What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

• It’s great – catchy, pretty and simple!
    • I feel let down – after Life In Cartoon Motion I expected another creative album title
    • I don’t really care either way. A albums a album

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm sure he will write a track which will be called TWO, just for MFC. :mf_rosetinted:

Ofcourse. If we ask, he will certainly do it.:mf_rosetinted:

Is it official? Is We are golden the title for sure?

No, as nothing is sure in the uncertain and mysterious world of Mika..or something like that.:mf_rosetinted:

2-

i expected something more... i don`t like when artist put a song title as a title of the whole album :boxed: idk.. i know that it`s going to be brilliant! but i wanted a more original title :naughty:

edit:

I already posted my rant in the other thread, but I'll quote it here too. :naughty:

------------

In my humble opinion, it's more than a "meh" idea. I'd even go so far as to use the horribly scathing term...sucktastic idea! :teehee:

Imagine this.

Interviewer: And today, we have special guest Mika on the show! So Mika, tell us about your single.

Mika: Well, it's called We Are Golden....

Interviewer: Right, and it's from your new album?

Mika: Yes, which is *also* called We Are Golden.

Interviewer: Ah, yes. Okay, so when you were first writing We Are Golden...

Mika: Wait, you mean the single? Or the album? :blink:

:roftl:

Also, I think the problem for me personally is that when artists name an album after a song, it puts that song in a particular spotlight and in some ways, takes the spotlight away from the rest of the tracks. I mean, when someone says "Life in Cartoon Motion" we immediately think of those specific songs that make up that album. The album name is a package in which all songs fit equally. Imagine if he'd called LICM "Grace Kelly". :blink:

Now, when someone says "We Are Golden", in reference to the album, I'm going to initially think of that particular song, rather than the album as a whole. Instead of being a package in which all songs fit, the name We Are Golden is, well, biased toward that one track. IMHO, of course.

I'd have preferred Life in Golden Strawberries, too. :pinkbow:

actually it`d be a good title for the album :roft:

Edited by marlau_20zr

Am I the only one who thinks WAG reminds of Joni Mitchell's song Woodstock?

"We are stardust

Billion year old carbon

We are golden

Caught in the devil's bargain

And we've got to get ourselves

Back to the garden"

Just wrote him on Twitter and asked if he thought about it when he was choosing the name. Anyways I love the idea of it and WAG makes me feel like that. :wub2:

Yes, it was the very first thing I thought when I heard the name of the song, I even got the music in my head :aah:. It's one reason I like the title, it feels retro, even hippyish, because of the connection with Woodstock.

Am I the only one who thinks WAG reminds of Joni Mitchell's song Woodstock?

"We are stardust

Billion year old carbon

We are golden

Caught in the devil's bargain

And we've got to get ourselves

Back to the garden"

Just wrote him on Twitter and asked if he thought about it when he was choosing the name. Anyways I love the idea of it and WAG makes me feel like that. :wub2:

Yes, it was the very first thing I thought when I heard the name of the song, I even got the music in my head :aah:. It's one reason I like the title, it feels retro, even hippyish, because of the connection with Woodstock.

:thumb_yello:

Exactly. That actually happens a lot with Mika - he feels retroish and brings back the nostalgia of 60's. :wub2:

I think it's great. Lots of albums take their title from the lead song. But, as someone has already said, it fits in with Mika's colourful image.

He could be brown, he could be blue, he could be violet sky etc, and now, he could be golden! It fits together so well.

It's a bit confusing having the single and the album named the same, but I think we'll manage to find a way to separate the two things.

I think it's a great way to promote the album.

Once the single is successful (which I'm sure will happen), people happen to remember the album title as well :wink2:

I don't really mind album titles btw - it's the MUSIC that counts....So as for me Mika could have named it "Life in cartoon motion II" or s.th. - I wouldn't care :mf_rosetinted:

But "We are golden" is a beautiful title. So why not stick to it? :wink2:

I think it's great. Lots of albums take their title from the lead song. But, as someone has already said, it fits in with Mika's colourful image.

He could be brown, he could be blue, he could be violet sky etc, and now, he could be golden! It fits together so well.

It's a bit confusing having the single and the album named the same, but I think we'll manage to find a way to separate the two things.

For an artist that doesn't like to follow typical conventions, this seems to be like a pretty big one to follow. It's not very original despite what ever lame reason you use to convince yourself that it's a amazing idea. But that in mind it's only the title, it's the music that really makes it and that's sure to be out of this world. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

He could be brown, he could be blue, he could be violet sky etc, and now, he could be golden! It fits together so well.It's a bit confusing having the single and the album named the same, but I think we'll manage to find a way to separate the two things.

gd point to raise thzzz:thumb_yello:

maybe wag for single n WAG for album then:teehee:

I think it's a great way to promote the album.

Once the single is successful (which I'm sure will happen), people happen to remember the album title as well :wink2:

I don't really mind album titles btw - it's the MUSIC that counts....So as for me Mika could have named it "Life in cartoon motion II" or s.th. - I wouldn't care :mf_rosetinted:

But "We are golden" is a beautiful title. So why not stick to it? :wink2:

*agrees* :cheerful_h4h:

Absolutely brilliant idea :thumb_yello:

1., evokes sense of colour, being colourful, bright, happy and ready for some....:teehee: and fits in with Mika's concept of playing with colours.

2., We Are Golden, the single is obviously very strong and it can carry the album on its back, regardless of the rest of the songs - though we KNOW the other songs are likely to be all great, too. :wub2:

PS Ideally, you give the title based on the concept of the whole album... Has anyone heard the album to judge if it was the right decision?

Agree! I voted "love it" too- not so much cos it's simple (though reminding people of a good song is never a bad thing) but cos there are so many images to play with. I was really impressed when he did the circus theme at PDP- Mika made a theme loads of people had already done into something original- and that's much harder to do than to think of something that's not been done IMO. I think he's gonna do it again with WAG.

And as Robi says, WE are golden!

Unfortunately, so is his jacket.

I love it!

I like the idea of the title being simple. You have a whole, crazy, complex album inside of it anyways; come on, its Mika. You're always gonna have a crazy album. It can also show that, in our teenage, adolescent years, we kind of try to keep a mask, hide our emotions. At least, I do, and I'm a teenager. Try to show that we're fine, that we're golden, but really have problems inside.

I like the simplicity, and we haven't heard the album yet, it's probably creatively tied in with it.

I think its fantastic!

I chose the 2nd one, but it's not like I'm going to throw a fit. I don't even really care at this point. I just want to hear it already :lol3:

EDIT: I would love the title if it weren't for the fact that it's the same name as the single. It just confuses everything.

I put the first option, but I agree with Nono. I would have preferred the title of the record being something cmopletely different from any of the record tracks.

The power of simplicity. It may not be original. But it sounds solid, strong and confident. It has a postive and optimistic notion and I would want to believe that it is a bit about collective self-esteem. Thus I hope the We is not an exclusive We, but more a 'we-re-in-this-together'-We. Does that make sense?

However, I like it.

I went for the second option...

After LICM I personally expected Mika to be his original self, and have another BOMB of a title that isnt one of the songs' title too

but really- I dont care- I wanna hear it!!!

and I cant wait to hear We Are Golden on the radio day after tommorow!!!

:biggrin2: I have a feeling its gonna be awesomely brilliant! (Mika always is)

For an artist that doesn't like to follow typical conventions, this seems to be like a pretty big one to follow. It's not very original despite what ever lame reason you use to convince yourself that it's a amazing idea. But that in mind it's only the title, it's the music that really makes it and that's sure to be out of this world. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I agree with you on the last sentence, but I would argue that the reasons people have given for liking the title are not 'lame'. Many of them make perfect sense.

maybe wag for single n WAG for album then:teehee:

Genius idea :aah: The simple ideas are always the best!!