The Ticket Fairy Has Arrived! iTunes Festival Tickets Giveaway!

Hi everyone!

I just won tix for the Itunes gig. I can attend the show(I have time, money and ofcourse I'm very excited!) But I have never been to London, neither England.

Can another MFCer meet up with me at the airport so we can go together to the festival?

I don't think I will be able to find it if I'm on my own...

I hope someone(maybe even a few mfcers) can help me out!!!

Dilek(from the Netherlands)

(or maybe there are Dutch fans who have won tickets???)

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

I just won tix for the Itunes gig. I can attend the show(I have time, money and ofcourse I'm very excited!) But I have never been to London, neither England.

Can another MFCer meet up with me at the airport so we can go together to the festival?

I don't think I will be able to find it if I'm on my own...

I hope someone(maybe even a few mfcers) can help me out!!!

Dilek(from the Netherlands)

(or maybe there are Dutch fans who have won tickets???)

Im chasing you all over :roftl:

Hello! :biggrin2:

:woot_jump:

PAAMETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were you hiding under a cave? :teehee:Ca fait trop longtemps!

QUESTION!! If there are any news about the guestlist situation or stuff like that,will the TF email us or will it be on the MFC?

Camden isn't really close to any airport as it is in central London. All London's airport are at least 20 miles outside London, which might be why no-one has yet come forward to help. Which airport are you flying in to? Even if we can't find someone who can meet you, we can give you clear directions on what public transport to use to get you into Central London and maybe someone can arrange to meet up with you then!

I can't find anyone who can guide me, or at least pick me up from the Airport, I don't even know which airport is closest to Camden.

Can anyone help???

We have many MFCers that live down there , post a thread if you get nowhere .. Im not from London so Im not the best person to ask ...

Jennie , babs , sariflor ... they are all down there

Sorry ...

Well, I don't know which is the closest airport, so I haven't booked my flight yet, also because I don't know if I can meet up with someone... If I can't meet up with someone I know for sure that I will get lost...I totally have no feeling of directions at all!:blink:

Another problem is that I need a place to sleep over...Maybe there's an mfcer out there who could offer me a night at her(or his) crib...

I can't find anyone who can guide me, or at least pick me up from the Airport, I don't even know which airport is closest to Camden.

Which airport will you be arriving in? Gatwick? Heathrow? There are at least 3 more.

There are express trains that take you from these arirporst to the city center - one of the major stations, for example Heathrow takes you to Paddington station and from there you can take the tube to Camden

here's the underground map - for example if you were to arrive in Paddigton via Heathrow express you have to take either the district line or circle line until you reach the the Northern line

so from yellow/green lines to the black one

or you can go to Leicester Square which aslos connect to the northern line...

all these journey will change dramatically depending on the airport that you will be arriving in - as each airport express train reaches different stations...

PM me if you have any more questions..

specialreports_2edb.London%20Tube%20Map.gif

I don't really know of anyone who lives close to any airports, and as for someone going out to the airport to meet you it is probably not really going to happen :blink:. London is massive and everyone already travels quite a bit in order to get to the venue.

I'm not able to provide accommodation either, and to be honest don't know anyone living here who can, so I'm not sure how the plan can work out...Some people posted saying that they had booked a hostel close to Camden, they posted in the itunes thread i think, so maybe you could check with them?

As for going to Camden there is n't much else that can be said after what Chesire cat posted, it depends on which airport you go to, but you have to travel quite a bit from any of them. They are all around 30 mins minimum from central london.

Ok. My name doesn't seem to be on that list even though I got an email saying I was in the first 50. I just tried emailing and got an automated response back so am quite worried now! Anyone help me at all?

EDIT: Sorted. Thank God!

Edited by Dazzle

Which airport do you suggest?

The "easiest" one as it's directly on the underground route is Heathrow. London City is also great as it goes straight to the Doclkands Railway , and Gatwick and Stansted have a train...It depends on where you get the best flight.

For anyone who is still hoping for a ticket, and didn't see this in the other thread:

i have won two tickets to see mika at roundhouse but i am not able to go :( so if interested please contact me.

nicole

Hello guys.

I am so sorry guys I haven't told you before, but enventually it won't be possible for me to go to the Itunes festival. I am so sad :( but I give my ticket to the following on the list, who will no doubt be very happy to get it. Hope it's not too late.

Sorry again.

Hope you guys have fun there!

The "easiest" one as it's directly on the underground route is Heathrow. London City is also great as it goes straight to the Doclkands Railway , and Gatwick and Stansted have a train...It depends on where you get the best flight.

Avoid Stanstead - there is a strike threat on the trains from Stanstead to London.

Heathrow has both trains and tube - the Piccadilly line will take you to the northern line, whuch takes you to the venue :thumb_yello:

Travelodges are cheap and there are several within easy reach of the venue -

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/explore_the_uk/?tab=map_find - put "camden gtr London" in the search box :thumb_yello:

Oh Lord! I keep reading the Ticket Hairy on my control panel! :sweatdrop:

I think the avatar was a bit of a trauma to me. :naughty:

:roftl: I think the image is actually called "Hairy Fairy". :wink2:

I'll tell The Ticket Fairy of your trauma, and we'll see if we can come up with

a kinder, gentler image for the next time... :naughty:

Oh Lord! I keep reading the Ticket Hairy on my control panel! :sweatdrop:

I think the avatar was a bit of a trauma to me. :naughty:

didn't you mention you needed to practise being tough for your job? :glasses3:

:biggrin2: