The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the UK album midweeks, Mika is not in the top 40 anymore...

Hopefully it will turn when he is back in Europe.

I was hoping he would perform at the EMAs but it doesn't look so... :emot-sad:

However, it can easily turn with 1 or 2 massive hits like Rain and I See You..

I remember Robbie Williams's first album was almost considered to be a flop after the first couple of singles but then Angels was released...

Totally agree , hes just drifted out of sight

2007 I loved seeing that album in the number one spot in asda and tescos etc etc for like MONTHS

:mf_lustslow:

This is kinda sad :boxed:

I agree, and Mika has SO much potential. He needs to do more promo here in the UK I think.

The thing with WAG was that it was played quite a while before it was released, and then when it GOT released people may have grown tiresome of it? Mika just needs to be a bit more...in your face I think. Like, be on the front of a UK magazine cover. Or do more talk shows.

And I never hear WAG on essex radio. If I do hear Mika on there it's ALWAYS Grace Kelly. *grumble grumble*

Hopefully it will turn when he is back in Europe.

I was hoping he would perform at the EMAs but it doesn't look so... :emot-sad:

However, it can easily turn with 1 or 2 massive hits like Rain and I See You..

I remember Robbie Williams's first album was almost considered to be a flop after the first couple of singles but then Angels was released...

That's true. I didn't forget that. :wink2:

Mika is number 4 in France. I hope he will be number 1 again with Rain. :thumb_yello:

TBWKTM climbs to 336,000 albums sold as of October 16/09!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

It hasn't been a month yet!

Mika rises steadily & sales in North America should be increasing nicely now with the 1955 Tour happening!

Bravo Mika!! Kudos!:woot_jump::woot_jump:

Worldwide?

That's true. I didn't forget that. :wink2:

Mika is number 4 in France. I hope he will be number 1 again with Rain. :thumb_yello:

this confirms france is the first country in the world for mika..and he's promoted the album very little (what else besides taratata?:blink:).

very good, frenchies!:thumb_yello:

this confirms france is the first country in the world for mika..and he's promoted the album very little (what else besides taratata?:blink:).

very good, frenchies!:thumb_yello:

We think it's not enought but thank you. :biggrin2:

In fact, he's promoted a lot more. :wink2: Taratata and le grand journal (he did them 2 years ago but it was a little thing), a lot of interviews for radio stations (Virgin Radio, RTL2, RFM, RTL, France info, NRJ, what else? :naughty:) and the most important thing an interview in the newcasts on TF1 which is very important because a lot of people watch it every evening. You could notice he knew it because we could feel he was nervous and really concentrated.

We hope (and i think) he'll sell a lot more as soon as "Rain" will be spread on many radio stations.

Edited by Pamette

Totally agree , hes just drifted out of sight

2007 I loved seeing that album in the number one spot in asda and tescos etc etc for like MONTHS

:mf_lustslow:

This is kinda sad :boxed:

I know. Even though he is making steady headway in the US and is still popular in Europe, it makes me sad that the album just hasn't made much impression over here :emot-sad:

I just hope Rain can get decent airplay and boost album sales somehow.

I know. Even though he is making steady headway in the US and is still popular in Europe, it makes me sad that the album just hasn't made much impression over here :emot-sad:

I just hope Rain can get decent airplay and boost album sales somehow.

Same. He deserves every bit of success. There should have been a bigger build up for the album. The only time I saw the album advertised was the day it was released!

Same. He deserves every bit of success. There should have been a bigger build up for the album. The only time I saw the album advertised was the day it was released!

I'm not so sure it's even down to that; I think there was quite a bit of promotion that went into the album. Although, we always see it from a fan point of view don't we, we see every bit of promo that exists :teehee:, whereas the ordinary person in the street might NOT have seen all the promo. I don't know. I don't know what to think about that :blink:

I just feel it's something else. I just think the record buying public in the UK don't generally get Mika, simple as that, and he doesn't have novelty value like he had first time around. Also, the competition in the pop market is much much fiercer this time around (and let's not forget WHO kickstarted the resurgence of pop in this country in 2007 :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:).

The more I think about it though, the more I find it really depressing that the album isn't even on the TOP 40 anymore :dunno:

I'm not so sure it's even down to that; I think there was quite a bit of promotion that went into the album. Although, we always see it from a fan point of view don't we, we see every bit of promo that exists :teehee:, whereas the ordinary person in the street might NOT have seen all the promo. I don't know. I don't know what to think about that :blink:

I just feel it's something else. I just think the record buying public in the UK don't generally get Mika, simple as that, and he doesn't have novelty value like he had first time around. Also, the competition in the pop market is much much fiercer this time around (and let's not forget WHO kickstarted the resurgence of pop in this country in 2007 :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:).

The more I think about it though, the more I find it really depressing that the album isn't even on the TOP 40 anymore :dunno:

Yes I agree, but TMWKTM had SUCH raving reviews and reviews were posted everywhere (whey-hey - a good bit of promo) whereas LiCM was much more mixed, so....HOW?

Yes I agree, but TMWKTM had SUCH raving reviews and reviews were posted everywhere (whey-hey - a good bit of promo) whereas LiCM was much more mixed, so....HOW?

Second Album Syndrome??

We thought he had avoided it but it seems to have happened nonetheless. :dunno: Even when you do a GOOD second album, there are obviously evil forces at work to thwart you :teehee:.

Well, I have to say, the album is 152 on Billboard's top 200 in the States,

which surprises me -- surprises me that it's there at all! I'm glad, of course.

But it seems to be falling -- was 141 last week, so maybe, hopefully, these

US TV appearances and the release of the new single will stimulate some

interest and nudge it back up. :thumb_yello:

I just think that the public like novelty. Mika was novel in 2007, but is not anymore because there are so many people doing pop songs. But the irony is, Mika started it all off again.

I think the public tend to go for the new big thing. We only have to think about Alexandra Burke and Cheryl Cole having record sales of their singles, when both songs would only be good enough for Mika's rubbish bin. I think when Mika came along, he was the new big thing, and then the public moved on to the next one.

However, Mika does have his British fans, he's also doing well in Europe and breaking into America better this time around. I really think we have to look at the big picture and not get depressed about it. We don't know what's round the corner for Mika. He's in it for the long haul, and in the long run, I think he will be a huge success.

I just think that the public like novelty. Mika was novel in 2007, but is not anymore because there are so many people doing pop songs. But the irony is, Mika started it all off again.

I think the public tend to go for the new big thing. We only have to think about Alexandra Burke and Cheryl Cole having record sales of their singles, when both songs would only be good enough for Mika's rubbish bin. I think when Mika came along, he was the new big thing, and then the public moved on to the next one.

However, Mika does have his British fans, he's also doing well in Europe and breaking into America better this time around. I really think we have to look at the big picture and not get depressed about it. We don't know what's round the corner for Mika. He's in it for the long haul, and in the long run, I think he will be a huge success.

Oh yes of course, Mika's doing a lot better in the US than he was two years ago, so that's a definite improvement. I just wish he was more liked in the UK!

And I have a feeling Mika might like Alexandra's single :teehee:

I don't know why. I can see him singing it quietly to himself while...I dunno, washing the dishes or something LOL.

You are always so positive Marilyn. Of course we should concentrate on the positives, and there are many, like the fact that after all he HAS made a GOOD second album which has got mostly very favourable reviews.

Oh yes of course, Mika's doing a lot better in the US than he was two years ago, so that's a definite improvement. I just wish he was more liked in the UK!

And I have a feeling Mika might like Alexandra's single :teehee:

I don't know why. I can see him singing it quietly to himself while...I dunno, washing the dishes or something LOL.

Do you think so, about Burke's effort?? :blink: For some reason I think he would prefer Cheryl's song. I actually think Fight For This Love is a great pop song. I don't rate Cheryl, but at least they did give her a good song. IMHO :teehee:.

I must say .. I question a lot , a hell of a lot

But I would never plaster all over the MFC how I feel at the moment

Theres not a damn thing I can do

Shame:boxed:

Hear hear. I'm the same. Let's just say i wouldn't have chosen WAG as the first single...:mf_rosetinted:

Promotion is key aswell... A viral fan made lipdub video of rain would be awesome...:naughty: it gets people more into the song..example...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcOFN_VBVo

Rain is released close to a month's time but yet haven't seen the video once yet.:blink:

Edited by Showtunes17

Hear hear. I'm the same. Let's just say i wouldn't have chosen WAG as the first single...:mf_rosetinted: Promotion is key aswell... A viral fan made lipdub video of rain would be awesome...:naughty:

Rain is released close to a month's time but yet haven't seen the video once yet. :blink:

It's been on Mikasounds for a few days -- or do you mean you haven't

seen it on TV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVxQiIQgKqs