The strange world of Mika - Observer - June 12 2009

dcdeb

I've been through a similar experience to you, but it left me with a wall I built round myself, because I didn't want to get hurt again.

Never did find my Mr Right yet, but that's okay. I live my life on my terms, which saves anyone else from being hurt either.

Nicely put, same here.

And it makes me realise that a lot of people here have many things in common too.

Yeah, I think most of us do.

I'm thinking this relationship is the one he alluded to when LICM came out, when he said he'd been in love once.

Can't believe no one remembers this!!!:blink:

I think I vaguely remember

I remember it too:thumb_yello: Boy that was a long time ago...

I'm thinking this relationship is the one he alluded to when LICM came out, when he said he'd been in love once.

Knowing the type of person I know that has suffered and he is still suffering...:sad::emot-sad:

interesting post caz. :thumb_yello: i also found some similarities with mika through the article, but for me it concerned more my career. i also was bullied at school, and can totally confirm what you said about it causing low self-esteem and somewhat of a paranoia. when it comes to relationships, i got over it in my early-20s, when i had my first long-term and wonderful relationship, which showed me i am worth being loved. but when it comes to building professional relationships / networking for the job/career, i'm still quite handicapped.

anyway, what i wanted to say: mika talked about getting bullied and therefor building his own little world. and later, he said sth like that he became a musician because that was what made him tick when he was a little boy. it made me realize you probably never really get out of that little world you built for yourself. when i got bullied, my "alternative world" that made me happy was being a fan of different bands - nkotb, take that, and all the other 90s boybands. for nkotb i built up a fanclub back then, and at school i much rather developed crosswords for the fanclub magazine than anything else, because with that i was in my own little world and far away from the real one. and now i'm a huge mika fan and run the german fanclub website. not a big development from back then (except that the artist and the music is much better now! :roftl:).

TAKE THAT is fabulous-even today! :roftl: (but for the other bands this might be true)

the only other thing i loved doing as a teenager was singing and playing guitar. i absolutely wanted to become a pop star, but didn't get much support from my family. i wonder if i'd had a mum like mika's, would i be a pop star too now? :bleh: well, i don't really want it anymore, i like being at home and on my own too much for leading the life of a pop star. :naughty: but i'm not really happy with my current job either, and sometimes i wonder if maybe it was a mistake to not pursue a career somewhere in music (not necessarily meaning popstar), cause that was all i loved and wanted when i was younger. :dunno:

If I would have known myself the way I know myself now I would have never started chemistry but something that has to do with music. I grew up in a family where spending time and money on music was for them a waste of time and money. So I followed this thought and pushed everything I like and enjoy doing aside. Never learned an instrument (sort of it now) and even when I tried to the only thing I heard were stupid comments. Families should support and not bring children and teenagers to an even lower self-esteem than they already have. I wish I had a supporting family like mika had/has and I wish I was able to put the stuff/feelings that is in my head on paper (words or paintings), in melodies or something that is not my head in order to let it out. In some ways I really envy artists (incl. mika) who are able to do that.

Seems my post has something in this thread and the other one lol :naughty::blush-anim-cl: But it's nice to see that some people are realising things about themselves...whether it be through the article, or even my post (! :shocked:) or just perhaps through life. It's funny how even the smallest of actions can affect one person. The negatives tend to affect people more than positives...we take postives for granted. Even just simple, polite manners can make someone's day, y'know?

LITTLE BIT OF LOVE, GUYS! :naughty:

Well, you put in words what I already realized about myself a while ago. Not that it help me to be "normal" or trusty to others but I give my best to try. I still hope for the good in others. Usually I treat other like I want to be treated myself unless you meet me in one of my grumpy and slightly depressive state of minds. Well, and sometimes to positive stuff is so far away and by now I get slightly anxious when something good happens because I tend to thing it is only the preparation for something really worse to happen. (Thank you last year.) And I know it is bullsh*t but I can't help myself there-its rooted (?) in my mind.

Should I answer to this one? I guess no. But I never cared (and will not care) for mika's relationships-I don't know of any. Believe it or not: I never knew about it. ;) Of cause I wish for him to be happy and I don't care what he needs to achieve this but I hope he finds it.

I feel like being in a group therapy! lol.

Wow, what a great read and video! The reporter thought Mika was so strange, for some reason.:teehee: I've never thought of him as THAT strange.

His twisted fairytale comment made me think of this http://www.jpgmag.com/stories/11918

Oh thanks for posting!

That was indeed a different take on the whole fairy tale/ worship princess stories!:shocked:

I would really love to see the exhibition!

I can't belive you guys believe him. :naughty:

I highly doubt he's single.

Hehe!:naughty:

Just one word....never forget John Travolta!:aah:

I think it's too late to ask...but I ran all Lisbon searching for The Observer Music Monthly Magazine, and I realized that I'd never have the chance of buying it, 'cause it was all sold out.

well...There's anyone who could send me The Observer? :sweatdrop:

Edited by c'rocktart!

Oh it wouldn't surprise me. Nothing would actually:aah: It wouldn't surprise me if he were single/in love/engaged/married/having multiple lovers or something else... Really, why would he tell the truth to journalists if they just make their own little story of it.:wink2:

Wow, what a great read and video! The reporter thought Mika was so strange, for some reason.:teehee: I've never thought of him as THAT strange.

I agree! Okay, I do think he can be a bit eccentric, but nothing abnormal.. the reporter seemed shocked by him...I don't know how many times he used the words strange, odd, etc...:blink:

Or maybe Mika only attracts strange people anyway so we don't see HIM as that much stranger than us :roftl:

Never did find my Mr Right yet, but that's okay. I live my life on my terms, which saves anyone else from being hurt either.

Good attiutde; I'm the same :thumb_yello:

Good point...if he is in a relationship he's hardly going to say it...it'd just encourage people to follow him and try to expose it all!

Bravo Caspar Llewellyn Simth!

I really liked this article & video!

I Love the OMM photo shoot & it gives me great hopes for the Album Cover!

At first I was wishing this would be the Album Cover then I thought the Album Cover will be Better. Can't Wait!!

I am so looking forward to Mika's Album release!!

Just noticed something:

I have a final pop at working out his love life, asking whether he's in a relationship right now.

"No," he laughs.

When were you last in a relationship? I ask.

"Recently."

What's the longest relationship you've had?

"Only one... and it lasted a year."

And that's the one that recently finished?

"Well, not recently. Sadly."

Isn't that a contradiction? :dunno:

Just noticed something:

You JUST noticed this? :teehee:

The only thing I can think of to make sense of it is that he is correcting himself and pointing out that actually it wasn't that recently. But really I never know what to make of these print interviews because I can't take them at face value, especially without being able to hear his voice and see his expression. :dunno:

The only thing I can think of to make sense of it is that he is correcting himself and pointing out that actually it wasn't that recently. But really I never know what to make of these print interviews because I can't take them at face value, especially without being able to hear his voice and see his expression. :dunno:

i would like to hear this interview. voice intonation and facial expressions speak more then written words sometimes

Yes. :teehee:

I usually just skim an article the first time I read it, but I was rereading it today and I noticed. :naughty:

That's what I was thinking too. I don't know, he's confusing.

Yes. :teehee:

I usually just skim an article the first time I read it, but I was rereading it today and I noticed. :naughty:

That's what I was thinking too. I don't know, he's confusing.

Weren't you the one that said he might be lying? :teehee:

Just noticed something:

Maybe he was recently in a relationship, but recognises only one as a long term and that one ended up long ago.... just a hint.....:dunno:

cheers :)

i would like to hear this interview. voice intonation and facial expressions speak more then written words sometimes

my thought, too

my thought, too

Mine three :biggrin2:. I never take anything seriously anymore unless I have heard Mika say it first hand (on TV/video or in person), and I can dissect his voice, body language, facial expressions, etc....