I'm new but 49; anybody else here my age?

carien1960

Hi,

I'm new here and though a true Mikafan not sure if this is the place for me (as I am 49 already!).

I heard of Mika rather late, january 2008, because my daughter showed me the video of Big Girl. I loved it right away, first because of the music and then because of this lovely enthousiastic and very much himself person.

Later I heard Relax, which I remembered as a very nice song that I heard before. Than came Love Today which was my favorite for quite a while.

When Mika came to Amsterdam I bought tickets immediately and fortunately my daughter and her best friend (both 14 then) wanted to go, too. We went in and I became 14, too (in my mind that was). Since then I am about 15, love the feeling which is brought on by most Mikamusic. So I love it and him for this, and would really like to know if there are others like me??

Let me know!

Love, today if possible,

Carien

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ! :biggrin2: WELCOME to MFC !! :welcomeani::flowers2:

You are in great company here , I am 47 & had never been in a 'fan forum' before I got into Mika ... so just relax here & have a great time !!

You have already been linked to the 'Oldlings' thread ... but this doesn't mean you can't roam around & chat in many other threads aswell ... we are all pretty fun, crazy & cool ! :wink2::thumb_yello:

welcome to MFC Carien!!

of course, you found the perfect place for mika fans!

we have members of all ages!! :thumb_yello:

as cassiopee pointed out the oldlings is a group of older members who are very welcoming!

there are plenty of older members! (including me, but i'm in denial! :naughty:)

Yes - Mika has the same effect on me and i believe he excludes no one, which is what i really admire about him. Listening to his music (or him for that matter!) makes you feel you can do anything! And Welcome by the way!

Edited by purple friend
meant to quote msg from Carien

Yes - Mika has the same effect on me and i believe he excludes no one, which is what i really admire about him. Listening to his music (or him for that matter!) makes you feel you can do anything! And Welcome by the way!

How many people quote their own message?? I just replied to Carien's - unfortunately didn't actually read anybody elses replies first so it seems i've just stated what's already been said - sorry. :blink: However it does seem i've managed to work out how to quote someone's msg, so this is good. :wink2:

Hi,

I'm new here and though a true Mikafan not sure if this is the place for me (as I am 49 already!).

I heard of Mika rather late, january 2008, because my daughter showed me the video of Big Girl. I loved it right away, first because of the music and then because of this lovely enthousiastic and very much himself person.

Later I heard Relax, which I remembered as a very nice song that I heard before. Than came Love Today which was my favorite for quite a while.

When Mika came to Amsterdam I bought tickets immediately and fortunately my daughter and her best friend (both 14 then) wanted to go, too. We went in and I became 14, too (in my mind that was). Since then I am about 15, love the feeling which is brought on by most Mikamusic. So I love it and him for this, and would really like to know if there are others like me??

Let me know!

Love, today if possible,

Carien

Honey, you are merely a

young chick:

I'm 67! W E L C O M E.

Edited by A. Clay

Hi Carien,

I am 35 but on this forum sometimes I 'behave' like a 14 year old:biggrin2:..

and at concerts I feel like I am attending a gig back in the early 80s when people on stage were actually musicians and not disposable puppets.

:welcomeani:

PS you needn't restrict yourself to visiting the oldlings thread only (I hardly ever do, for example), just look at the threads and join any topic you like:wink2:

Welcome Carien:wink2:

Personally, I become 10 at Mika shows, but that's 'cause I'm nuts:roftl:

Come join us in the Oldlings, it's always open to everyone:thumb_yello:

:welcomeani: to the MFC!

Ik ben Katrien van België en ben 26 jaar. Ik ken in elk geval het gevoel om me terug tiener te voelen bij zijn optredens. Ik was in Brussel drie weken geleden. Ik heb me nog nooit zo'n puber gevoeld als toen ... maar ik vond het geweldig :naughty::fangurl:

Welkom Carien!

There are a lot of "oldies" in this place who feel like teenagers when Mika is involved (apart from the ones that feel like 6 or 10 year olds :teehee:) so you should feel comfortable here :naughty:.

Try to visit the oldlings thread once, in contrast to the name the thread is anything but old (it's funny, vibrant, naughty and warm) :wink2:.