Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don;t think you knew that about me, but I am the kind of person who would JUST DO THAT!!! :lmfao: I am the kind of person who wouldn't say no to something like that as long as it's funny...I would just laugh at it so much...We'll make some more plans there! I'm planning to spend my whole day there in front of the venue...I don't know why...

Why would you waste a day in Paris doing that, if we most likely (unless someone denies it) have assigned seats? :blink: I'm sure that there are plenty of better things to do there :roftl:.

Glad mika took the lesson of Blauman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0VXU186fU4

the chain/circle of screaming/complaining

we complained to Helen,Helen Complained to her boss,Her boss Complained to Mika and finally mika complained back to us.

the circle is completed:mf_rosetinted:

:crybaby: Very crafty :naughty:

Glad mika took the lesson of Blauman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0VXU186fU4

the chain/circle of screaming/complaining

we complained to Helen,Helen Complained to her boss,Her boss Complained to Mika and finally mika complained back to us.

the circle is completed:mf_rosetinted:

Isn't SOMEONE meant to kick to dog?

@Jamakkronic Ah thank goodness! Twitter complaints do get v tiresome.

Funny I had also predicted this exact thing the other day. Too bad that stating the obvious is still not obvious enough.

But there are some things that do fall into his remit and he should be prepared for a bit of flak every now and again. Twitter is a public domain, and it's the closest way that anyone has to contact him directly, so if certain things happen, that folks aren't happy about, obviously they'll go straight to the source and have a go about it.

Like what? What is so critical and urgent that people need to go moaning to Mika about it to sort it out? Especially if you're a member of MFC where we have ways of contacting the people whose job it is to deal with these things.

So maybe he should start cracking the whip on that end, and get them to pull their socks up, then he wouldn't get the earache at the other end. Everybody wins!

Don't you think Mika has enough to do cracking the whip to see that his album is made the way he wants and his stage productions go off the way he wants along with all the bazillions of other things he personally has to attend to?

We have the direct contact with him that everyone has been craving for years and people are abusing it by bitching to him about tickets and strippers and codes and vlogs and NYC liquor laws and everything else under the sun that has nothing to do with his tweets.

If people don't want him to disappear off Twitter the way he has disappeared from everywhere else that they are incessantly yapping, begging and complaining to him, then they need to STFU. All of this abuse is just going to ruin it for everyone else who appreciates the chance to have some positive interaction with him instead of an outlet to complain.

Why would you waste a day in Paris doing that, if we most likely (unless someone denies it) have assigned seats? :blink: I'm sure that there are plenty of better things to do there :roftl:.

I'll be in Paris for a week, even if I'd find something to do, you can imagine that I won't be able to focus on ANYTHING AT ALL, and besides I will most surely start worrying wheter I'll get back on time or not...my speciality :mf_rosetinted:

Of course I don't think I will be there ALL day long, but from at least 12 o'clock...:roftl:, I don't know really, I just want to get my hands on my tix first (if they arrive next week of course) and then think about how many hours I'd like to spend there in front of the venue...

Thanks Marina, you are so efficient!

I use the Firefox extension to download them as I view them, as you never know when they will be gone it seems :roftl:.

Thanks Sara :blush-anim-cl: yeah, I download them straight away s well.... fearing they'd disappear :naughty:

I like this vlog so much that I couldn't help but upload it asap in order that everyone could see it :wub2:

me thanks!

i still cannot watch it!

marina :wub2:

you're most welcome Robi! :wub2:

There must be a vlog strike in Italy. :mf_rosetinted:

I can't watch it either.

Not on ANY of the links?
Guess they mean they can't watch it on YT yet Edited by mari62

Funny I had also predicted this exact thing the other day. Too bad that stating the obvious is still not obvious enough.

Like what? What is so critical and urgent that people need to go moaning to Mika about it to sort it out? Especially if you're a member of MFC where we have ways of contacting the people whose job it is to deal with these things.

Don't you think Mika has enough to do cracking the whip to see that his album is made the way he wants and his stage productions go off the way he wants along with all the bazillions of other things he personally has to attend to?

We have the direct contact with him that everyone has been craving for years and people are abusing it by bitching to him about tickets and strippers and codes and vlogs and NYC liquor laws and everything else under the sun that has nothing to do with his tweets.

If people don't want him to disappear off Twitter the way he has disappeared from everywhere else that they are incessantly yapping, begging and complaining to him, then they need to STFU. All of this abuse is just going to ruin it for everyone else who appreciates the chance to have some positive interaction with him instead of an outlet to complain.

