I've finally given in to the inevitable!!!

SunshineGirl

Hey everyone, I've been a 'lurker' on MFC for ages, but hadn't joined before now as I was concerned about spending too much time on here (to the detriment of everything else, too little time etc etc)...I know, what a fool! :roftl:

I guess, though, that I'd always known that eventually I'd join, it was always a case of 'when' not 'if', I've simply given in to the inevitable at last. I never was one to do things on impulse, LOL! Anyway, I have quite a bit of spare time at the mo. (peace reigns supreme in my house!) so decided this was the time to finally take the plunge. Very excited!

How did I come to be obsessed with Mika? Well, it was relatively late - I caught a few secs of him on TV at the Brit Awards in early 2008 (yes, I know again, what planet was I on in 2007?! :shocked: ) but actually didn't take much notice as I was doing something so wasn't giving my full attention. I do remember thinking though that he seemed very original, but thought anyone like that would be so full of himself and a real 'prima donna' (how wrong was I, he's such a sweetie!). Before that, strange but true, I hadn't actually even heard any of his music (although I'd heard his name).

I then next caught a few mins of him performing (again on TV) at (I think it was) T on the Beach in June (?) 2008. I was walking through the sitting room while it was on TV, and something made me stop in my tracks and watch him, I just thought he was so different and really charismatic. I was mesmerised from that point. Later got 'LICM' and instantly fell in love with it. I looked him up on the internet and then joined the old website, and am obviously now a member on the new website. Since then, I have been a Mika-Addict. Just seen him live twice, at Sadlers this June and Latitude.

Anyway, sorry, this has turned into an essay. About me, briefly, I am petite, am a 'mutt' (as Mika would say) being half English, half Indonesian, work in a school, love skiing (but rubbish at it), now really into music (having gone off music for many years "pre-Mika" as I found it so dull on the whole - since discovering Mika, it's like he's flicked a switch in my head and I've re-found my love of music, amongst other things). That's about it for now, before I bore you all to tears.

I'm really happy to be here now and look forward to chatting with you all!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I've been a 'lurker' on MFC for ages, but hadn't joined before now as I was concerned about spending too much time on here (to the detriment of everything else, too little time etc etc)...I know, what a fool! :roftl:

I guess, though, that I'd always known that eventually I'd join, it was always a case of 'when' not 'if', I've simply given in to the inevitable at last. I never was one to do things on impulse, LOL! Anyway, I have quite a bit of spare time at the mo. (peace reigns supreme in my house!) so decided this was the time to finally take the plunge. Very excited!

How did I come to be obsessed with Mika? Well, it was relatively late - I caught a few secs of him on TV at the Brit Awards in early 2008 (yes, I know again, what planet was I on in 2007?! :shocked: ) but actually didn't take much notice as I was doing something so wasn't giving my full attention. I do remember thinking though that he seemed very original, but thought anyone like that would be so full of himself and a real 'prima donna' (how wrong was I, he's such a sweetie!). Before that, strange but true, I hadn't actually even heard any of his music (although I'd heard his name).

I then next caught a few mins of him performing (again on TV) at (I think it was) T on the Beach in June (?) 2008. I was walking through the sitting room while it was on TV, and something made me stop in my tracks and watch him, I just thought he was so different and really charismatic. I was mesmerised from that point. Later got 'LICM' and instantly fell in love with it. I looked him up on the internet and then joined the old website, and am obviously now a member on the new website. Since then, I have been a Mika-Addict. Just seen him live twice, at Sadlers this June and Latitude.

Anyway, sorry, this has turned into an essay. About me, briefly, I am petite, am a 'mutt' (as Mika would say) being half English, half Indonesian, work in a school, love skiing (but rubbish at it), now really into music (having gone off music for many years "pre-Mika" as I found it so dull on the whole - since discovering Mika, it's like he's flicked a switch in my head and I've re-found my love of music, amongst other things). That's about it for now, before I bore you all to tears.

Hello, welcome to the family :huglove:

Hello:biggrin2:

No, you certainly aren't one for acting on impulse are you:naughty:

It's great to have you along. I am sure you will have a great time here.

I then next caught a few mins of him performing (again on TV) at (I think it was) T on the Beach in June (?) 2008. I was walking through the sitting room while it was on TV, and something made me stop in my tracks and watch him, I just thought he was so different and really charismatic. I was mesmerised from that point. Later got 'LICM' and instantly fell in love with it.

Welcome to the MFC! I loved your intro! The bolded part is exactly what happened to me, but back in 2007 when the Grace Kelly vid was on :teehee: And oh yeah, I was actually cleaning at the moment :aah: Funny how you remember these things....

:welcomeani:

Hey, welcome, and what a fantastic first post!!!

I have to quote you on the bolded bits, because that is exactly how I felt when I discovered Mika: it was like suddenly, I remembered how I used to enjoy everything art and music related, things that I had sort of pushed aside for a good number of years, forgetting about how much I liked them.

So welcome here for many more years of Mika Madness :naughty: