How about the video for "We are Golden"?

B!anka

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AHH! Just got home!! Did we know the video was premiering today!?!??! I DIDN'T!!!! I love it!!! I laughed, I cried and I drooled... a lot!

Very bold of him, though! People were thinking that he was trying to open up to more generic popular audiences with WAG...? Not with that video! He'll probably get eaten alive here in the US.

I LOVE it. The only think I would have maybe liked if that there was a little side feature of him with the band stuck in the vid somewhere.

Ahhh I need to go watch it again :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

AHH! Just got home!! Did we know the video was premiering today!?!??! I DIDN'T!!!! I love it!!! I laughed, I cried and I drooled... a lot!

No, it was quite a surprise -- I'm not sure it WAS supposed debut today,

but the cat's out of the bag now, eh? At least here, it is! :roftl:

Very bold of him, though! People were thinking that he was trying to open up to more generic popular audiences with WAG...? Not with that video! He'll probably get eaten alive here in the US.

I LOVE it. The only think I would have maybe liked if that there was a little side feature of him with the band stuck in the vid somewhere.

Yeah, I'm not sure how the US market will receive it either -- but I don't

really care much since I absolutely adore it! It's just fantastic!

BTW, did you see this thread as well?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19102

I also don't think the US will like it. But Mika is someone who doesn't really care what people think, if he wants to do something, he does it.

That's what makes him unique!

After watching it in slow motion :stretcher: and woke up from deads (you know..we all have died sooo many times now!! :roftl: ) , I noticed some other stuff I had predicted!! :das:

Thank you for that! It's a real treasure! :mf_lustslow:

Oh...I CAN SOOOOO PICTURE IT! All these shots from "over the shoulder" into the mirror, and close up-s, and his dramatic way of dancing, and the set must be brilliant with a typical teenage-like Mikaish bedroom. Not so full of toys as HE, though, but more simple yet sophisticated, with a golden light coming through the windows, curtains flowing nicely, a colorful lebanese-like carpet, and a messed-up bed, and a chair staying there not right a bit out from under the desk, on which there will be all these books and sheets of paper, and on the walls there will be some pictures/drawings, and the color of it will be either a mild golden yellow with gentle highlights of green and blue, and there will be a clock on the desk aswell, and there will be this smell in the air of dust and a tacky perfume and the mirror, oh the mirror, a wooden-framed one!

It's going to be so perfect. :biggrin2:

I have an imagination struck at the wrong moment, I should redirect it but...oh well, here we go. This is the way I imagine the video on the lyrics.

It;s morning. Mika comes out of the bathroom (camera shots some angles of the room where we can see his shadow, but not him) into his room and starts looking for something among the piles of rubbish on his desk. The camera focuses only his hands and we cannot see who he really is. He finds this cassette and puts it in the player and presses "play". The camera moves on his eyes and then on his smile/mouth starting singing:

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus

Running around like a clown on purpose

Who gives a damn about the family you come from? (turns around and there's this wide shot of him, putting him like a missing piece of a puzzle in the rest of the room)

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (starts dancing and the camera follows him from different angles put all together, forming a moment of illusions that give that certain motion)Running around again

Running from running (wide shot of him dancing like crazy)

Waking up (takes a brush [actually he pretends he's holding a mic a one point] and sings in it and dances pretending to be on a stage. Close-up shot and then moving away, perhaps some shots of the rest of the room too.)In the midday sun

What’s to live for?

You could see what I’ve done

Staying out of motion

In the light of day

I was hiding

From the things that you’d say ](He's doing this thematic dance that pictures the words of the song [check out at "I was hiding" :wink2: )

We are not what you think we are (Goes to the mirror and starts telling to his reflection)We are golden, we are golden.

We are not what you think we are (He starts jumping up and down and moving away from the mirror.)We are golden, we are golden.

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (Goes to the window and openes it. There's a profile shot of him and he keeps singing in the brush and makes these funny faces)Running around like a clown on purpose

Who gives a damn about the family you come from?

No giving up when you’re young and you want some

Running around again (he keeps raising up his arms and jumping and there are some short close-ups on his dramatic looking face)

Running from running

Running around again

Running from running (goes back to the mirror)

I was a boy (starts talking to his reflection)At an open door

Why you staring

Do you still think that you know?

Looking for treasure

In the things that you threw

Like a magpie (a ray of light shimmers in the mirror and the camera moves bhind the mirror to shot a close-up of his face from there) I live for glitter, not you

We are not what you think we are

We are golden, we are golden. (the close-up from behind the mirror)

We are golden, we are golden.

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (goes away from the mirror and takes the chair from under the desk out and stands on it and dances there.[well, he actually rotates with the chair, but hey, I was close] Shots from all around.)Running around like a clown on purpose

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (jumps off the chair and sits himself down on it)

Now I’m sitting alone (camera moving towards him [dolly track]. he sits down and sings dramatically)I’m finally looking around (???) (looks on the floor with a lost look in his eyes)

Left here on my own

I’m gonna hurt myself (does that concerned face of his)Maybe losing my mind (puts his hands in his hair and acts really dramatic about this )I’m still wondering why

Had to let the world let it bleed me dry (the camera fades out in him and when it fades back in, shows his reflection in the mirror whispering this: )

We are not what you think we are (but that's not what he really is doing and there is another shot of the real him who's now standing up and moving towards the mirror) We are not what you think we are

We are not what you think we are (his reflection raises his eyebrow as a sign of evilness and then he breaks the mirror)We are golden, we are golden

Teenage dreams in a teenage circus (he starts smiling and dancing again)Running around like a clown on purpose

No giving up when you’re young and you want some (goes back on the chair and the camera catches him in an epic pose)

Running around again (starts dancing as he does and the shots are in slow-motion and everything is so dramatic with close-ups on his face, on the broken mirror)Running from running

Running around again

Running from running

We are golden, we are golden.

(I really don't know how it could end! :lmfao: )

After watching it in slow motion :stretcher: and woke up from deads (you know..we all have died sooo many times now!! :roftl: ) , I noticed some other stuff I had predicted!! :das:

Oooohhhhhhhhhh, spooky, Bianca!:shocked:

Oooohhhhhhhhhh, spooky, Bianca!:shocked:

What? The fact that we've all died so many times and always came back safe and sound, or my predictions...I wouldn't call them spooky though....they're more than sppoky! They're deliciously terrifyingly pointlessly unbelieveable! :lmfao:

Why? American artists like Lady Gaga and Britney Spears try to appear as undressed as possible in their vids. Why would it be a problem if Mika does it too? Please explain to me since I am European and I don't see the difference (tho I usually don't like the vids of Gaga and Britney that much and I do like Mika's :wink2:).

Sorry, just offtopic for a sec: Carla! Is that a pic of yourself in your avi? If so, I finally know what you look like :thumb_yello:.

Okay, I just watched the WAG video for the first time.

First I thought O my god Mika, what have you done this time :doh:, then I started to laugh because it's very funny. I still don't know if I like the video, it's different from all the others. I don't say that's a bad thing.

I'm going to watch it again now, I think I will get used to it and find it a good video.

I have to say that I liked the part with the lasers, but I think he had to choose a other colour boxers. I hate white boxers :roftl:

im here in england and i just saw the video for the first time and i think its great because he has finally gotten to express his madness to the max which is what i love about him and he has probably willingly wanted to make the girls drool a little too ;) well it worked for me

im here in england and i just saw the video for the first time and i think its great because he has finally gotten to express his madness to the max which is what i love about him and he has probably willingly wanted to make the girls drool a little too ;) well it worked for me

I bet this is not THE MAXIMUM of his madness!! :naughty::das:

Welcome to the MFC! :biggrin2::welcomeani:

6a00d8341c730253ef01157245f778970b-pi

Review: MIKA STRIPS TO HIS BOXERS IN 'WE ARE GOLDEN' VIDEO

http://www.towleroad.com/2009/07/mika-strips-to-his-undies-in-we-are-golden.html

"Mika's new video for the lead single off his album "We Are Golden"

is directed by Jonas Akerlund and features the singer

living out a technicolor tantrum in the privacy of his bedroom."

Edited by A. Clay

00-00-54.jpg

Review: Mika in his boxers for We Are Golden video

http://pics.nova969.com.au/galleries/mika-in-his-boxers-for-we-are-golden-video/6

"Is it a bird, is it a plane, is it a Mika erection?

Mika strips down to his flimsy white boxer shorts for the video for new song

'We Are Golden'.

We've seen it - it's freakin' great! Masks, bare flesh, bedroom antics,

flashing lights and so much colour it looks like a rainbow has thrown up

in his bedroom.

The video isn't out in Oz yet: but check out the photos."

Edited by A. Clay