MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Isn't he?? Tall, slim (just like the others lol), slightly wavy hair and loved the glasses. He's such a cutie. The entire family are stunners, really.

:wub2: Sorry, I have a crush on him:roftl:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwww .. same back to you!!

Pleased you could understand me ! , yeh front row going mentalllllll

Did you buy what you needed at the stall btw?

Yeah I got my limited edition poster, number 21 out of 100!

By the way you know when I asked you about the codes and you had no idea? I asked Andy and he told me. It's about 3 pages back? In part 2 or 3 of my report.

:wub2: Sorry, I have a crush on him:roftl:

Lol don't blame ya :roftl:

Was amazing meeting you Mr. Fred! Yeah I saw you partying in the front row going for it!! Lol!! You have a great accent by the way!

Thanks for the review Caz it really made me cry (in a happy way Lol)

And finally you met M. :biggrin2:

Btw who is going to Bestival ? :naughty:

Also remembered something. Mika commented on the stage design and said it all looked like chewing gum wrappers. Everyone laughed....Mika gave a nervous laugh and said "I shouldn't have said that...." crowd laughed even more, then he said "sing, you f***ing idiot, sing." :roftl: :roftl:

Bless him. :fangurl:

:roftl: That really made me laugh!

It was Vickys idea, we couldn't go through with the original question, we decided it wasn't appropriate:naughty:

You know, now I am really curious about what the original question actually was...

Lol don't blame ya :roftl:

Worst part is that the only time I've seen him he was very far away at the side of the stage in Amsterdam last year and on pictures...damn:roftl:

Btw who is going to Bestival ? :naughty:

I want tooo....but I can't...but I want toooo...but I shouldn't:shocked:

Tee hee - you didn't get my forum name right either... but don't worry - people are always confusing Blue Sky and myself :huglove: Hubby is 'Jesterkevin' and it was great to meet you - thanks for your report.

Big thanks for everyone else's reports / vids / pics - it's always interesting to hear different viewpoints and peoples experiences, wish we could re-live it all... sigh :wub2:

Whoops, sorry about that :blush-anim-cl:

Lovely to meet you Blue Eyes and Jesterkevin (glad he cleared up what happened about the signing with Daz etc)!

Forgot to say on my report, atmosphere was fantastic - even up there in the 2nd circle. It took a while for people to get up, but when they did they stayed dancing !

Thankyou Mika you put on a show to remember ! :wub2:

Haven't had chance yet to read through the thread, I will do so today at my leisure, looking forward to hearing everyone's stories and thoughts on an AMAZING night.

I'm keeping this short as a) my brain won't work today for various reasons and b) there are more than enough reports already, I am sure!

Well basically, this was my first gig with a LOT of MFC present and the first time I have ever properly met people, apart from a couple of exceptions. I cannot express in words how surreal, freaky, weird, great etc etc it is to walk into a foyer and instantly recognize people who I don't know in real life...I am still reeling from that even now!!

Ewokwicket and I arrived at Sadler's Wells at about seven, a little late, and after giving an understandably rather anxious Liliana and her boyfriend their tickets (sorry guys!), we grabbed a quick drink in the Harlequin (surprisingly very quiet) and then joined the rest of the throng in the foyer. It was here that I had the strange experience of instantly recognizing loads of MFC, some of whom I said hello to (CazGirl, Freddie, Christine, Sariflor, Mana, Mikafish, babspanky come to mind, and Daisylou who I had already met earlier in the day) and many many others that I didn't but wished I had now, but to be honest the whole experience was kind of overwhelming for a fairly shy person like myself so actually I think I did quite well to say hi to just those people! You are all exactly as I imagined, except that CazGirl is much tinier and Freddie much taller than I had envisaged! I signed the MFC flag at long last too.

When I went into the auditorium I couldn't believe how intimate it felt and how close we were to the stage, even in the fourth row I was so close, and dead centre, and it was nice to see the three rows in front of me packed with so many MFC. There was such an amazing vibe in that room (room? whatever :naughty:).

The Blue Roses girls were very sweet, the music was pleasant if a bit samey and the singer had a nice voice and was very charming through all her unfortunate sound problems. During the interval I managed to say hi to Tia and her daughter, which was nice, and stood around in the foyer with a ridiculously overpriced miniscule plastic cup of wine :sneaky2:. Was told Brian May was there but unfortunately didn't see him!

Mika..well what can I say that hasn't already been said (I suspect)..loved every second of it, even Lonely Alcoholic and Over My Shoulder which aren't usually my faves, he looked amazing, sounded really good on the whole (though I still think he struggles a bit on OMS :naughty:) and was as charming and accomplished as ever....he just radiates energy and charisma, it's an incredible thing to watch really. :wub2: Loved the pink jacket and the shoes! At first I couldn't for some reason take my eyes off the oldish chap on the left of the string section, who was sitting there with a bemused look on his face as if to say, "WTF am I doing here with this silly sparkly thing on my head?"....hehehe for some reason that just tickled me. Couldn't say which was my favourite part, just impossible to pick anything out, and the whole thing was over way way too fast.

We stood patiently in the long line outside afterwards, but right at the back, I knew there was very little chance of getting to speak to Mika but I wasn't particularly bothered. However I witnessed Daisylou hand over part of the yearbook (?) and as always Mika was charming and patient. I did feel he was being crowded a little at times and to be honest I didn't like that, but it wasn't too bad.

Returned to South Kensington hotel and sat with Daisylou, Ewokwicket and Mikafish setting the world to rights for a couple of hours before crawling into bed and lying there not sleeping through excitement, dehydration etc until the birdies started tweeting :aah: and then dreamt weird Mika-based dreams once I finally went to sleep!

Could say loads more but won't...it was a really great night, loved every second. :thumb_yello:

Rach

x

You are all exactly as I imagined, except that CazGirl is much tinier and Freddie much taller than I had envisaged! I signed the MFC flag at long last too.

You're not the only one who said that LOL! Fred was also surprised at my height!

You're not the only one who said that LOL! Fred was also surprised at my height!

:naughty:

Yes it surprised me too, even though I knew you were small because you have said so on here...but I still imagined you taller, and I have NO idea why :dunno: Perhaps it is because you have a 'big' personality...?? ( I mean that in a nice way btw :naughty:)

Mika was in a hurry, I couldn't say hi or anything. I felt really dissapointed and decided that if "Meet and greets (you can hardly call them that)" are going to continue to be like this I will leave straight after the gig to maintain my happy mood.

Or…...you could stay and talk to us, your friends at the MFC?:wink2:

I know what you mean Monie, there are so many people waiting for him, we must look like a sea of faces, but you can really see him lit up when there is someone he recognizes!

I'm honoured :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

And I am sooooo happy for you that you finally got to meet the man himself!:wub2:

So what do you say:wink2:...did he correspond to your expectations?

:naughty:

Yes it surprised me too, even though I knew you were small because you have said so on here...but I still imagined you taller, and I have NO idea why :dunno: Perhaps it is because you have a 'big' personality...?? ( I mean that in a nice way btw :naughty:)

Ahahahaha!! That's cute :naughty::wub2:

And I am sooooo happy for you that you finally got to meet the man himself!:wub2:

So what do you say:wink2:...did he correspond to your expectations?

Oh of course I met you too didn't I!!! I met so many people it's all a surreal blur. Hello again!! :huglove:

I've written a report in here, but if you wanna read it in one big chunk it's also on my Facebook and MySpace. Every detail is there!

I wish I could have showed him this but it took too long for the photo to show :( he was gone by then. Next time i´m taking it with me for him to sign

4715_93899025963_563840963_2328883_8373500_n.jpg

Cuteness!! :wub2:

I also had my LiCM cover in my bag because I've always wanted him to sign it, but I didn't really have the time and didn't want to keep him too long.

it's a little card they give you, i've got it apart with the poster, and prob should be in the cd pocket (haven't bought another book NO! i'll wait my mailed one! :sneaky2:)

it's a separate little card saying that with the purchase you've got 2000 points.

Got my other EP today and nope! so started a thread on Sounds see if anyonelse got one at SW or preorder without...I personally think must be the first few altho I dunno..I know nothing! :roftl: no worries would just be good to know that is all.

Did the official announcement happen on the 8th? ...altho he might need to cross t's and dot i's before that happens?....and think he was he was kinda busy that day! :wink2:

xxx

MFC VIBE!!! :wub2:

Err... it was me! :naughty: And my daughter on my right.

It wasn't a huge bag but an old lady's walking stick! You know the lady who was hysterically dancing and singing! People told me it was Mika's grandmother! :teehee:

OMFG!!! You saved me from axiedentally falling on Mika's grandmother!!! :roftl:

Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

I thought I saw her later, standing with his family, but wasn't sure if it was her. OMG, that's a one cool grandmother! :mf_lustslow:

And she was screaming 'MORE!!'???? AWESOME!! :roftl:

i´m glad i didnt ask our poor Mika to sign anything for me. i could see it in his face he was forcing so many smiles and laughs, i stared at him for a good while and I just felt sorry and a bit guilty for even being there at the meet and greet. He was a really good sport about it, though.

As far as I'm aware none of us knew!

We were just told there would be a special announcement, didn't know it was for tickets. First I knew was getting a text when I woke up on the thursday morning, then I rushed out to my friends, for him to get my ticket. So we were all in the same boat.

Not quite the same boat as me :naughty:

I didn't get a text, found out what the announcement is around noon, when it was uhm, announced :wink2:

Just been researching Mikas favourite cheese and found this.

http://www.practicallyedible.com/edible.nsf/pages/etorkicheese

Great work Rose!!

:roftl:

Exactly!

I feel that but I'm not on any vid or pic so far! It's just... I knew I was going to this, but I think I never took it seriously enough and believed that I was going to the UK just for a Mika gig.

It must sound silly for most of you but I think it was all so overwhelming that I'm a bit in a state of schock, happyness, lots of crying...:roftl:

You'll have so many good memories Carlotta!

I hope you can enjoy and relive it many times, p.s your mum is cool too, great you could come:wub2:

Thank you, dear Rosie, just heard you at the video, you were funny...

what's your fav cheese?

what's my fav tune?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

The questions was fermented over our lunch!!!

So glad you got it asked Rose but i should have been next to you at that point ....i was somehwere as usual behind the crowds!!

It was a great night and Mika was his usual lovely self. I don't think i have too much more to add to the already very detailed reports ...

maybe:

Andy was pretty chatty to us in the lobby area and did say he had just sent an 8 page special to The Observer newspaper about the last few gigs and to watch out for it!:Update: Observer usually do a monthly special on music i think so should be next few days?? maybe weekend.....

not sure if this has been mentioned.

Marianne your doll was fab and i look forward to reading the reports.... so glad he loved it :wub2:

The night was all in all very civilised i think, Mika was very happy!:biggrin2:

MY EP has just arrived at the door!!!

Off to listen ...

Lovely meeting old MFC friends and meeting some for the first time....

seating is Def WAY TO GO!!!!

It was so nice being able to lunch, pee and move without fear of a loss of view...... especially for us over 30's!!

Finally for me it was xtra special as i thought i could maybe not go with my hubby not well, however i was do determined to enjoy every minute, and really did, even my journey on the bus, tube, train.... life is to be enjoyed .... won't last forever

Edited by vickylovesmika