MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Part 2- Gig (Yadda yadda description of the whole thing)

I’ll describe everything in order because there’s no other way to do it for me.

So these two lovely girls came on stage. Their songs were quite nice, and one of them had a beautiful voice. Ocasionally a guy would join in to do the drums. I enjoyed their performance, even with some technical glitches now and then. Their music sounded mostly all the same but it had some interesting instruments on it, like the xylophone and a weird one that one of them was holing on her lap, plucking the strings, it was called a Kalimba(thanks Biekje). Kinda made me remember of the celeste. They finished their act, and we waited a while for Mika to come. In the interval, I met Soaring Simpson, and CharlotteChristy told me Brian May was at the foyer. I saw Cazzie and Freddie going there, and in a way I wanted to meet the man, but I didn’t want to get on his business. xD So I just sat there, waiting impatiently while some guys removed Blue Rose’s gears from the stage. Popular songs played on the columns as we waited, including even Elvis Presley I think! Anyway, I’ll go straight to the more interesting part. The curtain that separated the tiny bit of the stage from the rest where I thought Mika’s set would be lift up a bit and it was put down again.

---

It was so exciting to have that glimpse of the actual stage! I could see the grand piano and glitter allover it, aswell as Cherisse’s drums. Once in a while, people would start clapping and then they’d stop. Some would yell his name, others would just scream. When the music start, everyone went loco. They got the first thick curtain up, and only a net was covering all of the people on stage. You could see the shapes of Mika, the orchestra, and Cherisse. Couldn’t see Martin or Dan because the piano was covering them xD He started to play the first chords of Grace Kelly and the whole crowd started to cheer. It all felt so surreal for me! He was right there, sitting on the piano, playing the songs that I’ve been adoring for so many time now…

Cherisse was looking absolutely beautiful as always, Eda(don’t know how to spell her name xD) was looking pretty good too, and she had a really good presence, Alexander was someone quite interesting to watch, clapping, stomping his foot… But he never smiled! The orchestra didn’t play at Grace Kelly.They looked great with those pointy hats. It was a good start off point, to energize the crowd. Everyone was clapping and singing/yelling/whispering the lyrics. He made funny stops and we’d all be surprised.

Next was Lady Jane. It’s so so beautiful live. I always liked it so had no reason of complaints. The violins and cellos sounded amazing following the song, and Eda and Alexander’s vocals along with the guitars made it even more stunning. Listening to his voice in total silence was just mind blowing to me. And the feeling he’d put into singing it… Wow. The microphone would have some problems now and then, but it finally got fixed. When the choir comes in, it actually feels like you’re just down there below the water, at least to me. I must be the only one who loves this song that much xD

Stuck In The Middle came on. He first did some jazzy chords in the piano so I didn’t really recognize it at first. It was a great song to perform live, as always. To me he’s almost spanking the piano in that song. I looked around me and everyone was seating. I couldn’t believe that! I did stand up now and then but as I saw no reaction around me I would limit myself to sit again:naughty: Was a bit frustrated by not getting any eye contact, but I wasn’t expecting any!He’d turn his head around to the right side sometimes, but never staying there. The band made a bit of funny noises with the zubababa dabadubaba etc and we always repeated that part as usual. It’s a great song for interaction with the crowd.

Moving on… He then said the next song was from the new EP and… It was called “Lonely Alcoholic”. Everyone was quite pleased to know he did it! It’s a song that I think isn’t really that good, but it did sound better with a arrangement with the orchestra and the guitars. I’d like him to play the song on the piano for once though:aah: He sang it with feeling as always, but it sometimes felt like the song itself was a funny shout out. Blue Eyes came afterwards, it’s such a great song to feel relaxed and happy. Everyone was clapping and most were singing along wich was really really nice to hear.He made a tiny mistake at the piano and giggled… That was adorable :fangurl: Toy Boy followed. A huge wodden Toy Boy ascended the stage, and all these funny random intriguing noises were played while he started to play the celeste. He messed up the first part of the intro, then carried on. The violins would occasionally pop in doing a creaky sound. His expressions while singing this song.. It’s priceless. The orchestra would fully play in some verses and make the song sound even more amazing. I love how he picked his clothes on the “clothes are made of rags and they don’t even match” part. He played that Mozart song in the end but everyone started clapping so you couldn’t hear it fully. Toy Boy is one of the best songs to be performed live. I think it just has so many feeling onto it and a twisted sense of humour that makes it memorable to be seen performed. He said that certain Toy Boy belong to one of his friends called Billy, and I see everyone saw what was coming. Oh good old Billy Brown! Everyone was waving their hands around and clapping… Love the story teller he becomes while singing it and introduces his kind of view onto the background he created. You could see the band was all in such connection with each other and you could see each one of them was having fun and in sintony. Good Gone Girl sounded like a different song at first, a bit gloomy. I think it’s a good song, but don’t like how the lyrics are all a bit rushed. It will be a hit though! It was another song that got everyone fired up, and Cherisse’s drumming contributed a lot to it. Dan is a very good singer aswell  Over My Shoulder followed… God that song has so much feeling put onto it and sadness and it’s amazingly beautiful to me. When Alexander’s voice came in, it was just so overwhelming for my ears to hear that. It was like a beautiful cry, I dunno… That man has a unique voice. My mom was surprised to hear it coming out from him! You could see sweatdrops falling from Mika’s head, and to hear him sing that song and as I mentioned a lot with the violings make it even better… You can notice even more the mind blowing voice he has. I’m not saying he’s god or anything to make each song perfect, but damn this is so good. The song actually sounded sadder and more melancholic with lower keys being played by him. I was almost crying when Alexander’s voice was connected with Mika’s and a violin was following them aswell as the piano… I feel so grateful for him playing this song again, I’ve never heard it live. It was a lovely gesture of the front row to throw roses and flowers onto the stage. What did put me off a bit was that Big Girl, such a bouncy song came afterwards that. It’s just jumping to another world all of a sudden and not be able to appreciate the other one for a bit more. But it was nice aswell. Silver confetti started coming off of those tube things at the sides of the stage, and I even thought it was Lollipop already! Mika held a umbrella and with some members they simulated a snow/rain/confetti storm, wich was quite good and funny! I loved the dance that him and Dan made. What can I say about this song… I just got on my feet and jumped all the way trough it, I love to hear it live. He was quite playful on stage, sitting on the piano, then a bit after he played the piano in the place of Alexander… It’s just the usual crazyness. Really really great for interaction between him and the crowd. I could see one of the violinists clapping and singing along. Freddie was mad, picking up the confetti and throwing it on the air:roftl

Another great song came after. Love Today. Everyone was singing it, yelling, clapping, dancing… I was about to get on my seat when I heard the first notes on the piano. Absolutely gave up on being still because it’s just impossible! He finally came to my side and was jumping around like usual gigs.. I thought that part would never come! One of the violinists, an older man, seating on the right was always looking puzzled by what was happening around him:aah

He made a joke about the amount of confetti on stage, saying he had to have a lot of chewing gum to have that there. A beautiful creation by Es Devlin. Dunno what he said afterwards but he said “Shouldn’t have said that.” Made a pause and then he was giggling and saying “Sing, you f*cking idiot, sing…” I love how he insults himself :naughty:

He started playing it on the piano and you could see the look on his face when he noticed everyone knew the clapping part. It’s a really good song, I dunno why, it has that Mario soundtrack like feeling to me. It always sounds like he’s telling a story when he does it. The backing of Dan and Martin make it sound even better. Loved singing the chorus over and over and over:bleh: I like how he makes the fans sing and feel so into the music.

You noticed it too :biggrin2: It was a quote from the "Magic Flute" :thumb_yello:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm reading! go on missy moo! :huglove:

Hehe next part is coming soon:bleh:

You noticed it too :biggrin2: It was a quote from the "Magic Flute" :thumb_yello:

Yep hehe:biggrin2: I couldn't hear it all because people started to clap at the middle of it:teehee:

Hehe next part is coming soon:bleh:

Yep hehe:biggrin2: I couldn't hear it all because people started to clap at the middle of it:teehee:

I know - it was frustrating - but you can hear it on one of the vids more clearly - and i think he did an even longer quote on last night's Paris show :thumb_yello:

I know - it was frustrating - but you can hear it on one of the vids more clearly - and i think he did an even longer quote on last night's Paris show :thumb_yello:

Yeah I heard it, it sounded quite nice:teehee:

Jemmalee!

002.jpg

Sarahlou and Cazgirl!

003.jpg

Vixenbow and Jo!...lovely girls!

005.jpg

Freddie Cazzie and Croc!

004.jpg

Ewokwicket and Gata...the woman behind's expression! :roftl:

023.jpg

Marie-Therese Rougement..Who is NOT Id3's Mother!!!

024.jpg

Holy guacamole, Daisy! Talk about EXTREME close-ups! :roftl:

I was just about to say thank goodness I escaped your camera,

when BOOM! there I was in all my super magnified,

technicolor glory! Nice photo of

Rose and the others though, but I wish we could have them a bit

smaller so they didn't distort the page. Any chance you can resize

them a little bit?

In any case, thanks for posting! Hope you have some of Mika that

as just as lovely! :thumb_yello:

Holy guacamole, Daisy! Talk about EXTREME close-ups! :roftl:

I was just about to say thank goodness I escaped your camera,

when BOOM! there I was in all my super magnified,

technicolor glory! Nice photo of

Rose and the others though, but I wish we could have them a bit

smaller so they didn't distort the page. Any chance you can resize

them a little bit?

In any case, thanks for posting! Hope you have some of Mika that

as just as lovely! :thumb_yello:

Yeah, a little smaller would be nice. And the red eye is a touch scary!

Part 3- Post-gig

Meh my reports keep getting more irrelevant to this thread xD

So I saw a loot of people on the queue right outside the artist’s exit. I thought no one would be there, that most people just limited to go home, but no! I ended up right on the end of the line and was a bit disappointed about it. Thought that the people at the front would misbehave so he’d just give up and not go to the part where me, my mom, Liliana and her boyfriend(White_Eagle) were. I think we were there, standing in the cold chatting for about 30, 40 minutes? Cherisse even came out to greet some people but just went off right after the first people. Security went and told people that there would be no autographs, no picture and we’d just get a handshake from him. I was a bit disappointed, but eh, that’d be good enough… So a couple minutes after that, heard people screaming and thought: That’s gotta be him. There were flashes allover the place, people excited, but I couldn’t see him anywhere. Did see John though! Then I saw him approaching the area where we were standing and it all felt like a dream… I saw him with Freddie, and singing the flag etc. When he came, he said “Hi” and I asked him to sign my LICM copy. Pfft, only a doodle of an M is there now xD I couldn’t help to say me and Liliana flew in from Portugal, and he stared at me and then said: “Oh yeah, I remember you! How are you?” I just went “Really? I’m good, I’m good…” And according to Liliana, he kept looking at me waiting for me to say something more but I was just staring back so she asked him if he was coming to Portugal any soon. Come on, we know he gets that a lot, but we HAD to ask. So he said “Maaaybe, when the new album comes out…” That automatic answer. Here's a vid

from Liliana, we're from 1:24 onwards.

I knew we weren’t getting anything better but at least he knows that we’re still waiting and he can remember that everytime one of us goes to a gig and asks. So he just moved on from that, and went to my mom, who was pulling the poster out of the envelope to get another autograph for me but stopped when he was right in front of her! She then put her hand out, closed for him to sign and he just shook it and said “Nice to meet you!” While my mom was with a “Errrr…”expression xD That was so funny to watch when we came home. She was even worse than me:naughty: And during that moments where we spoke to him, paparazzis were sometimes blocking and pushing me and other fans were aswell before he even came close to me. That was what was disappointing, because there are people that just don’t care about anyone else and not even Mika and just have unbelievable behaviors…. Thank god I kept still on my place like a stone.

He went past the last people, signing etc, and then he entered a car and with full turbo just got out of there. I stood there, asked Vicky who was standing on a doorstep with some oldlings and other MFCers if she got a chance to speak to him and she said she couldn’t even get close to him… That was sad:\ They were pushed to the back so didn’t have the chance to meet him or just to be close at all. But I think most of you that were there will have that chance one more time ^^

After that, my mom, Shady, Monie, Silver, Sienna, my mom and I headed off to find somewhere to eat at those ridiculous hours! On our way to the tube station there were some guys asking for hi5’s, doing like a contest and that was a funny ending to the night:naughty: When we entered the train, there they were, at the next wagon and entered ours and asked again to give them hi5’s.. Think I was the only one that refused:P They obviously had had a couple drinks, but I think what they were doing was one of those silly jokes, and absolutely harmless.

So, didn’t find anything open, we decided to order a pizza to the Travelodge. The barman that was working that night was quite nice! After 40 minutes of chatting, watching pics and vids that we made of the gig, the pizza came. I was starving!:bleh: Just ate a bit of a cheese sandwich that day. When there’s a Mika gig coming up, I don’t think you actually think of those needs… Eating, drinking.. It all sounds ridiculously meaningless! They offered me little clogs, thanks girls for that!They were really cute and just like the ones Mika virtually offered.

We were all tired after that meal, so we went to our rooms and decided to have breakfast the next morning together.

So we did, Robertina was there, Silver, then Monie and Shady came, Vicky and it was quite nice to talk to everyone again more calmly, but still, I felt so tired. Didn’t sleep at all, struggling to remember something from the gig, seeing the pics my mom took… But nothing seemed to come to my mind and I just decided to sleep on it.

After breakfast, we had to go to the airport. So I said goodbye to most people, to lovely lilibet, the ones I had breakfast with, and some Italian ladies.

And that was basically it…I LOVED meeting all of you. As I mentioned before, it felt so surreal, to actually meet the people I talk to around here, now having faces to connect to the names… To really know there are people that are more insane than me out there.:naughty:

About the “I remember you” thing… I discussed it for a while with Silver… I don’t care if it’s true or not, I want to believe it is anyway. It was already so amazing to be able to talk to him for a couple seconds, and having him to look me in the eyes etc:roftl: And the moment always feels so much longer than it actually is. I still can’t quite believe I was there and it feels like a dream. Or like I’m watching trough anyone else’s eyes or trough a screen. I think I looked so forward to it and was so excited to a point where I thought I was actually dreaming and wasn’t there anyway.

As I said earlier on the gig report… Seeing him just standing there in front of me looked more like a projection than himself. Seing Cherisse aswell… Damn, it all feels just too amazing for me to take as a real thing.

I was crying my whole way home, because I tried to remember it all again and couldn’t. Everytime I had the thought that I was really there etc I’d just burst in tears for no reason. Don’t even know if it was sadness, happiness… Just felt like it was all something hard to reach now and not remembering it made it even harder.

All these days flew by, not like days usually do for me. I have in mind that this won’t be my last gig and I won’t stop liking Mika so soon. I just know it. To give up all this would be a waste. Why would I anyway? I was expecting so many things to go wrong that day or to just get disappointed because I had so many expectations but it was absolutely different from what I ever expected. I think he does surprise us in a way, doesn’t he?

On Tuesday, I went to a band gig here and just seeing them made me realize how great Mika is live. I don’t think any other artist can proudly say he is better than him. At least for me, as much as I like other musicians and artists, no one puts on a show like him. And that’s just enough to keep being his fan.

Edited by Neiobi

-Jennie-

Abby

agnieszka

Aurelien

Axie Dentelle

babspanky

Becky

bettasan

BexxY

Big Girlie

Blue Eyes

CazGirl

charlottechristy

childishlady

Christine

clara85

daisylou

DANI56

DarkLight

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Greyceli

hotdlp

Humphrey

jemmalee

Jesterkevin

joeee

KamIva

Kata

kath

Laurel

Leator

liliana

lillibet

lollipop_monkey

Marie-Thérèse

Mikafish

mikas_gal07

Monie

Naectegale

Neiobi

nikjass

olga

RAK1

robertina

Sarahlou1973

sariflor

Sasje

shady

Shaza!

sienna

silver

sparkly1

suzie

tauruslady

Tia

vickylovesmika

violetsky

vixenbbw

allegra

Dazzle

Laura

OMG Deb! I can't believe you've made a list! :) Lovely report too. I don't understand why you didn't give Mika his gift though, you were right by me and was so close to him. Anyway, it was really nice meeting you, maybe i'll see you again in the future.

I found the whole thing a bit overwhelming at times...so many people I recognised but didn't 'know'...quite a challenge when you are on the shy and hesitant side .

I have the same problem.. I sometimes find it difficult to even approach people i have met before... for me it actually depends a lot on whether i think the person is approachable and whether the time is right to approach him/her.

You have no idea how much I love you right now!

You have the bit of the video, after FD gave the Aussie petition, where he says hi to me, and his face lit up. He's never greeted me like that before, and I botched it up when I was videoing it!

But you got it, and I'm SO grateful, got it on my favourites now

I'm happy for you Rose!! The audio on the video you filmed was very good though..and i'm very pleased that you actually filmed him while talking to me and that lil wave he gave me and the head scratching ... i truly appreciate it!!

M&G

M&G

M&G

Liliana, lovely photos and videos.. thanks for sharing! I had a nice surprise when I watched one of your m&g videos... now I can watch Mika's surprise gestures when he realised it was me, over and over again... that girly shriek he made makes me laugh...he really didn't expect me to be there.. he had a surprise look when he noticed me last year too, but no video, so this is just sooo wonderful.. thank you!

The girl in the grey top right? I mentioned her in my report. She's actually a member here but is not a regular user. She knew who I was though which made me LOL!!

You're popular!!! I actually recognised you almost instantly.. I remember you walk to where i was and i was like you're...Caz!

a few pics taken by my sister

08062009835.jpg

08062009836.jpg

08062009837.jpg

08062009838.jpg

08062009839.jpg

08062009840.jpg

Brilliant photos!! Thanks for sharing them :)

(Continues)

He then stood on the piano playing the dustbin, and the rest of the band was doing it too. Some guys threw this huuuuuuge inflatable silver ball thing onto the crowd, and the insane feeling of the song was already there. Balloons allover the place, everyone clapping, jumping… He then put on that feathered hat and looked like quite a clown while singing the song The huge ball hit the stage and blocked him but was quickly pushed away. Everyone was yelling the lyrics, jumping to the rhythm.. Ah, dunno what to say more! And then I realized. The band bowed. It was Lollipop. We were near to the end. It all went by so quickly! He performed Happy Ending with Eda after. It’s so lovely, on the piano, with the two voices combining and again with the orchestra. It’s a song that I find absolutely utterly beautiful and special to be performed live, and you realize once again what a great voice Mika has. And the little bit of love part is my favourite With the violins doing a classical like melody it sounds stunning.

He went off stage then and I thought it was really over. But come on, we deserved some more! It all was too fast. So everyone kept cheering and calling him back so he did and performed Any Other World then gave up, because the violins and the guitars weren’t following and he was on the wrong tune. I’d LOVE to hear it live buuut didn’t happen. He did My Interpretation, a reasonable song live… Don’t like it that much, it gets a bit repetitive aswell.

He then played Rain. It still sounds repetitive to me but much more nicer and wonderful with the new arrangement. I like how this acoustic tour made the songs sound a bit more classical aswell. Great song to sing along.

They all went off again, and came back after the crowd demanded, to perform Relax. It’s SO beautiful live and played acoustically. Really chilled. He then sang the intro of the version we all know, and it turned really all disco and everyone was jumping around all of a sudden. Great turning point! I don’t know how and don’t care, but Aurelien and Sariflor got on stage as most of you know. Dunno if he wanted that many people there, but without thinking twice, I found myself on stage, jumping around. Saw everyone else following around and I just limited to be on my own jumping. Couldn’t really see him, problem with being short! When I saw people going around them I backed off even more,didn’t want to be part of that. Saw the woman hugging him,and people running into him and him leaving. Aaah I just couldn’t believe it was all over. I never felt like I was present there the whole time. It was all like a lucid dream or something… Really loved the ending though. Got out of the stage, with the help of my mom of course, orelse I’d fall right on my face And went out of the room to head to the foyer, see if there was going to be anything afterwards. So I waited and waited to know if there was going to have a M&G afterall, took group pictures, spoke to people, saw Fortuné…God, he’s so alike his brother! Monie we have to form that fan club afterall. I wanted to say something to him but would I say? It’d just be plain silly… When I saw MFCers heading round the building I went to go to the qeue and wait for Mika to come out.

Part 3 will follow.

Geez, sorry guys... I dunno if anyone will read this anyway but it was a looot that happened for me that day

Thank you for your report!! My God.. you remember everything!! and very detailed too.. now i can relive it all over again..thanks dear.

Liliana, lovely photos and videos.. thanks for sharing! I had a nice surprise when I watched one of your m&g videos... now I can watch Mika's surprise gestures when he realised it was me, over and over again... that girly shriek he made makes me laugh...he really didn't expect me to be there.. he had a surprise look when he noticed me last year too, but no video, so this is just sooo wonderful.. thank you!

You're welcome!:wink2:

OMG Deb! I can't believe you've made a list! :) Lovely report too. I don't understand why you didn't give Mika his gift though, you were right by me and was so close to him. Anyway, it was really nice meeting you, maybe i'll see you again in the future.

I have the same problem.. I sometimes find it difficult to even approach people i have met before... for me it actually depends a lot on whether i think the person is approachable and whether the time is right to approach him/her.

I'm happy for you Rose!! The audio on the video you filmed was very good though..and i'm very pleased that you actually filmed him while talking to me and that lil wave he gave me and the head scratching ... i truly appreciate it!!

No problem:wink2:

There were so many people, I wanted others to have a chance, as

I've spoken to him before. Also, I didn't want to just throw it at him,

which is what it would have felt like.

I'll hopefully have another chance in NYC next week :thumb_yello:

There were so many people, I wanted others to have a chance, as

I've spoken to him before. Also, I didn't want to just throw it at him,

which is what it would have felt like.

I'll hopefully have another chance in NYC next week :thumb_yello:

Ahhh.. you're an angel.. I wish I can restrain myself from talking to Mika and let others speak to him... but then again if i knew i was seeing him soon.. maybe i could've.. i don't know..:naughty:Have a blast in New York, I hope you get to give your gift to him this time :thumb_yello:

Rose and Liliana.. I love you two :blush-anim-cl:

and Caz I just seen your meet & greet video too.. OMG.. you filmed it too.. i'm a very very happy woman :biggrin2: Thanks!!!!!

Ahhh.. you're an angel.. I wish I can restrain myself from talking to Mika and let others speak to him... but then again if i knew i was seeing him soon.. maybe i could've.. i don't know..:naughty:Have a blast in New York, I hope you get to give your gift to him this time :thumb_yello:

Rose and Liliana.. I love you two :blush-anim-cl:

and Caz I just seen your meet & greet video too.. OMG.. you filmed it too.. i'm a very very happy woman :biggrin2: Thanks!!!!!

I should say it was thanks to Cazzies camera I got that, I was filming for her.