MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! :original:

No problem, but do you mind to put my name under the photo? Just because I saw there is a reference to the BBC picture and people's reviews and I think it would be better for people to know who took the picture! Thanks!:thumb_yello:

Done! And a link to your photos page too.

If anyone is feeling enthusiastic and can go back and get me all the links to the reports for each different member, then I will post them onto the front page too. RL calls, I can't be back till later.

I went to London with my support worker Hayliey for 2 days went sadler wells theatre early at 3pm and sat outside pub for colas and then went in cafe in sadler wells Mikas mum was in cafe I asked her was she mikas mum said yes she was with this other lady looked like she works for theatre I went all shy sat down next hayliey mika mum lovely looked over smilied at me few times and loved the show it brillant only thing was seat springed up I fell on my bum support worker laughed cos I had put hand on this older lads leg get up again he was kind about it laughed he kept eyeing me up even before mika came on stage hope mika not see been even more embarressed and Haylie and me met Mika after show shoke my hand and signed my poster gave him presents in red gift bag I got nervious more than in 07 when met him but he lovely looked at me lovely eyes forgot how tall he is wow he is tall I only 5ft 1 his hands much bigger than mine I moved away from crowd as got abit stressed waited til mika in car before it turned corner bit mika waved at me I was over the moon I flapped my hands in excitement hope Mika has more tours like this one and maybe come to Liverpool or manchester next time but it was great going to London went shopping next day in oxford street loved the big toystore with man top hat blowing bubbles I kept chasing them burst them support worker toke photos of london and things want go london again Catherine

I went to London with my support worker Hayliey for 2 days went sadler wells theatre early at 3pm and sat outside pub for colas and then went in cafe in sadler wells Mikas mum was in cafe I asked her was she mikas mum said yes she was with this other lady looked like she works for theatre I went all shy sat down next hayliey mika mum lovely looked over smilied at me few times and loved the show it brillant only thing was seat springed up I fell on my bum support worker laughed cos I had put hand on this older lads leg get up again he was kind about it laughed he kept eyeing me up even before mika came on stage hope mika not see been even more embarressed and Haylie and me met Mika after show shoke my hand and signed my poster gave him presents in red gift bag I got nervious more than in 07 when met him but he lovely looked at me lovely eyes forgot how tall he is wow he is tall I only 5ft 1 his hands much bigger than mine I moved away from crowd as got abit stressed waited til mika in car before it turned corner bit mika waved at me I was over the moon I flapped my hands in excitement hope Mika has more tours like this one and maybe come to Liverpool or manchester next time but it was great going to London went shopping next day in oxford street loved the big toystore with man top hat blowing bubbles I kept chasing them burst them support worker toke photos of london and things want go london again Catherine

i'm glad you had a good time catherine. was this your 2nd concert? everybody says mika's mom has a kind smile :wink2:

After reading the whole thread i wonder why he was in such a hurry this time in london as he seems to have taken longer at M&G in other countries..

Someone mentioned an after party, does anyone get to know whether it was a private one or even maybe some of the non mfcrs managed to go?

Part 1: Pre-gig(A bit of a dull and irrelevant report.And it's a bit of a more personal description.)

Wow... So much has happened in these past few days.

The day I left Lisbon I was just so excited and couldn't wait to get there. But in a way, I believed that it was all some dream and this wasn't going to happen at all so I always had one side of me that was looking forward to the evening but another part that wasn't because it thought it wasn't going to happen.

----

As soon as I got to London, I texted Silver to know where the oldlings and more MFCers were. She said they were at a restaurant called "Worship" and so I told my mom that I'd like to meet up with them. As I was entering the travelodge's door I saw three women waving at me and yelling "Carlota!" And I recognized every single one even though I didn't know their faces. It was Monie, Silver and Shady. I just hugged them all and couldn't believe I was meeting them. I don't know, it's something strange... It's like I never thought MFCers were people that you could just meet easily... xD

So we checked in, I dressed up, and went to the restaurant afterwards. I entered and everyone greeted me. There was Kath, Abby, Laurel, Rose, Jemma and Vicky. Was a good start to meet so many people together. Mostly lovely oldlings. We had a funny chat on how it was surreal to meet them and I think it was Rose(Pls correct me if I’m wrong) that said “Yeah, we’re real people afterall!”:lmfao: That made me laugh out loud. I was still a bit shocked and shy so didn't talk much. We were chatting for a while there, and then they headed off to get changed etc. My mom and I waited at the reception for a while in that time I met lilibet, Anzuzu and Marianne84. We talked quite shortly but it was nice! And my conversation with Marianne84 was so weird because I was still in shock xD Also met Robertina, Dani56 and some other Italians I think.

Then they all came down. My mom went walking and I took the tube with Abby, Kath, Jemma and Monie I think.

---

When I got to Sadlers Wells, there was already plenty of people. I saw Liliana and her boyfriend first there, waiting for their tickets. Later on most people started approaching me and saying hi and as I told most of them it was all quite weird for me because I’d just have to go like : “Ermmm who are you?” when they said hi Carlota or Neiobi xD Then I started doing the same, coming up to people I recognized and saying hi… I met Freddie (Who looked so insane to me,with the all the beers and wich accent is so so funny :lmfao: ), Cazzie, who is so nice and chatted with her for a bit (Loved it hun :D) , Daisylou and Mikafish, and so many other people like Blue Eyes and her hubby, CazGirl before entering the foyer, Tauruslady and Shaza! (We ran into each other a lot, you’re both so nice!) Mana, Christine, Babs (I loved how you approached me, I was a bit scared!:lmfao: Was lovely to see you aren’t as grumpy as I thought! :P) Also met Danika, who I said that was tall and sorry if you didn’t like me saying that but you are xD, met Sienna, Kata(thanks for the tickets), Olga, Elina(Humphrey), Sam(with the long usertitle haha),Nikjass, Sara who I just had a short talk with, Dcbeb, Charlotte and her mom and I think that’s about it. Oh and I was introduced to Andy by Vicky. He doesn’t look that Fluffy xD

(Btw thanks Vicky for looking out for me whenever I was alone. Really appreciate it… It all got a bit too overwhelming for me sometimes.)

Sorry if I forgot anyone and please tell me if I did :D

---

So, we were there and the doors to the room opened a bit later than expected. I went and sat down with my mom on row two, at the right side. No one checked our tickets either! The stage had silver confetti that looked golden with the light reflecting on it. The support act gear were already on stage. I saw Freddie putting the crocodile in front of him and the kangaroo right on stage and with a fishing hat on. xD

After a while, the support act came on….

Part 2 to be continued.(Tomorrow that is.)

Edited by Neiobi

i'm glad you had a good time catherine. was this your 2nd concert? everybody says mika's mom has a kind smile :wink2:

Yes my second time seeing mika show went with my support worker stayed in royal scot hotel I got abit nervious meeting mika but he lovely had big smile saw me cos I had black cat ears hair band on gave him presents hope he liked my lego bracelet I made for him he waved at me in car as man drove off even support worker saw it he had big smile I was standing abit away from crowd after spoke and signed poster near taffic lights waited wave him off was made up he waved back with big smile also put 2 pictures of me in gift bag with other presents with my name and address and twitter name we saw andy camera man before show started he funny laughed I said reason why show started late was cos mika having a bath andy laughed I was sad see mickey not there he lovely and funny

Yes my second time seeing mika show went with my support worker stayed in royal scot hotel I got abit nervious meeting mika but he lovely had big smile saw me cos I had black cat ears hair band on gave him presents hope he liked my lego bracelet I made for him he waved at me in car as man drove off even support worker saw it he had big smile I was standing abit away from crowd after spoke and signed poster near taffic lights waited wave him off was made up he waved back with big smile also put 2 pictures of me in gift bag with other presents with my name and address and twitter name we saw andy camera man before show started he funny laughed I said reason why show started late was cos mika having a bath andy laughed I was sad see mickey not there he lovely and funny

how did you like the new band members?

Part 1: Pre-gig(A bit of a dull and irrelevant report.And it's a bit of a more personal description.)

You should edit that bit out. It was NOT dull and irrelevant, I LOVED reading your report and look forward to Part 2!!!:wub2:

Funny girl:aah:

Hi Punky :bye: I'm glad you had a great time and got to see Mika :huglove:

After reading the whole thread i wonder why he was in such a hurry this time in london as he seems to have taken longer at M&G in other countries..

Someone mentioned an after party, does anyone get to know whether it was a private one or even maybe some of the non mfcrs managed to go?

He's always in rush after gigs in London! I don't really know why. Guess he wants to escape home quickly. I saw Andy giving weird papers to some people. Maybe they were backstage passes.

The day I left Lisbon I was just so excited and couldn't wait to get there. But in a way, I believed that it was all some dream and this wasn't going to happen at all so I always had one side of me that was looking forward to the evening but another part that wasn't because it thought it wasn't going to happen.

----

As soon as I got to London, I texted Silver to know where the oldlings and more MFCers were. She said they were at a restaurant called "Worship" and so I told my mom that I'd like to meet up with them. As I was entering the travelodge's door I saw three women waving at me and yelling "Carlota!" And I recognized every single one even though I didn't know their faces. It was Monie, Silver and Shady. I just hugged them all and couldn't believe I was meeting them. I don't know, it's something strange... It's like I never thought MFCers were people that you could just meet easily... xD

So we checked in, I dressed up, and went to the restaurant afterwards. I entered and everyone greeted me. There was Kath, Abby, Laurel, Rose, Jemma and Vicky. Was a good start to meet so many people together. Mostly lovely oldlings. We had a funny chat on how it was surreal to meet them and I think it was Rose(Pls correct me if I’m wrong) that said “Yeah, we’re real people afterall!”:lmfao: That made me laugh out loud. I was still a bit shocked and shy so didn't talk much. We were chatting for a while there, and then they headed off to get changed etc. My mom and I waited at the reception for a while in that time I met lilibet, Anzuzu and Marianne84. We talked quite shortly but it was nice! And my conversation with Marianne84 was so weird because I was still in shock xD Also met Robertina, Dani56 and some other Italians I think.

Then they all came down. My mom went walking and I took the tube with Abby, Kath, Jemma and Monie I think.

---

When I got to Sadlers Wells, there was already plenty of people. I saw Liliana and her boyfriend first there, waiting for their tickets. Later on most people started approaching me and saying hi and as I told most of them it was all quite weird for me because I’d just have to go like : “Ermmm who are you?” when they said hi Carlota or Neiobi xD Then I started doing the same, coming up to people I recognized and saying hi… I met Freddie (Who looked so insane to me,with the all the beers and wich accent is so so funny :lmfao ), Cazzie, who is so nice and chatted with her for a bit (Loved it hun :D) , Daisylou and Mikafish, and so many other people like Blue Eyes and her hubby, CazGirl before entering the foyer, Tauruslady and Shaza! (We ran into each other a lot, you’re both so nice!) Mana, Christine, Babs (I loved how you approached me, I was a bit scared!:lmfao: Was lovely to see you aren’t as grumpy as I thought! :P) Also met Danika, who I said that was tall and sorry if you didn’t like me saying that but you are xD, met Sienna, Kata(thanks for the tickets), Olga, Elina(Humphrey), Sam(with the long usertitle haha),Nikjass, Sara who I just had a short talk with, Dcbeb, Charlotte and her mom and I think that’s about it. Oh and I was introduced to Andy by Vicky. He doesn’t look that Fluffy xD

(Btw thanks Vicky for looking out for me whenever I was alone. Really appreciate it… It all got a bit too overwhelming for me sometimes.)

---

So, we were there and the doors to the room opened a bit later than expected. I went and sat down with my mom on row two, at the right side. No one checked our tickets either! The stage had silver confetti that looked golden with the light reflecting on it. The support act gear were already on stage. I saw Freddie putting the crocodile in front of him and the kangaroo right on stage and with a fishing hat on. xD

:sneaky2: You met me too :sad: am i so forgettable? :tears:

Thank you loads everyone for reports/pics/vids!!!:wub2:

Liliana yr pics are awesome!!

Sara vids updated, thanks for that.

And I commented on YT, but your Relax footage has to be the best ever!! :fangurl: We can live it all just as you did!! Aurelien going for the piano, and the view of the crowd...

Sara yr Relax vid is a dream!!

Thanks everyone for your great reports, pics and vids :thumb_yello:

Carlota, I'm looking forward to part 2 of your report. I wish I could have met you during this tour :wub2:

Liliana, wonderful pictures!!!! :shocked: Thanks for posting!

Marianne, mini-Mika sounds so fascinating!! Mika must have been amazed when you gave it :thumb_yello: I hope we will meet in future. I met Anzuzu briefly in Berlin, it's so nice to met other Finnish fans.

Finaaaaaaaaaaaally, here is the full list of my vids for the night, so, Blue Sky, if you're so kind... :roftl:

I cut Lollipop short because I thought that we were going to go on stage and wanted to be prepared, but then it never happened, so when it happened during Relax I wasn't expecting it.

During Relax I carried on filming throughout the 'being pulled and offloaded onto stage by Aurelien' part, so you can imagine how chaotic the film is, and from then onwards it doesn't get much better once we're on stage, but it's fun. It really is the night as I lived it, and quite literally too :naughty:.

Sara! :fangurl:....god bless you! :wub2::wub2::wub2:...thanks a lot! :flowers2:

Marianne, mini-Mika sounds so fascinating!! Mika must have been amazed when you gave it :thumb_yello: I hope we will meet in future. I met Anzuzu briefly in Berlin, it's so nice to met other Finnish fans.

Aww, thank you! Yep, he was actually in shock at first and he immediately took a better look at it and asked me how I had made the doll. When I explained he got this huge smile on his face... It was incredible. :blush-anim-cl: My best meeting with him, even though so short. I looked liked this the whole time --> :biggrin2:

:wub2:

Hope to meet you too!

Also I know everyone said Mika looked pissed off about that grab/hug, but in the footage he doesn't actually look quite that way, it was just a split second thing, but I know that is how WE feel when we see it:sneaky2:...pissed off, that someone intruded on his personal space when most of us would never do that. But his quick exit from the stage may have been indicative of his true feelings...he may have realised he was gonna get mobbed if he actually finished on stage with that huge crowd!!!:boxed:

I didn't think he looked that pissed off either, he was even talking and singing into his microphone even when he went offstage

AHA!! I knew it was you!!:biggrin2:

:biggrin2: awww Thanks BS.... At the time I thought that was it, nothing to remember this by when my camera went.. how wrong was I?:blush-anim-cl: thanks also for recognising me dear...

----

So we checked in, I dressed up, and went to the restaurant afterwards. I entered and everyone greeted me. There was Kath, Abby, Laurel, Rose, Jemma and Vicky. Was a good start to meet so many people together. Mostly lovely oldlings. We had a funny chat on how it was surreal to meet them and I think it was Rose(Pls correct me if I’m wrong) that said “Yeah, we’re real people afterall!” That made me laugh out loud. I was still a bit shocked and shy so didn't talk much. We were chatting for a while there, and then they headed off to get changed etc. My mom and I waited at the reception for a while in that time I met lilibet, Anzuzu and Marianne84. We talked quite shortly but it was nice! And my conversation with Marianne84 was so weird because I was still in shock xD Also met Robertina, Dani56 and some other Italians I think.

---

When I got to Sadlers Wells, there was already plenty of people. I saw Liliana and her boyfriend first there, waiting for their tickets. Later on most people started approaching me and saying hi and as I told most of them it was all quite weird for me because I’d just have to go like : “Ermmm who are you?” when they said hi Carlota or Neiobi xD Then I started doing the same, coming up to people I recognized and saying hi… I met Freddie (Who looked so insane to me,with the all the beers and wich accent is so so funny ), Cazzie, who is so nice and chatted with her for a bit (Loved it hun :D) , Daisylou and Mikafish, and so many other people like Blue Eyes and her hubby, CazGirl before entering the foyer, Tauruslady and Shaza! (We ran into each other a lot, you’re both so nice!) Mana, Christine, Babs (I loved how you approached me, I was a bit scared!:lmfao: Was lovely to see you aren’t as grumpy as I thought! :P) Also met Danika, who I said that was tall and sorry if you didn’t like me saying that but you are xD, met Sienna, Kata(thanks for the tickets), Olga, Elina(Humphrey), Sam(with the long usertitle haha),Nikjass, Sara who I just had a short talk with, Dcbeb, Charlotte and her mom and I think that’s about it. Oh and I was introduced to Andy by Vicky. He doesn’t look that Fluffy xD

---

Not dull at all...:thumb_yello:

Hi Punky :bye: I was stood behind you in the queue (with the pink flower in my hair). I remember how excited you were to meet him and that you had a lovely giggle. I'm glad he gave you a nice smile.

It was nice to meet you.

Have I told you that you have talent to this, Lils? :naughty:

You should think of becoming a professional photographer! :mf_rosetinted:

I agree; Lil, those pics are wonderful! You really should do it professionally!!!!