I think you're right Christine, hadn't considered his point of you either Edited by mari62
correcting mistake

I do concede that the amount of complaining that went on over those issues you mention, was excessive. And Helen, to her credit has been a star, don't know how many emails she must of got, but she seemed to keep up with them really well.

And I know we have a brilliant line of communication with Team Mika, which until the NYC debacle, I thought was excellent.

The NYC thing though, just 1 simple explanation of why U18s couldn't attend, wouldn't have hurt.

We know it wasn't the venue, so it couldn't have been anything to do with the bar, and just saying no under 18s, and not saying why, doesn't make sense to me.

He wouldn't have any bother on Twitter at all, if an explanation had been given up front, that's all Im saying.

And yes I KNOW, he shouldn't be hassled about it at all, but when the information isn't forthcoming from the other source, I'm not surprised he was approached about it.

Very true Christine! :thumb_yello:

Every time the man writes a little tweet he gets many answers, wouldn’t it be great if we could get rid if the whiney and demanding ones, it’s not a very nice reading for anyone!

And finally I understand what that shortening means!:wink2:

Interaction ? With Mica ? On Twitter ? :confused:

So far what I've read there from him has been one-sided rambling and he hardly ever answers tweets from his fans, celebrities excluded.

But then I don't spend much time browsing Twitter, let alone tweet.

As for the constant complaining I think it can be mainly blamed on the fact that he has always boasted of being a control freak who demands to have a say in everything connected to his work.

People tend to trust him, to believe, sometimes a little naively, what he says. His lies -if any- are hardly their responsibility.

Marie-Thérèse

Very true Christine! :thumb_yello:

Every time the man writes a little tweet he gets many answers, wouldn’t it be great if we could get rid if the whiney and demanding ones, it’s not a very nice reading for anyone!

Yes, indeed, let's protect 'the boy', let's shield him from any unpleasantness, let's tell him Santa's for real, let's prevent him from growing up.

We all know there is no better way to love somebody...

Marie-Thérèse

And I know we have a brilliant line of communication with Team Mika, which until the NYC debacle, I thought was excellent.

The NYC thing though, just 1 simple explanation of why U18s couldn't attend, wouldn't have hurt.

We know it wasn't the venue, so it couldn't have been anything to do with the bar, and just saying no under 18s, and not saying why, doesn't make sense to me.

He wouldn't have any bother on Twitter at all, if an explanation had been given up front, that's all Im saying.

And yes I KNOW, he shouldn't be hassled about it at all, but when the information isn't forthcoming from the other source, I'm not surprised he was approached about it.

Team Mika gave a consistent answer on the 18+ issue so we were not having any communication problems with them.

It is the venue that was creating confusion by giving various stories to various people and acting on the wrong information. They have a history of doing this. Something similar happened to Patrick Wolf's fans who were sold 18+ tickets and then told by Le Poisson Rouge that they couldn't be admitted unless they were 21+.

http://www.last.fm/event/1013102

I realize that the 18+ stipulation doesn't make sense on the surface but Mika is under no obligation to explain it to anyone, especially via Twitter. Mika has a booking agent and a couple of managers and for all we know he was not involved in this decision.

It could have been a liability issue. It could have been a cost issue with the venue. Maybe they just preferred an older crowd for this small show. Who knows.

We are not Mika's boss. He doesn't have to answer to us for every business decision he and his people make. If fans don't like it they don't have to buy concert tickets. As it happened there were plenty of 18+ people to fill this venue and there are more begging for tickets.

I know it's lousy that under 18s had their hopes set on seeing him this summer but he's played NYC all ages shows many times, including a free show after the GMA concert. He will play NYC all ages shows many times in the future. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

We can't have everything we want all the time and sometimes you just have to suck it up.

:teehee:

I am, and if you do that I will make sure that I have my camera ready to film you because I am NOT missing the chance to see that over and over again :lmfao:

Thanks Marina, you are so efficient!:thumb_yello:

I use the Firefox extension to download them as I view them, as you never know when they will be gone it seems :roftl:.

Now that would just be horrific. Before we panic, does anyone have their tickets yet?

When I spoke to Sandbag they said that it was allocated seating and that they would allocate the seat numbers, so maybe what you read on the site is for general circus, and for gigs they are actually giving people seats...

Until someone has a ticket and it doesn't have a seat number, I refuse to panic :naughty:.

To say nothing of the brilliant blackmailing opportunity such vids will offer you :naughty: ... all those crossing of the pond must cost you the earth :wink2: !

Marie-Thérèse

Yes, indeed, let's protect 'the boy', let's shield him from any unpleasantness, let's tell him Santa's for real, let's prevent him from growing up.

We all know there is no better way to love somebody...

Marie-Thérèse

He doesn't need to be shielded from unpleasantness but you need to pick your battles. Moaning at him about trivial nonsense until he flicks the off switch isn't going to accomplish anything.

So far what I've read there from him has been one-sided rambling and he hardly ever answers tweets from his fans, celebrities excluded.

But then I don't spend much time browsing Twitter, let alone tweet.

Well then I guess you haven't had the same experiences that I have then. Keep in mind that some of his responses to people are not public.

Edited by Christine

Well then I guess you haven't had the same experiences that I have then. Keep in mind that some of his responses to people are not public.

Now. This is hyper-teasing. :mf_rosetinted:

You're holding out on us, aren't you. :sneaky2:

Now. This is hyper-teasing. :mf_rosetinted:

You're holding out on us, aren't you. :sneaky2:

Haha...well I was saving it for my LA gig report but it's been 6 weeks, I'm still not finished and I'm trying to get ready for London now so I guess it's never going to happen. :dunno:

He sent this a couple of hours after he left the park in Beverly Hills.

mdm.jpg

And for the record, this wasn't actually a response to one of my tweets. I did not go moaning to him on Twitter that we weren't able to meet him at the ice cream truck and in fact I never mentioned it anywhere on the net. It came completely out of the blue.

Sometimes you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Haha...well I was saving it for my LA gig report but it's been 6 weeks, I'm still not finished and I'm trying to get ready for London now so I guess it's never going to happen. :dunno:

He sent this a couple of hours after he left the park in Beverly Hills.

mdm.jpg

And for the record, this wasn't actually a response to one of my tweets. I did not go moaning to him on Twitter that we weren't able to meet him at the ice cream truck and in fact I never mentioned it anywhere on the net. It came completely out of the blue.

Sometimes you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

:aah::aah: You lucky thing. :wink2:

You know what...I still haven't subscribed to Twitter!!! :roftl:

I told you: he has to beg me. He's not the most stubborn human being on Earth. :glasses3:

He doesn't need to be shielded from unpleasantness but you need to pick your battles. Moaning at him about trivial nonsense until he flicks the off switch isn't going to accomplish anything.

But that's exactly what the post I reacted to wanted to achieve.

He seems to be in the process of breaking free, being his own man, what's wrong with letting him grow up ? Because he is his fans' toy boy, their Barbie or Ken doll and toys are not allowed to age :thumbdown: ?

Don't worry, he would soon flick on another :biggrin2: ! And I got the impression that trivial nonsense, which Mica himself posts on Twitter, was the whole idea of tweets :confused: .

Well, then, I guess some fans are considered more important than others :wink2: .

I couldn't help giggling as people who mention special 'M experiences' are laughed at here and that's exactly what you have just done :naughty: ...

Marie-Thérèse

And I got the impression that trivial nonsense, which Mica himself posts on Twitter, was the whole idea of tweets :confused: .

Of course it is but it's also supposed to be FUN.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to sift through hundreds of messages of people bitching and moaning at them about things that are not important or even remotely related to what you've been saying on Twitter?

Well, then, I guess some fans are considered more important than others.

He has sent direct messages to many people. He has made no secret about it and even says things like "check your DM!" :wink2:

I couldn't help giggling as people who mention special 'M experiences' are laughed at here and that's exactly what you have just done :naughty: ...

The message was directed to all of us who were in LA, not me. I don't know why he sent it to me and not, say Nono. Just the luck of the draw I suppose. I take it personally insofar as it was a nice gesture to all the MFCers in LA that he did want to speak to us and followed through on it the next day.

Just subscribed.. And I agree that people can't be whining directly to him, and especially on twitter. I think the mods and admins are already doing a great job with sorting things out with Mika's mgmt, and there's no need to go and ask Mika himself to do something because, after all, it's not his job. That's what the Mika team is for. If it isn't working well, you don't go and complain about it to him because that won't solve anything... You have to tell it to the right people.

I don't think he created a twitter for fans to go and tell him what do they find wrong about everything he does or is around him. He did it because he wanted to give us another way to get to know him better(I think) to allow us to stalk him a little bit more obssessively and to help with his own promotion.

I think this is already a great thing for us, it's a huge step from the "shy" Mika that just had an official website and that was it.

As many of you said, I'd just say myself for all those people to STFU. He's too nice to do it... But he shouldn't be.

The only difference between twitter and i.e. myspace or the blog is that he apparantly reads the whiny replies, it's not like the "Why is the concert in Berlin and not in Bochum :crybaby:" kind of whining hasn't always been there and I'm sure the rest has too, just not as "in your face" as it is now :dunno: