Mika added to the line up for iTunes festival 2009

Miro

Is it too soon to go back to London? :teehee:

Funny I was just thinking about the Roundhouse when Mika started running around with that trashbin at Sadler's Wells. I saw Stomp there in 1998.

Would luuuuuurve to go to this gig. Good luck everyone. Hope we get lots of MFCers going. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow they signed some great artists! I already knew Sophie Ellis-Bextor will be there, but I already thought the line up wasn´t fully complete:wink2:

i'd have loved to have gone to see Sophie, but she's on with The Saturdays!!! I can't stick them!

I did apply for Snow patrol though.

Do you know when we'll know who won the tickets? Maybe that will stop my heart from beating whenver I see I received an email :naughty:

I believe I read that they will announce the winners every friday? Or that they pick the winners every friday smth like that:thumb_yello:

I'd loooove to go to this...but the dates are not great for me..I'm supposed to be going to London for 2/3 days around the 15th of July.... I would totally go again for Mika (if I got tix :naughty:) but I'm also moving to the States about 2 weeks later.........hmmmmm

Also, it says in the rules you have to be a resident of the UK in order to win; does anyone know if they really enforce that? I've applied anyway :wink2:

And, can you apply more than once?

Thanks!

I'd loooove to go to this...but the dates are not great for me..I'm supposed to be going to London for 2/3 days around the 15th of July.... I would totally go again for Mika (if I got tix :naughty:) but I'm also moving to the States about 2 weeks later.........hmmmmm

Also, it says in the rules you have to be a resident of the UK in order to win; does anyone know if they really enforce that? I've applied anyway :wink2:

And, can you apply more than once?

Thanks!

What the shizzle? Why do they ask for your country then...:blink:

Idd! That's why the second time I've applied, I didn't enter my country:mf_rosetinted: It doesn't have a little * beside it, so I guess it's optional to fill it in :mf_rosetinted:

maybe to keep the rest of us out? :naughty: I don't know....

4. Eligibility. In order to be eligible, entrants must be 14 years of age or older at the time of entry and a resident of the United Kingdom, and must have a valid e-mail address.

Idd! That's why the second time I've applied, I didn't enter my country:mf_rosetinted: It doesn't have a little * beside it, so I guess it's optional to fill it in :mf_rosetinted:

for me, Country DOES have a * beside it.... :blink:

EDIT: I just entered again with a different email address and I didn't put in anything for country, and it still worked! ;)

Edited by neeve272

Do you know when we'll know who won the tickets? Maybe that will stop my heart from beating whenver I see I received an email :naughty:

Winners will be announced every Friday until one week before the actual gig.

I don't think it should have been a contest. It should have been first come, first served, like any other gig. This way, by the time it's a week before the gig, it might be too late to book a hotel, even if I win... which is doubtful

I agree with that Marilyn ... :( I might be sleeping in Liverpool Street station or Victoria coach station by the time I hear if I've won :aah:

Not that It'll stop me from going if I win ... I should be sensible ... but nope

They've updated their status saying he's performing and so far most of the people are like 'BOO! MIKA!' ... Odds are looking decent :teehee:

I really feel like replying to their nasty comments ... but It would be a waste of time .... you don't have to like an artist but I don't understand why they have to be so ..... :thumbdown:

I really feel like replying to their nasty comments ... but It would be a waste of time .... you don't have to like an artist but I don't understand why they have to be so ..... :thumbdown:

Tempting isn't it, but if two and a half years of being a Mika fan has taught me anything it's that he really does provoke extreme reactions and unfortunately brings out the worst in certain kinds of ignorant people, who cannot be reasoned with. Reacting to them is a lose-lose situation!

We love him and that's all that matters, and if these people don't want to go to the iTunes finale then fine.. more tickets for us lot! :biggrin2:

Tempting isn't it, but if two and a half years of being a Mika fan has taught me anything it's that he really does provoke extreme reactions and unfortunately brings out the worst in certain kinds of ignorant people, who cannot be reasoned with. Reacting to them is a lose-lose situation!

We love him and that's all that matters, and if these people don't want to go to the iTunes finale then fine.. more tickets for us lot! :biggrin2:

Absolutely :)

Precisely, all the more better for us :thumb_yello: