New Live Show!

dcdeb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well I thought it was either the code or part of her credit card or something. I'm just trying to protect her identity :tears:

Aww, you know I didn't mean to bully you :huglove:

CAn't see that I'm afraid. All this secret "hang round MFC all day" favours the very small group of people with no RL to get on with. In fact, I think it would be fairer to put the dates up in advance of booking so people can work out how best their limited funds can be used and sort out someone to buy for them if they aren't available at the opening of booking. Also to put in advance how many pre-sale tickets there were etc.

I really don't think this new gig will be in Europe- in fact, I'd be disappointed if it was as, like many others have said, we've paid for hotels and stuff and might not be able to make this new gig even if it was nearer home.

It bothers me quite a bit, too. Not that I didn't have a job including access to the internet. Yet checking MFC every five minutes or even more frequently (what I probably would do if I was sitting at home :naughty:) is not very helpful when you're doing something that requires your undivided attention. It's so unnerving having to think yourself into the matter afresh after MFC had you loose the plot. It's not always possible to just leave a meeting, too, to check MFC just to find the news are not there yet. And then what? Sneak out again after five minutes? :roftl:

However, it's the thought that counts and at least it is the kind of commitment we've been waiting for all the time.

And then, as stated many times before (Christine would say 'ad nauseam') it's all about priorities. If a Mika gig is what makes you happiest, you'll probably find a way to check the news. Come what may. :naughty:

Oh, and speaking for myself I can say I'm quite relaxed about this new announcement, as there is just one way it can piss me off in case I miss it. A gig in Frankfurt before the weekend. And it doesn't take much to see that this is quite unlikely. So yes, I'm all relaxed. :thumb_yello:

My guess would be France, though. :thumb_yello:

Edited by violet_sky

Aww, you know I didn't mean to bully you

It bothers me quite a bit, too. Not that I didn't have a job including access to the internet. Yet checking MFC every five minutes or even more frequently (what I probably would do if I was sitting at home :naughty:) is not very helpful when you're doing something that requires your undivided attention. It's so unnerving having to think yourself into the matter afresh after MFC had you loose the plot. It's not always possible to just leave a meeting, too, to check MFC just to find the news are not there yet. And then what? Sneak out again after five minutes? :roftl:

However, it's the thought that counts and at least it is the kind of commitment we've been waiting for all the time.

And then, as stated many times before (Christine would say 'ad nauseam') it's all about priorities. If a Mika gig is what makes you happiest, you'll probably find a way to check the news. Come what may.

Oh, and speaking for myself I can say I'm quite relaxed about this new announcement, as there is just one way it can piss me off in case I miss it. A gig in Frankfurt before the weekend. And it doesn't take much to see that this is quite unlikely. So yes, I'm all relaxed. :thumb_yello:

My guess would be France, though. :thumb_yello:

Duck, quick :shocked: ! The Brits have opened fire :sniper: !

Cheers,

Id3

Re the bolded part: Isn't that a bit harsh? :naughty: I wouldn't say that it's people with no RL to get on with; It would be people whose RL reality is different, so they may do a job where they have constant access to internet and can do a quick spot check, or be on msn so that someone else who sees an announcement gives them an instand heads up, etc, etc...

There are tons of different types of jobs and many (like mine) mean that one sits at a computer and logged into everying all day. It's just a different RL than to say, the person who works in a shop or teaches a class. Just different.

I have to agree it's a bit harsh too. People have access to the internet in many different ways these days.

Would you even believe there's such a thing as Mobile Internet!!!! :shocked:

Who'dathunkit :teehee:

Besides, some peoples R.L. is not about working or being out of the house, but rather not being able to work and being stuck in the house. Let's not judge.

It was probably a bit harsh, but as one of those sad beings without a fancy phone and with no internet access at work, I quite enjoyed reading it :naughty: Lucky for me that I only work part time, so I can still be here to panic buy tickets for concerts I can't go to :woot_jump:

I'm one of those sad beings with 4 computers and access to Mobile Internet - yet despite my technologically advanced home and crappy immune system lifestyle which prevents me from going out too much during cold/flu season (which it is atm), I'll probably log on to have a gawk, but still benefit none from this announcement. :pinkbow::naughty:

I'm one of those sad beings with 4 computers and access to Mobile Internet - yet despite my technologically advanced home and crappy immune system lifestyle which prevents me from going out too much during cold/flu season (which it is atm), I'll probably log on to have a gawk, but still benefit none from this announcement. :pinkbow::naughty:

You win :winner_first_h4h:

Wellllll it is currently five to eight in the morning and no announcement as to what these blasted codes mean :roftl:

Ahh I'm working 10:30 till 4....and I have internet on my phone, but unfortunately it doesn't let me access my hotmail, always says my email or password is wrong when it ISN'T!! Grr...

If anyone with my number wants to text me the details, then grand :thumb_yello:

And I work in a cinema, so no internet access for me lol

If it's any of that then I am gonna be singing him ANOTHER Dolly Parton number... it goes like this D..I...V....O...R....C....E!!!

You know what? I'll be laughing if it is another London gig... I'll also be p*ssed off cause there's other places besides Europe, but anyways...

But is it relevant to the widest group of MFCers? If the gig is in Japan then it's not really relevant for me to take the day off or for you to get up at 3 am or whatever - can't be that bloody hard to narrow it down just a bit

If it's Japan it's not exactly relevant to me either, and I live closer to there than you. Really, if people want to take the day off work for a piddly little announcement go right ahead, I personally don't see the point...

It won't matter if the time the announcement is made is put on here or not... once word gets out that the announcement is here, everyone will come on and crash the server... At least this way more people will get a chance to see what it is before the server crashes :naughty:

All this secret "hang round MFC all day" favours the very small group of people with no RL to get on with.

I really don't think this new gig will be in Europe- in fact, I'd be disappointed if it was as, like many others have said, we've paid for hotels and stuff and might not be able to make this new gig even if it was nearer home.

I probably should take offense that I have no RL to get on with and can ahnd around MFC all day... but what the hell, I can't be arsed.

I wouldn't be disappointed... I'd be p*ssed off if it was, because that means that ther will be one less gig elsewhere.

Because if it does happen in my Toronto suburbia backyard -it'd be nice to know before Kelzy, S&M, and Soangel who live in Australia buy 3 dozen tickets in front row and sell them on EBay. Just kidding of course...but you know what I mean.

SHHHHHHHHHH! You'll give away their grand plan!!!

And I get a cut of the profits...

It's NOT Dublin

I think that's pretty obvious! :naughty:

But I think it will be in France anyway, it usually is.

That'll be unfair... if he really wants to do another one in Eurpoe, do it somewhere he doesn't often go... the arse of Europe perhaps? :naughty:

Ditto. At the very least, ruling out a continent would be a good idea.

I think I can rule out a couple :naughty:

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but has anyone considered that this new show to be announced on Tuesday might be related to this?

Possible, I guess... I don't think it is though...

And then, as stated many times before (Christine would say 'ad nauseam') it's all about priorities. If a Mika gig is what makes you happiest, you'll probably find a way to check the news. Come what may.

Oh, and speaking for myself I can say I'm quite relaxed about this new announcement, as there is just one way it can piss me off in case I miss it.

Defo the thought that counts...if they keep doing this then it can only get better...

I guess you're right... honestly, I won't be checking too often, cause it will unlikely affect me... okay, it won't affect me :naughty:...

I'm one of those sad beings with 4 computers and access to Mobile Internet - yet despite my technologically advanced home and crappy immune system lifestyle which prevents me from going out too much during cold/flu season (which it is atm), I'll probably log on to have a gawk, but still benefit none from this announcement.

I was about to say, not everyone who has no RL has no RL cause they're not getting many hours at work :naughty:

Knowing our luck, it'll be announced when we go to sleep :naughty:

As today is bank holiday in the UK , I have a feeling the announcement won't happen until tomorrow....

:cool:

Have a nice day at work:thumb_yello:

:naughty:

The announcement's supposed to come tomorrow anyways...

The announcement's supposed to come tomorrow anyways...

The one about the codes is supposed to come today :mf_rosetinted:

And no I didn't take the day off for it, not supposed to be there before noon :roftl:

The one about the codes is supposed to come today :mf_rosetinted:

And no I didn't take the day off for it, not supposed to be there before noon :roftl:

But this thread is about the live show.:mf_rosetinted:

Suuuure :naughty:

I have the day off so yay! :pinkbow:

Now where is my personal gift?:aah:

well, its easy to rule out heaps of continents.

its pretty obvious where the gig is going to be. just do some simple mika math; (mika math lesson time, people.)

europe loves mika = mika loves europe. mika+europe= a happy couple, so WHY does he need to tour anywhere else?

he DOESN'T!

so we can safely say;

it won't be australia

won't be oceania

won't be china, russia,

it won't be japan.

i'm 95% thinking it's somehwere in europe, 5% thinking america/canada.

i don't really care about the announcements, mostly becasue i won't be able to afford to go to any of these places for the next 8 years. :naughty:

well, its easy to rule out heaps of continents.

its pretty obvious where the gig is going to be. just do some simple mika math; (mika math lesson time, people.)

europe loves mika = mika loves europe. mika+europe= a happy couple, so WHY does he need to tour anywhere else?

he DOESN'T!

so we can safely say;

it won't be australia

won't be oceania

won't be china, russia,

it won't be japan.

i'm 95% thinking it's somehwere in europe, 5% thinking america/canada.

i don't really care about the announcements, mostly becasue i won't be able to afford to go to any of these places for the next 8 years. :naughty:

I reckon it'd be unlikely to be in the US/Canada. He loves the US (loves Canada less :naughty:), so I reckon he'd do a few shows there. But like you said, it won't be Oz, and I reckon unlikely to be Asia. I don't think it'll be Russia either (even though he should go there!).

If I were a betting woman I'd put money on another Europe date.

I don't care that much either, but I'm finding this thread interesting.

I reckon it'd be unlikely to be in the US/Canada. He loves the US (loves Canada less :naughty:), so I reckon he'd do a few shows there. But like you said, it won't be Oz, and I reckon unlikely to be Asia. I don't think it'll be Russia either (even though he should go there!).

If I were a betting woman I'd put money on another Europe date.

I don't care that much either, but I'm finding this thread interesting.

If I was a betting woman I'd take you up on it. Surely he has more sense than to add a date now people have shelled out for travel. For your sake I'd like to say I think it's Australia (or NZ RH83), but to be honest I think it's the States again. Or possibly the far east. Although if the date is tacked on to the European tour, I suppose the Middle East is nearer.

If not Dublin then maybe Cork??!

Clutching at straws here, MIKA COME TO IRELAND NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sneaky2:

While it is not the performer you are hoping for, did you know Owen Pallett is performing in Dublin on....

May 29

27/05/09 UNITED KINGDOM Bristol (St. George's Hall) // Tickets //

28/05/09 UNITED KINGDOM London (Union Chapel) // Tickets //

29/05/09 IRELAND Dublin (Whelan's) // Tickets //

30/05/09 IRELAND Galway (Black Box)

31/05/09 SWITZERLAND Dudingen (Bad Bonn Kilbi Festival)

01/06/09 GERMANY Wurzberg (Cairo)

02/06/09 GERMANY Leipzig (Central Theatre)

Venice Biennale

04/06/09 ITALY Venice (Canada Party)

Sled Island Festival

24/06/09 CANADA Calgary (Central United Church)

Pitchfork Festival

18/07/09 USA Chicago (Union Park)

Hillside Festival

24-26/07/09 CANADA Guelph (Guelph Lake Island)

Field Day Festival

01/08/09 UNITED KINGDOM London (Victoria Park)

OFF Festival

6-9/08/09 POLAND Myslowice (Slupna Park)

Haldern Pop Festival

13/08/09 GERMANY Rees-Haldern (Haldern Pop Festival)

according to his page:

http://www.finalfantasyeternal.com/tour.html and his tweet yesterday said he was in London and hot, so he is already on that side of the pond...

While it is not the performer you are hoping for, did you know Owen Pallett is performing in Dublin on....

May 29

I've never heard of him:teehee:

but thank you! I still live in hope that Mika will one day come and see me, and until then I'll just keep watching my Mika dvds:teehee::thumb_yello: