to watch Rufus, search for Oh What a World live ... or Over the Rainbow

My 2 cents...

I kind of like the overall feel of his new album... at least the few samples that we heared either from his vlogs or the secret gig...

I feel he kept the same feel as LICM... same style.. he almost mirrored the formula in his first album's songs.. and I emphasize on the word formula as I see a HUGE similarity in the way the music has been selected and the style of each song in comparison to LICM...

Boy Toy and Billy Brown are both nursery rhyme type of songs in the style of the music ... but with very controversial lyrics (at least in the eyes of people who want to interpret every word and deduct conclusions) ... both sweet and entertaining.. and am sure will bring both interest and smiles ... it's Mika's way of teasing and mixing an innocent melody with "interesting" lyrics.. :)

Blame It On The Girls (Clapping Song) - I like it...very much like Love Today... very dance, happy cheerful song with high notes at times and melodic tunes at times... all in all I think people will find it difficult to stand still when hearing it... this has a great formula for a summer success - wish he would release it as a single this summer... like an intro to his album...

Blue Eyes - sweet... in the acoustic version the guitar is very dominant... which is not very common in his style in the first album... so I can not link it to a mirrored version of any of his current songs as I don't have the musical ear to analyse notes.. maybe if I hear it with piano and full production/mixed I would have a better opinion... but all in all it is pleasant though the quality of all recordings that I have heard so far is very poor so not much to say about lyrics...

Rain - oh well, I like it when I heard it in a low tone... am not a huge fan of his high notes on this song specifically .. .that being said... I know many people are huge fans of this song.. and it can be catchy.. time will tell... and eventually will find out how he recorded it and at what level he sang it..

so happy for all the ones that were able to attend the secret gig.. and thanks for the lovely posts, videos and pics...

:thumb_yello:

Toy Boy is definitly my favorite song. Maybe that´s also because the performance of this song was so energetic. I also like the new version of Rain. The melody was already nice in the old version, but the lyrics weren´t finished. Many sentences got repeated. From what I´ve heard, this song is going to be a hit!

It´s sad we have to waiit soooo long for the new album. I´m so excited and curious about it!

i love them!!

i really really like Toy Boy! i can see myself singing it every single day! the lyrics are really catchy and the tune too! the hole song is great! for me.. it`s the best of the new ones for sure!

Good Gone Bad is soo gooodd!! can`t wait to hear the studio version :punk:

Blame it on the girls.. so f*cking fantasticcc :mf_lustslow:

it`ll be one of the best songs live.. catchy and you could fell like you were there :bleh:

actually i love Blue Eyes.. i think it`s a really sweet song :wub2:

i can`t understand what he says but i like it.

the new album is going to be HUGE :mf_rosetinted:

Toy Boy - Love this song and the lyrics are kind of serious but funny a dark way also i'd love to play this on keyboard/piano

That is the EASIEST song to play :naughty: I'm rubbish at learning songs by ear and I picked that one up with just 2 listens.

Oh and I get the 'O What a World' comparison thing... They're not at all similar yet they are so alike...if that makes sense. Think you have to be a big fan of both of them to get it though maybe?

LOVE, LOVE LOVE Toy Boy.

I think its musical GENIUS. I absolutly adore it..such dark lyrics with so many possible meanings, really, it reads like a poem and it just has an other worldy quality that takes me on a ride whenever I listen to it.

that and I can't get it out of my head...

love the others as well, but man does that one stand out to me.

Blue eyes as well. Beautiful chorus. the words...I'm still trying to get a good clear view of them :D but its so lilting and lovely!!!

Edited by Ankmet20

Blue Eyes - ARGH hated it at first, but I'm starting to quite like it, even though it does make me wanna start line dancing or something like that :cowboy: Maybe that could be the new trend instead of the ballroom dancing :naughty:

Well... at first I felt I was committing sacrilege... 'cause I liked Blue Eyes just a little tiny bit. :naughty: I still don't like it like the others at all (I loooove the others and think are brilliant!!!!), 'cause there's something about the lyrics or the music, I dunno, that makes me feel Blue Eyes is not really MIKA, I feel it's.. what's the word... too plain, maybe. I'm not saying it's bad, but "flavourless".

Toy boy has definately the most intelligent lyrics I have heard ever in my entire life but I love Good gone girl the most but I need to get used to Blame it on the girl and boy cause it is the least I like