Mika added to the line up for iTunes festival 2009

Miro

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mari62: Your posted article is out of date, that is the advert for the 2007 itunes Festival:

ICA iTunes music festival - free gigs every day in July!

News

ITunes_Live_London_Festival_2009-1-250-208-85-nocrop.gif

iTunes Live London Festival 2009

London's ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts) today announced the first iTunes music festival - an event which will span every day in July with over 60 acts - and the gigs are free entry!

The free tickets will be available to iTunes users, fan websites and two lotteries open to ICA Members only. Twenty pairs of tickets for the 350 seater venue for each night will be available in two lotteries on the ICA website.

A superb range of diverse, established and up-and-coming acts will play each night, including Amy Winehouse, Crowded House, The Pigeon Detectives, Mika, Editors, Beverley Knight, Raul Midon, Just Jack, Justin Nozuka, Travis, Groove Armada, Mutya Buena, Imogen Heap, The Coral and more.

Opening the event will be the sensation of 2006/ 2007 Mika, supported by Leon Jean Marie - another artist tipped for big things.

See the ICA/ iTunes festival websites for further info - links to the right.

http://www.allgigs.co.uk/view/article/484/ICA_ITunes_Music_Festival_Free_Gigs_Every_Day_In_July.html

This info is current (ie 2009) vv

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_8102000/8102786.stm

Bloc Party, Placebo, Calvin Harris and Mika have all been added to the line up for this year's iTunes festival.

The artists join a bill which already includes Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Bat For Lashes, Paolo Nutini, The Saturdays and Flo Rida.

The event takes place at London's Roundhouse every night from 1-31 July and is the third festival of its kind.

In all 62 bands are performing over the month with tickets only available online.

Last year saw performances from Lightspeed Champion, The Ting Tings, The Script and Pendulum.

Just thought I would clear that up as it was causing confusion, I think :thumb_yello:.

I walked by this venue about five days ago, looked at the poster, and wondered if he'd play. :wub2:

'Scuze me, I'm moving to London now.

I'm moving with you!

:naughty:

I'm not moving to London, would hate to live there tbh, but I wouldn't mind if some weird seismic event shunted it a couple of hundred miles up the M1. :mf_rosetinted: I think that's the only way Mika could be persuaded to do more gigs near to me :aah:.

The free tickets will be available to iTunes users, fan websites and two lotteries open to ICA Members only.

Considering I have a fansite...can I get a ticket?:biggrin2:

me too! :bleh:

so it's july 31... hmm, that's a friday, i could try to get a day off...

I'm moving with you!

I'm moving with you two!:roftl:

Hell yeah I'm with you too :roftl:

Hey hey me too:naughty:

Shall we just rent a MFC apartment?:roftl:

Or move in with the Penniman clan?:mf_rosetinted:

The Penniman clan doesn't have enough space for us. :roftl:

We'll rent a house of our own down the road, though, and invite them round for tea. :naughty:

OMG CALVIN! PLACEBO! FRANZ! They want me to die?? :aah:

Oh yeah, and Mika :naughty:

My thoughts exactly, but getting extremely excited for Franz & Placebo, sorry (ah, and Mika :naughty:)

The Penniman clan doesn't have enough space for us. :roftl:

We'll rent a house of our own down the road, though, and invite them round for tea. :naughty:

Count me in :mf_rosetinted:

How do you apply for tickets .. sorry I'm a tad confused .... is there a link I've missed

:aah:

http://apps.facebook.com/itunesfestival/win_tickets.php?date=2009-07-31

There you go :thumb_yello:

You need to be on facebook - and be a fan of i-tunes - I set up an account specially - fingers crossed

Edited by Naectegale

Idd, I did read in the terms however that you have to be a resident of the uk in order to win... Didn't know that...

Do you? Well not unless you say you're from the UK and are willing to go there :wink2: They don't usually send tickets. You have to print them out.

http://apps.facebook.com/itunesfestival/win_tickets.php?date=2009-07-31

There you go :thumb_yello:

You need to be on facebook - and be a fan of i-tunes - I set up an account specially - fingers crossed

Found the links already thank you though .... :aah:

I've put down for Franz too .... but would prefer Mika of course ... I've seen Franz loads of times .... I've done the other link as well (the itunes one) just for Mika .... :naughty:

I really hope I get a ticket I'm on fecking holiday that week :boing:

Found the links already thank you though .... :aah:

I've put down for Franz too .... but would prefer Mika of course ... I've seen Franz loads of times .... I've done the other link as well (the itunes one) just for Mika .... :naughty:

I really hope I get a ticket I'm on fecking holiday that week :boing:

:yay: I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've applied too :thumb_yello:

Idd, I did read in the terms however that you have to be a resident of the uk in order to win... Didn't know that...

damn! :sneaky2: so, one more person for the mfc house in london here! :naughty: i'd have to give up my job for that, but who cares - could work for mika instead... :das: - looks to me like he might need someone to program that magic numbers thing on his website, i'm sure i won't be slower with it than them! :roftl:

Yay! I can actually go!!!! Well if I win tickets that is.

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to quote you, my laptop is being weird

Edited by hotdlp