Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album September 22

dcdeb

Lena it will be released in western Europe on 21 September and in North America on 22 September.

I am not certain about dates in other countries.

Thanks Cristine!! Now it is clearer! Then the first date is more correct:wink2:

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, guys...I have found the same article on a Romanian radio's website with a really nice picture...

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

By the looks of his jumper and the hair, I'd say it's a new one!

:roftl: That's the first look he gave me at my last 2 Mika gigs..

Me either :no:

Mika's song titles are already Predictable with a capital P. I mean you know the song title by the end of the first chorus without fail.

To then have an entire album named after one...:blink:

LICM's concept was clear and now he's been going on about the adolescent theme of this album. Maybe it will be more obvious once the single is released but that theme is not conveyed in the three words "we are golden" in the same way that "life in cartoon motion" brought to mind all that was going on with those songs.

Just two nights ago I was looking for a possible release date for the single on Billboard and came across another album called We Are Golden that was released on July 17, 2008. How entirely unoriginal and just one year out.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/discography/index.jsp?pid=1030268&aid=1178709

This has made it worst for me... really hoping 'We are Golden' is more than just the song.

These poor girls are going to have to change their name now.

http://www.wearegoldenmusic.com/

Maybe it'd work better for them.. now they'll have people looking for Mika stumble upon them.

I said this in one of my earlier posts, I guess no one saw it!

Sorry Rose, I must've missed your post.

Well we all already found these guys before...bespoke graphic designers.

http://www.wearegolden.co.uk/

plus the band you found

plus this:

Joni Mitchell: "we are stardust, we are golden," Joni Mitchell sang an age ago in "Woodstock," paving the way for a generation of artists to open their imaginations to the gleaming potential of pop and to making music that matters.

So it is basically terribly unoriginal as a title/piece of prose:mf_rosetinted:

So true...:aah:

Yes, the thing is that I can see him reach another level of stardom with this album but I don't think we should be too much worried about his handling of it all. He has already proved he keeps his feet firm on the ground.

My only worry with this kind of superstardom status he might achieve one day is that his freedom to go wherever he wants to go and do whatever he wants to do will be restricted. And that would inevitably impact not only his behaviour but also his creativity. For what do you write about in an ivory tower???

Wise words....and it's not that easy to have disguise when you're that tall and distinctive.. well maybe he can pull it off..:naughty: Anyway, restricted freedom is no fun :aah:

...:thumb_yello:

yes, and that someone would like to add examples from the top of her head now: :biggrin2:

Sheer Heart Attack

The Game

A Kind of Magic

The Miracle

Innuendo

Made In Heaven

...sorry for the obviously biased examples:naughty:

hehe :fisch::king:

Yes, the thing is that I can see him reach another level of stardom with this album but I don't think we should be too much worried about his handling of it all. He has already proved he keeps his feet firm on the ground.:wink2:

My only worry with this kind of superstardom status he might achieve one day is that his freedom to go wherever he wants to go and do whatever he wants to do will be restricted. And that would inevitably impact not only his behaviour but also his creativity. For what do you write about in an ivory tower???

Anyway, already too much worries put into something that we have not even seen the signs of happening... :cool:

yeah, I don't think he's especially prone to go down and follow the example of some other superstars.

As for the ivory tower I wonder: can you really end up in one with a lebanese family? :naughty: No seriously, he's clever and resourceful. I don't believe he'd allow that he gets cut off like some other artists.

As for the ivory tower I wonder: can you really end up in one with a lebanese family? :naughty: No seriously, he's clever and resourceful. I don't believe he'd allow that he gets cut off like some other artists.

True...:wink2:

:...and it's not that easy to have disguise when you're that tall and distinctive.. well maybe he can pull it off..:naughty: Anyway, restricted freedom is no fun :aah:

well, he seems to have a double though :mf_rosetinted:

ohmygoodness!! i put "we are golden" right below my msn name, then my frd hi me...............

she: u know where to hv We Are Golden's lyrics??

I: u mean that Woodstock song?? or another one??

she: ?????

I: WHICH ONE??

she: aren't u listening to We Are Golden's songs???

I: OMG! *faint*

she was talking abt the 2 ladies!!!!:shocked::boxed:

i'm now a bit more worried abt the album title than before........... sori mika!!

ohmygoodness!! i put "we are golden" right below my msn name, then my frd hi me...............

she: u know where to hv We Are Golden's lyrics??

I: u mean that Woodstock song?? or another one??

she: ?????

I: WHICH ONE??

she: aren't u listening to We Are Golden's songs???

I: OMG! *faint*

she was talking abt the 2 ladies!!!!:shocked::boxed:

i'm now a bit more worried abt the album title than before........... sori mika!!

OMG this is going to be confusing. Once mika's is out though, everyone will know which one we're talking about!!! :biggrin2:

Hey, guys...I have found the same article on a Romanian radio's website with a really nice picture...

:wub2:

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

THANKS MUM FOR FINDING THE ARTICLE!:thumb_yello:

Multicoloured gorgeousness......:wub2::wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Edited by ewokwicket

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

Awesome pic, thanks for posting :thumb_yello: I just love it when he wears colorful sweaters :fangurl:

Or he needs to change the name of the album

And I'm afraid I won't like this album as much as LICM and I will get bored quickly of it

For some reason I'm not afraid of that at all. I'm so sure I'm going to love it even more than LICM. But sometimes I feel all this is too much for my heart or something :roftl:

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAA!

Absolutely LOVE it!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!! :-))))))

SO MUCH COLOR!!!!!!!

TOO MUCH TO HANDLE!!!!! heehee...

:-)))))))))))))

OMG he is releasing it on MY 25th SILVER wedding anniversary lol I should change it to GOLDEN wedding anniversary in honour of it lol.

How cool is that!!! Congratulations Sparkly!!! Golden anniversary sounds better anyway:wink2:

For some reason I'm not afraid of that at all. I'm so sure I'm going to love it even more than LICM. But sometimes I feel all this is too much for my heart or something :roftl:

omg I know what you mean!! It's so much, I barely know what to do with myself!! :stretcher:

When Mika first announced he was making a new album such a long time ago, I got this little tiny thought in my head that I might be disapointed. With every piece of news I got that tiny thought got a tiny bit bigger. And last night when I was lying in bed unable to fall asleep, that now quite large thought of mine exploded. I literally had a freak out. I was shouting in my head " Aaaah! What if I have to leve the MFC!!?" "How could I handle it every time I go to listen to LICM I would open it up and have to stare at the person who delivered this massive disapointment!!!!!??" Well, now that its daytime and I've regained clear thought, I know that leaving the MFC would probably never happen, and I won't despise Mika even if We Are Golden is disapointing.

When Mika first announced he was making a new album such a long time ago, I got this little tiny thought in my head that I might be disapointed. With every piece of news I got that tiny thought got a tiny bit bigger. And last night when I was lying in bed unable to fall asleep, that now quite large thought of mine exploded. I literally had a freak out. I was shouting in my head " Aaaah! What if I have to leve the MFC!!?" "How could I handle it every time I go to listen to LICM I would open it up and have to stare at the person who delivered this massive disapointment!!!!!??" Well, now that its daytime and I've regained clear thought, I know that leaving the MFC would probably never happen, and I won't despise Mika even if We Are Golden is disapointing.

:shocked:

Oh my dear, you worry far too much :huglove:

I really can't imagine this new album being a disappointment, it sounds amazing so far! What do you think of the new songs? :)

:shocked:

Oh my dear, you worry far too much :huglove:

I really can't imagine this new album being a disappointment, it sounds amazing so far! What do you think of the new songs? :)

Oh I think you don't need to worry! :huglove: It will be fine, We Are Golden is going to be amazing and Mika will always be the genius boy we fell in love with!! And even if WAG is disappointin (it won't be:teehee:) just remember that mika is human, and love him for that!:wink2:

juz checked out MFC's myspace n i'm now having several questions...

1/ "It will make its radio debut on BBC Radio 2 (out of London) on Monday, July 20th at 9:30am BST."

no more 17th July??? n how abt Scott Mill's tweet? Will MIKA on his show as well??

2/ "Next, we've learned the full-length album will be called We Are Golden after the lead single. Pick up We Are Golden (the album) on September 22."

so, finally it's released on 22nd Sept?? though i rmb someone said that this is only for the US version...:blink:

okay 2 questions! anyone plzz??:teehee:

juz checked out MFC's myspace n i'm now having several questions...

1/ "It will make its radio debut on BBC Radio 2 (out of London) on Monday, July 20th at 9:30am BST."

no more 17th July??? n how abt Scott Mill's tweet? Will MIKA on his show as well??

I'm just as confused as you are, unfortunately. :dunno:

2/ "Next, we've learned the full-length album will be called We Are Golden after the lead single. Pick up We Are Golden (the album) on September 22."

so, finally it's released on 22nd Sept?? though i rmb someone said that this is only for the US version...:blink:

okay 2 questions! anyone plzz??:teehee:

It will be released in the Uk on the 21, I'm pretty sure! :thumb_yello: