The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We think it's not enought but thank you. :biggrin2:

In fact, he's promoted a lot more. :wink2: Taratata and le grand journal (he did them 2 years ago but it was a little thing), a lot of interviews for radio stations (Virgin Radio, RTL2, RFM, RTL, France info, NRJ, what else? :naughty:) and the most important thing an interview in the newcasts on TF1 which is very important because a lot of people watch it every evening. You could notice he knew it because we could feel he was nervous and really concentrated.

We hope (and i think) he'll sell a lot more as soon as "Rain" will be spread on many radio stations.

thanks for this survey pamette, now my task is to find out if i have all those downloads in my pc!:biggrin2:

You are always so positive Marilyn. Of course we should concentrate on the positives, and there are many, like the fact that after all he HAS made a GOOD second album which has got mostly very favourable reviews.

Do you think so, about Burke's effort?? :blink: For some reason I think he would prefer Cheryl's song. I actually think Fight For This Love is a great pop song. I don't rate Cheryl, but at least they did give her a good song. IMHO :teehee:.

I think the problem is, we are judging the new album by the runnaway success of LICM. If we think of it as a stand alone album and don't compare it to LICM, we'll see that he hasn't done too badly. It did get to number 4 and a lot of albums don't even get that high.

It's also, still a new album and I think the sales will be steady. There is also Christmas to think of, when people are looking for great Christmas presents. My brother and sister in-law are getting a copy of the album from us. If enough people give the album as a present for someone, that will help spread the Mika magic.

There's also the strong rumour that Boyzone - with Stephen's last recording - might be releasing a Mika song. If that comes to pass it will increase his profile and hopefully, the respect over here in the UK. Also, remember he's on the bill at the RAH, will other artists. That's going to be on TV and will be ratings gold! All Mika needs to do is, what he does best, a great performance, and that appearance will help him too.

It's like I said before. Look at the big picture. I've lived long enough to have learned that valuable lesson.

Hear hear. I'm the same. Let's just say i wouldn't have chosen WAG as the first single...:mf_rosetinted:

I think that is the point...

If you remember the mixed reaction the song itself got from Mika's own fans, it is easy to see what the perception of the 'general public' might have been...

I think we all 'understood' it eventually and most of us like it now (perhaps because of the live performances), but WAG was not a good choice in terms of representing the album. If I were not a fan, just simply liked LICM, I wouldn't have bought TBWKTM based on its first single... It's not that it's not a good song, it's that it's not 'unique'.

Rain is released close to a month's time but yet haven't seen the video once yet.:blink:

I actually think that could be a good thing. One problem with WAG, for me, was that it was promoted too early ahead of its release date and I think people just got a bit sick of it! I'd be happy to not see the Rain video on TV for another week or two, to be honest.

I actually think that could be a good thing. One problem with WAG, for me, was that it was promoted too early ahead of its release date and I think people just got a bit sick of it! I'd be happy to not see the Rain video on TV for another week or two, to be honest.

Also, I think it might have also been a problem that fans as well as the music press were familiar with half of the tracks even before the release of the album - all from legal sources, since he did play the new songs on the acoustic tour... Besides, Songs for Sorrow included two of them.

My point is that if you know the songs already you cannot really be enthusiastic about any new album and do not eagerly await the release date.

TBWKM now no 6 on French charts, no 10 on Spanish charts and no 18 on Italian charts, not too bad. I don't think that Mika will do bankruptcy soon. :biggrin2: French people seem to like Rain quite a lot and it might do very well on single charts there.

Same here! Usually channel 4 show the first look at a new pop video, usually late on a friday night, repeated the next morning on T4. But we don't need to see rain on TV yet. Another couple of weeks should be just the right time.

Btw, another way we can help Mika's profile is by getting him the BEST EUROPEAN MALE at the EMAs

See my siggy below. We have until the beginning of November to make sure that statue is Mika's

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

arrgh ok just saw the rain video on the box and it was NO.1 in the new music videos breakers chart, ahead of BEP, Dizzie rascal and lily allen:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

It's starting :naughty:

How is the No. 1 determined in that chart? I don't know much about how music TV works :blush-anim-cl:

arrgh ok just saw the rain video on the box and it was NO.1 in the new music videos breakers chart, ahead of BEP, Dizzie rascal and lily allen:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

It's starting :naughty:

Oh wow! That's brilliant news! But then, Mika is quite gorgeous in that video isn't he!!

I don´t know about this things :blush-anim-cl:, how many albums must be sold to get gold or platinum? Every country for itself? Can anyone delighten me?? :teehee:

Yep each country is different

In the UK it's :

Album

Silver 60,000 Gold 100,000 Platinum 300,000