Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

The only difference between twitter and i.e. myspace or the blog is that he apparantly reads the whiny replies, it's not like the "Why is the concert in Berlin and not in Bochum :crybaby:" kind of whining hasn't always been there and I'm sure the rest has too, just not as "in your face" as it is now :dunno:

Yep... Not so directly.

I think he's had enough of "Come to ____________ Mika! We love you just as much as anyone else!"

Who wouldn't anyway:naughty:

I get it that people want gigs in their country, so do I, but going to Mika and ask it or whine that he won't come isn't going to do anything...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep... Not so directly.

I think he's had enough of "Come to ____________ Mika! We love you just as much as anyone else!"

I get it that people want gigs in their country, so do I, but going to Mika and ask it or whine that he won't come isn't going to do anything...

opsss :fisch:

The only difference between twitter and i.e. myspace or the blog is that he apparantly reads the whiny replies

Yes this is exactly the difference and if people keep up their whiny replies there will be no differences at all because he'll stop reading Twitter too.

opsss :fisch:

Hahaha:roftl:

I do get you... But it gets old you know:no:

When he was talking about complaints.. What kind of complaints were they? About the new dates, the codes and the places of the gigs?

Of course it is but it's also supposed to be FUN.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to sift through hundreds of messages of people bitching and moaning at them about things that are not important or even remotely related to what you've been saying on Twitter?

He has sent direct messages to many people. He has made no secret about it and even says things like "check your DM!" :wink2:

The message was directed to all of us who were in LA, not me. I don't know why he sent it to me and not, say Nono. Just the luck of the draw I suppose. I take it personally insofar as it was a nice gesture to all the MFCers in LA that he did want to speak to us and followed through on it the next day.

So he has some sifting to do ? Tough.

Hence the urge to protect him... is anybody willing to do some sifting for him ? Be his sifter, and bear the brunt of all the bitching and moaning, as kings of yore had tasters who died of poisoning instead of their masters -well actually they both died because the most lethal poisons are the ones that kill after several hours but that's another issue- ?

Personally I don’t think it would be wise to edit the tweets and let him read only those saying that he is the best, the most talented, effing musical genius in the history of time… not that it isn’t true :wink2: , but we don’t want 'the boy' to become conceited, do we :naughty: ?

Marie-Thérèse

Isn't SOMEONE meant to kick to dog?

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Of course it is but it's also supposed to be FUN.

Yep... Not so directly.

Maybe Mika should keep the business announcements (codes, tickets) off Twitter? MS would have done for those, and could just as well have come from his management. Posting about codes on Twitter does kind of invite people to reply.

I think there's a difference between the "come to Middlesbrough- we love you" type stuff and ticket moans. Ticket moans should be directed to the appropriate person but the "we love you/love your written blogs (hint hint)" type stuff, however boring, is a legitimate opinion related to his artistic work.

woah physic... I'm impressed.

Nah- surely that was when Christine thought the tix would go on sale Friday!

When he was talking about complaints.. What kind of complaints were they? About the new dates, the codes and the places of the gigs?

I'm guessing, like most other human beings, he doesn't particularly enjoy any complaints he receives. :teehee:

They seemed to be talking about ticket deliveries in this case though.

Yes this is exactly the difference and if people keep up their whiny replies there will be no differences at all because he'll stop reading Twitter too.

can't blame him, it's not exactly interesting :dunno: if you take away the moaning, there will be a selection of marriage proposals, a bunch of "I saw you in ____, do you remember, I was the one with the hair" , a tv guide for various soaps, links to pictures of lollipops, a very interesting update on a couple of boring lives and then the odd weirdo just posting the lyrics to Grace Kelly :yay:

can't blame him, it's not exactly interesting :dunno: if you take away the moaning, there will be a selection of marriage proposals, a bunch of "I saw you in ____, do you remember, I was the one with the hair" , a tv guide for various soaps, links to pictures of lollipops, a very interesting update on a couple of boring lives and then the odd weirdo just posting the lyrics to Grace Kelly :yay:

Aw Kata- you've been reading all my tweets!

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Maybe Mika should keep the business announcements (codes, tickets) off Twitter? MS would have done for those, and could just as well have come from his management. Posting about codes on Twitter does kind of invite people to reply.

I think there's a difference between the "come to Middlesbrough- we love you" type stuff and ticket moans. Ticket moans should be directed to the appropriate person but the "we love you/love your written blogs (hint hint)" type stuff, however boring, is a legitimate opinion related to his artistic work.

Nah- surely that was when Christine thought the tix would go on sale Friday!

Well yeah but there's always someone asking about it via twitter so maybe he feels like he should do it?:huh:

I'm guessing, like most other human beings, he doesn't particularly enjoy any complaints he receives. :teehee:

They seemed to be talking about ticket deliveries in this case though.

:roftl: Especially when you can't do anything more about it and people don't get that...It's like someone saying to another person "God, I'm so fat.":naughty: It's pointless! And besides... I think he's already working pretty hard so people should stop trying to find flaws everywhere.. Because there'll always be something you don't like or that you find wrong or inconvenient. And mostly whining about it repetedly won't solve it.. So you might just keep your mouth shut and open it when you're willing to do consctructive criticism at least!

Well isn't sandbag enough? They're trying their best to sort things out.. No need to go and tell it to Mika.. like he doesn't know what's going on.

Edited by Neiobi

I think he has attempted to do that which is why I think it's inappropriate for people to go moaning to him there.

If he said "Hey, everybody come and buy an EP and I'll give you a code." he is inviting bitching when people don't get their codes.

But Mika talks about eating fishtails and taking driving lessons and for some reason people think this is a fantastic opportunity to tell him that some third party ticketing agent has not emailed them.

You're right he should not respond to people on Twitter but I guess he thinks it will stop their complaints if he addresses it. :dunno: Unfortunately it is just positive reinforcement and ensures that people keep doing it.

:roftl:

Nothing I reply to him is interesting so I'm giving up on doing it :naughty:

Edited by Neiobi

So true. :teehee:

There must have been just a couple of tweets about the over-18-only gig. :naughty:

Oh! Lucky guy! After all he can't have heard any of that before. :teehee:

...It's like someone saying to another person "God, I'm so fat.":naughty: It's pointless!

Hardly- the very clear point is to get the other person to say "no, you're not!"

:roftl:

Nothing I reply to him is interesting so I'm giving up on doing it :naughty:

No- while I'm not guilty of moaning or anything else on Kata's list, I sort of realised that reading "sounds like fun" over and over was as likely to drive Mika mental as anything else, so gave up on even that.

There must have been just a couple of tweets about the over-18-only gig. :naughty:

Oh yeah... But I can't blame them. It is unfair... Though also unecessary to go and complain about it to him!:aah:

Oh yeah... But I can't blame them. It is unfair... Though also unecessary to go and complain about it to him!:aah:

Especially if you tweet him a thousand times before an acoustic tour. :roftl:

M logs in on Twitter: :shocked::shocked: WTF :aah::hair:

Blimey!!! better than OK magazine eh? :naughty:

No- while I'm not guilty of moaning or anything else on Kata's list, I sort of realised that reading "sounds like fun" over and over was as likely to drive Mika mental as anything else, so gave up on even that.

Maybe this doesn't apply to you at all but what you said made me wonder why it is that some people want to meet Mika so badly but can't even come up with 140 characters worth of something to say to him?

Maybe Twitter is a bit too public for some but it's not like everyone won't be eavesdropping on and even recording and broadcasting your face to face conversations with Mika anyway.

That's not a rhetorical question by the way or a criticism. I've got nothing of any importance to say to Mika either but I've never been particularly eager to meet him for that reason.