First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I heard that little clip and kinda liked it. Then I kind of heard it on Monday but too many people were talking in the office. Then I was so tired I didn't really listen to it again properly till today.

Feels like 2007 again!

Yeah, coworkers can be mightily annoying and rude :mad: : honestly, talking business when there are so many much more serious things to listen to :sneaky2: !

What's brilliant with teaching :thumb_yello: is when you say 'Quiet !', they do shut up :shocked: .

Cheers,

Id3

After having listened to the song one and a half times and decided not to like it, I got asked yesterday what it was that I'd been humming all day long. :blink:

:sneaky2: I suspect there's some serious brainwashing going on.

After having listened to the song one and a half times and decided not to like it, I got asked yesterday what it was that I'd been humming all day long. :blink:

Yeah the clever ****er......:aah:

for all those interested in my WAG evolution, i have to admit that i woke up with 'we are not what you think we are - we are golden' in my head.

this quite disturbed me, cause i cannot deny the brainstoming power of that refrain.

so i guess i will come to the conclusion that i will listen to the song without fighting against it, still convinced that i don't like it, still disappointed it has been chosen as first single, fully aware it will be a huge success that will give mika the power and money to keep on writing the songs i love better.

so....HAIL WAG! i bow to you power :bow:

i even can see the usual trick sad words/happy rythm fully working in this song, i'd wonder if it were not like this.

i'll sing it out loud at gigs, and join every choir he might want us to sing, i know it will be great fun, but this does not mean i fully like this song.

bulletin over :biggrin2:

Maybe it's some kind of magical spell that's included in the song..:aah:

for all those interested in my WAG evolution, i have to admit that i woke up with 'we are not what you think we are - we are golden' in my head.

this quite disturbed me, cause i cannot deny the brainstoming power of that refrain.

so i guess i will come to the conclusion that i will listen to the song without fighting against it, still convinced that i don't like it, still disappointed it has been chosen as first single, fully aware it will be a huge success that will give mika the power and money to keep on writing the songs i love better.

i even can see the usual trick sad words/happy rythm fully working in this song, i'd wonder if it were not like this.

i'll sing it out loud at gigs, and join every choir he might want us to sing, i know it will be great fun, but this does not mean i fully like this song.

bulletin over :biggrin2:

Just a matter of time :naughty:

I woke up to it 2nd morning in a row ( but if I count Saturday morning as well, it is the third one, actually) :blink:

He seems to have included a magic potion as an additional ingredient. (:kaf:)

I woke up to it 2nd morning in a row ( but if I count Saturday morning as well, it is the third one, actually) :blink:

yeah :sneaky2:

but the wizard here is mr. greg wells

:wink2:

Is that on Radio 1?

No, it's Suzie's radio inside her head :insane:

I usually wake up to my mobile's alarm but these days I find myself waking up to this melody being played in my head. Scary...

No, it's Suzie's radio inside her head :insane:

I usually wake up to my mobile's alarm but these days I find myself waking up to this melody being played in my head. Scary...

:roftl:

Youve been drining that 40% proof black "stuff" you gave me havent you? :naughty:

mmmm why havent I heard it on Radio yet .. mmmm <twitter time>

:roftl:

Youve been drining that 40% proof black "stuff" you gave me havent you? :naughty:

No, no... "Black stuff" is for later if and when I am next at his concert as I will most definitely need encouragement to sing the teenage dreams in a teenage circus :pinkbow: stuff.... I'll bring some for Robi as well :drunk_sing:

:biggrin2:

No, no... "Black stuff" is for later if and when I am next at his concert as I will most definitely need encouragement to sing the teenage dreams in a teenage circus :pinkbow: stuff.... I'll bring some for Robi as well :drunk_sing:

:biggrin2:

i'll stick to the 'we are not what you think we are- we are golden' bit:biggrin2:

i feel golden, if not a teen!:naughty:

i book a place next to you anyway, we can be grumpy to wag together :thumb_yello:

(violet, interested?)

This morning, I woke up and "We are golden" was playing inside my head

bulletin over

Ok girls, it looks like we're all on the same page here :roftl:. This is too funny for words.

No, no... "Black stuff" is for later if and when I am next at his concert as I will most definitely need encouragement to sing the teenage dreams in a teenage circus stuff.... I'll bring some for Robi as well :drunk_sing:

Yes, that is the one line in the song that I absolutely dislike. But, of course, I was singing away to it in any case this morning. In fact, I find that I am suddenly discovering that I'm singing random different parts of the song and surprising myself with that.

He obviously knows what he's doing he!

my friend at school in english today;

her; Charlotte! I heard mika;s new single, we are golden, on ZM yesterday!! it was the first play in New Zealand!! and i heard it before you becasue you dont listen to ZM!! hahaha you call yourself a fan!!

Me; actually I was up at 1am listening to it on the internet thanks.. remember.. i told you..

her; oh :boxed: ok.. have i ever told you youre completely insane? heard of a thing called overdedicated?

me; :rolls_eyes:

Yes, that is the one line in the song that I absolutely dislike. ]

wow, how strange! I find that my favorite part of the song. Being 15 is hard and the lyrics seem to slot in so perfectly with my life right now, i was really amazed that mika could still relate back to this feeling. by the time most people reach 30, they can relate.. but not in quite the same way, you know? I remind myself of when I was 12.. i hated life, i just wanted to be older. I was cutting myself and trying and trying to live upto what my parents expected of me, but i didnt fit in. i didnt make friends. my closest aunty had just died. i wished i was dead.

At college, when i turned 13, everything changed. It's weird but i could almost call myself popular. I became so much more outgoing. When i was 13 i discovered Mika, and while i wouldn't attribute my whole turnaround on him, he was defiantely a major factor.

Now i'm 15, i can't really relate to 12 year olds anymore, despite being in so much pain when i was 12. Sure, this isn't my all-time favorite Mika, but wow. This is a song and a half. It really sums up everything and leaves me kinda breathless.

Edited by racinghorse83