Mika added to the line up for iTunes festival 2009

Miro

OMG CALVIN! PLACEBO! FRANZ! They want me to die?? :aah:

Oh yeah, and Mika :naughty:

I like Placebo, too. I'd love to hear Brian's voice live.

Shall we just rent a MFC apartment?:roftl:

Or move in with the Penniman clan?:mf_rosetinted:

No way. I'm afraid of Sire's mum. :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mari62: Your posted article is out of date, that is the advert for the 2007 itunes Festival:

This info is current (ie 2009) vv

Just thought I would clear that up as it was causing confusion, I think :thumb_yello:.

Is this right? Surely this isn't the FIRST iTunes Festival, is it? Didn't they do this a few years ago? And Mika performed at it then? I see the *2009*

but... I don't see this on the ICA website/calendar yet...

http://www.ituneslive.co.uk/

OK, this looks legitimate now... The iTunes Festival is a new type of music festival. Free to attend. Running for the entire month of July and to be enjoyed from anywhere in the world via the web.

This year we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary in style. Taking to the stage at Camden's Roundhouse will be Oasis, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, The Saturdays, Flo Rida, Bat For Lashes, Jack Peñate, Paolo Nutini and many more still to be announced. To see the full line up visit the iTunes (EU) Facebook page.

Each performance will be recorded and available to download on iTunes.

You can keep up to date with the latest line-up announcements, free ticket competitions, news, video highlights and live audio broadcasts by becoming a fan of the iTunes (EU) Facebook page.

Gig tickets are NOT available to buy. For the chance to see your favourite artists up-close and for free, click here to visit the festival page and follow the ticket application instructions.

We're giving away hundreds of gig tickets on Facebook, but if you do not have a Facebook account you could win a limited number of tickets here.

It looks like the release in Mari's post is from the original festival a few years ago... for some reason.

This looks like the real thing. :)

But I haven't run across MIKA's name on the 2009 list yet.

EDIT: Ah, there he is:

http://www.facebook.com/iTunesEU#/iTunesEU?v=app_10531514314&viewas=810005320

sorry didn't notice it announced the first iTunes music festival :blush-anim-cl:

gonna edit my post :biggrin2:

http://apps.facebook.com/itunesfestival/win_tickets.php?date=2009-07-31

There you go :thumb_yello:

You need to be on facebook - and be a fan of i-tunes - I set up an account specially - fingers crossed

I've entered but this is not good. I'd sooner know that I'm going so that I can book a hotel etc. I thought I'd just be able to order the ticket. like with any other gig. As a disabled person, I really have to be prepared.

The free tickets will be available to iTunes users, fan websites and two lotteries open to ICA Members only.

Considering I have a fansite...can I get a ticket?:biggrin2:

So will MFC be getting tickets then?

damn! :sneaky2: so, one more person for the mfc house in london here! :naughty: i'd have to give up my job for that, but who cares - could work for mika instead... :das: - looks to me like he might need someone to program that magic numbers thing on his website, i'm sure i won't be slower with it than them! :roftl:

I'd be quite happy to be permenant resident/housekeeper!:naughty:

just had a thought... Recordings from this festival are usually made for sale on itunes, yes?

This could mean...if he keeps it in his set for this gig...hq live version of blue eyes! :shocked:

:swoon:

result!!!

So, I applied for Mika's gig...It's worth trying, ain't it? :wink2:

damn! :sneaky2: so, one more person for the mfc house in london here! :naughty: i'd have to give up my job for that, but who cares - could work for mika instead... :das: - looks to me like he might need someone to program that magic numbers thing on his website, i'm sure i won't be slower with it than them! :roftl:

lol, you are so right! :roftl:

Perfect :) Going there Thursday. Check that out Friday and out for a few drinks after with some friends :cheers: Cant get any better.. almost... I was only suppose to go there to fix some papers so i can move back to the uk (and stalk a tv presenter :roftl: ) but that makes it better :biggrin2:

Is this right? Surely this isn't the FIRST iTunes Festival, is it? Didn't they do this a few years ago? And Mika performed at it then? I see the *2009*

but... I don't see this on the ICA website/calendar yet...

They do it every year. Not at the same locations.

I just wanna be sure... The facebook competition is the only way to get tickets right? And it's two tickets you win right? Cause if it is so, I have to tell my friend to participate, so I have more luck hahaha.

Idd, I did read in the terms however that you have to be a resident of the uk in order to win... Didn't know that...

I just wanna be sure... The facebook competition is the only way to get tickets right? And it's two tickets you win right? Cause if it is so, I have to tell my friend to participate, so I have more luck hahaha.

I think there are other ways of applying, there usually are.

Haha, that was my original plan but I haven't yet:naughty:

Ooooh the itunes Festival on the 1st of July 2007 was my first Mika gig :wub2:. This would be a dream, 2 full years later! Fantastic.

You were the 1st person i thought of when i saw the itunes thing (para que veas cómo te quiero, petarda XDDD)

Really hope we get some MFC'ers at this ... would be awful to have a Mika gig with noone from here at it .... :aah:

I'm not addicted to the reports and piccies thread at all :wink2:

Really hope we get some MFC'ers at this ... would be awful to have a Mika gig with noone from here at it .... :aah:

I'm not addicted to the reports and piccies thread at all :wink2:

Yes, I really hope that at least some of us (if not all of us who are able to attend) get to go to this. What's a Mika gig without MFCers at the front? :teehee: