First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

Okay, now I'm mega curious!!!!

I did a short clip of me singing "Vivimi", a song by Laura Pausini a few weeks ago and I'm curious to see if my accent is as bad as Mika's!!!

Here's the clip for you to rate me badly in case anyone cares to judge! :lmfao:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0F9ICTD4

I find it quite well! I couldn't hear perfectly though, 'cause the volume was really high and you were singing on the track :biggrin2:

But at least what I can say is to work in the simple and double consonants. For example, simple "t" is softer than "tt", and sometimes it sounds almost close to a "d". Z, you make it sound stronger, like the english "Z" . Try listening to word in this page:

(just an example)-->http://www.wordreference.com/iten/spazio

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'VE JUST HEARD WE ARE GOLDEN IN THE URUGUAYAN RADIOO!!!!

omg!!!:shocked: i'm dead!!!!:swoon: i just turned the radio on, and the first song i heard was WAG!!!!!:mf_lustslow::wub2: i started jumping,screaming,called to my mum (who was sleeping)...and now i have a biiiig smile in my face!!!:biggrin2::biggrin2:

it's because i can't believe it!!! :aah:the woman said it was the first time they transmited the song:wub2:....so...it was fantastic!:mf_lustslow:

great newsssss!!!!! :yay:

i`m happy for you!

it feels amazing listening to him on the radio :wub2:

This is So Exciting!

A new Single, radio interviews, upcoming album & upcoming tour - It is like the start of a new season - Mika Season!!

It will just keep getting Better & Better!

Enjoy Yourself Mika & Congrats!

So happy for you, neighbour of the river!! :naughty:

But he indeed know your country...Remember when he told that he met a family from Uruguay in Europe (wait a minute...that wasn't your family, was it? :teehee:), and they were really nice. He said "Uruguay" in a perfect spanish, just like me and you :wink2:

no,it wasn't my family,but i'd love it was!:teehee::wub2:...anyway,i've never known who they were (a little bit difficult,but i don't know any Uruguayan fan,despite my friends...hehe...i've become them addicted to Mika,but they're not as crazy as me for him!:teehee::aah:)....yeah! when i saw the video,i started crying,and i reviewed al the time, to the moment he said:"Uruguay"...OMG!!! he said it PERFECT! ....:wub2::wub2:

Besos "Vecina del Rio" :huglove:

great newsssss!!!!! :yay:

i`m happy for you!

it feels amazing listening to him on the radio :wub2:

aww!thank you!:huglove: so sweet!!:wub2:

yeah! it feels amazing when you hear him on the radio!!!!!:wub2::teehee::roftl::naughty: and i can't stop dancing and singing the song!!!haha!!!:naughty: i think it's part of Mika's addiction!!!

Besos!!!!!!!:huglove::bye:

I'VE JUST HEARD WE ARE GOLDEN IN THE URUGUAYAN RADIOO!!!!

omg!!!:shocked: i'm dead!!!!:swoon: i just turned the radio on, and the first song i heard was WAG!!!!!:mf_lustslow::wub2: i started jumping,screaming,called to my mum (who was sleeping)...and now i have a biiiig smile in my face!!!:biggrin2::biggrin2:

it's because i can't believe it!!! :aah:the woman said it was the first time they transmited the song:wub2:....so...it was fantastic!:mf_lustslow:

That was a wonderful Golden Moment for you! I am so thrilled!!

aww!thank you!:huglove: so sweet!!:wub2:

yeah! it feels amazing when you hear him on the radio!!!!!:wub2::teehee::roftl::naughty: and i can't stop dancing and singing the song!!!haha!!!:naughty: i think it's part of Mika's addiction!!!

Besos!!!!!!!:huglove::bye:

It also means that all of this promotion of Mika by the fans, in countries where they haven't heard of him very much, is working! Well done!

I find it quite well! I couldn't hear perfectly though, 'cause the volume was really high and you were singing on the track :biggrin2:

But at least what I can say is to work in the simple and double consonants. For example, simple "t" is softer than "tt", and sometimes it sounds almost close to a "d". Z, you make it sound stronger, like the english "Z" . Try listening to word in this page:

(just an example)-->http://www.wordreference.com/iten/spazio

Oooooh thanks for the tips!

So...is it better than Mika's? :roftl::roftl:

Okay... So, I'm listening to WAG right now,back at home after the seaside holiday, properly at LAST because the first time I heard it I was in internet cafe which was playing some music on their own so I wasn't able to hear everything right... :aah:

No doubt, the song is rather colossal and massive-sounding. I really like the chorus and the whisper-talk in the end. But I just can't seem to...accept that "recitative" of his, We are not what you think we are, we are GAAWWLDEN, we are GAWLDEN. It just sounds as if it was randomly 'inserted' into the song of a completely different character IMO.

When I first heard it it reminded me of Belinda Carlisle and her song "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" :lmfao:

Anyway, to sum up: I like the song even though I've expected something pretty different, and I certainly wouldn't have chosen this song for the 1st single.

Somebody shoot me? :naughty:

Just listened to the song for the first time because I was on vacation and missed three weeks of Mika news ... I'm so excited!! Brilliant song, powerful and again great lyrics ... makes me fall in love with the music all over again =D

Oh, and can someone please pass me the MP3 download link for this song? I can't seem to find it here for now. Thanks :flowers2:

Umm...I don't think we're allowed to do that. It's a, yet, unreleased single.

I mean, you can probably get an mp3 of his radio shows, but not WAG...yet.

I think you're going to need to purchase it when it's released.

The song is everywhere on Youtube. :sweatdrop:

It's very easy to find, there's the full title in most videos, why don't they take them down? :blink:

I was thinking the same :blink:

I typed "We Are Golden" on YouTube, but the vids I found (3 of them) have been removed.

Yes they are, I tried too now. They were there for a couple of days I guess.

Do you realize we were given loads of possible hints by Mika on his twits long ago???

The Golden donkey...

Dancing like a 6yo to PSB in his room...

I'm just a bit afraid about the new songs on the album containing references to holding trees and stroking gerbils...:naughty: