The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

I'm hopeless with numbers, but when he gets to 500,000, won't that be half a million he's sold up to now?

It's really great news!

The 500,000 units "shipped" would earn Mika a Gold Record.

He should have already been given it - except I am surprised there hasn't been some news about it??

The record companies like to make a big deal out of these things & rightfuly so.

One million units shipped will earn Mika a Platinum Record.

Two million shipped will earn Mika a Double Platinum Record.

Edited by Kodes100

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 500,000 units "shipped" would earn Mika a Gold Record.

He should have already been given it - except I am surprised there hasn't been some news about it??

The record companies like to make a big deal out of these things & rightfuly so.

One million units shipped will earn Mika a Platinum Record.

Two million shipped will earn Mika a Double Platinum Record.

CONGRATS MIKA!

YOU SHOULD HAVE EARNED A GOLD RECORD FOR TBWKTM!

are these discs based on world sales then? I thought they were by country?

...Last weekend I posted how sad :emot-sad: it was that HMV were already selling TBWKTM for £6.99 (even thought it was released less than 2 months ago) but now they're selling the album for the absolute bargain price of £4.99 :yikes:

That's surely a reasonably priced Christmas pressie for people to give eh?! :newyear: Fingers crossed sales will go up as a result of this mad price drop and maybe MIKA will win some new fans...

...Last weekend I posted how sad :emot-sad: it was that HMV were already selling TBWKTM for £6.99 (even thought it was released less than 2 months ago) but now they're selling the album for the absolute bargain price of £4.99 :yikes:

That's surely a reasonably priced Christmas pressie for people to give eh?! :newyear: Fingers crossed sales will go up as a result of this mad price drop and maybe MIKA will win some new fans...

Yes that might be a good tactic. Many people might consider buying the album as a stocking-filler at that price! It will get more people buying it and listening to his album.

The newest units sold are out at World Wide Albums.

TBWKTM has sold 461,000 units as of today.

That's not that much compared to the last few weeks.:boxed:

I agree WAG was a bad choice - I was really disappointed when I heard it, although I think its a fun stadium song that probably sounds best live. The chorus is really meaningless, whereas Grace Kelly was very witty which helped.

Rain on the other hand is great so hopefully will do well, but I don't think the video is going to help his cause much. I love it, but non-Mika-ites might find it too 'camp'.

Never mind, bet his third album is great, the pressure will be off a bit! He's brilliant so its going to come through...

lmao. I actually thought Rain was one of his least camp video's.

lmao. I actually thought Rain was one of his least camp video's.

I didn't think it was camp either.

I've never even seen TBWKTM in our Morrisons shop ... not even the week it was released ..... :( LICM was there constantly .... I think it's quite sad actually :tears:

I didn't even see it in my very own Sainsbury's...I think I saw it in the Southend one, though...

It only took me about three days of listening to TBWKTM for me to not only love it & every song on it but love it more than LICM.

I didn't think that was even a possiblilty.

If someone had asked me a few days before hearing all of TBWKTM - I would have laughed at the suggestion of me possibly liking it more than LICM.

Why it isn't selling like hot cakes - I don't have a clue.

I wish I did.

Then we - his fans - could form a plan & do something about it.

I do know one thing - this isn't a sprint.

The sales of TBWKTM will pick up more & more over time with Mika out there promoting & touring.

I still love evry one of the tracks & have a difficult time deciding which song is my favourite.

I am thoroughly convinced that two years down the road the sales of TBWKTM will have proven we were on to something & knew it earlier than everybody else.

I also trust that Mika knows what he is doing.

I don't see him panicking.

Kudos Mika!

It only took me about three days of listening to TBWKTM for me to not only love it & every song on it but love it more than LICM.

I didn't think that was even a possiblilty.

If someone had asked me a few days before hearing all of TBWKTM - I would have laughed at the suggestion of me possibly liking it more than LICM.

Why it isn't selling like hot cakes - I don't have a clue.

I wish I did.

Then we - his fans - could form a plan & do something about it.

I do know one thing - this isn't a sprint.

The sales of TBWKTM will pick up more & more over time with Mika out there promoting & touring.

I still love evry one of the tracks & have a difficult time deciding which song is my favourite.

I am thoroughly convinced that two years down the road the sales of TBWKTM will have proven we were on to something & knew it earlier than everybody else.

I also trust that Mika knows what he is doing.

I don't see him panicking.

Kudos Mika!

The only thing we can do is leave comments everywhere we can, when articles about Mika are posted on here. I left a long comment the other day on the Mirror site, when an article from The Mirror was posted here.

I said I couldn't understand the mixed reaction to 'Boy', and I named the two songs 'I See You', and 'Pick Up Off The Floor' as examples of his talent as a true maestro. I think that if, when people comment, they do name certain songs that they love on the album, that might get curious people onto Youtube, then out to the shops!

The only thing we can do is leave comments everywhere we can, when articles about Mika are posted on here. I left a long comment the other day on the Mirror site, when an article from The Mirror was posted here.

I said I couldn't understand the mixed reaction to 'Boy', and I named the two songs 'I See You', and 'Pick Up Off The Floor' as examples of his talent as a true maestro. I think that if, when people comment, they do name certain songs that they love on the album, that might get curious people onto Youtube, then out to the shops!

Commenting everywhere here & posting photos & articles here are fun & interesting things to do & read.

They serve as a platform for us.

We are entertaining ourselves.

They also show Mika that his gifts, his hard work & his personallity are very much appreciated.

BUT

I haven't really thought this out - But what the heck here we go - we are his Official Fan Club - why can't we organize the fans that frequent here to do something to help promote Mika - as well as comment, flatter, criticize, complain, admire etc. etc.

Start a new thread where we would:

- Contact Radio stations in specific areas around the world to request Mika songs.

- Mika or something about Mika should be a Trending Topic at twitter at least once a week.

- Contact specific television shows and specials that we would like to see Mika perform on.

There has to be many more things we could do.

I know in the past a few Fan Clubs have made some real significant differences in their singers, dancers or stars' lives.

There are some very bright & creative people that gather here frequently.

Like I said I haven't really thought this out but why aren't we doing something concrete to help?

I just don't understand why such a good album is NOT selling at an incredible rate.

I am only on my second cup of coffee.

I am probably our of my mind.:shocked::boxed::insane:

But it still comes back to:

IS THERE SOMETHING WE COULD DO??

Commenting everywhere here & posting photos & articles here are fun & interesting things to do & read.

They also show Mika that his gifts, his hard work & his personallity are very much appreciated.

BUT

I haven't really thought this out - But what the heck here we go - we are his Official Fan Club - why can't we organize the fans that frequent here to do something to help promote Mika - as well as comment, flatter, criticize, complain, admire etc. etc.

- Contact Radio stations in specific areas around the world to request Mika songs.

- Mika or something about Mika should be a Trending Topic at twitter at least once a week.

- Contact specific television shows and specials that we would like to see Mika perform on.

I know in the past a few Fan Clubs have made some real significant differences in their singers, dancers or stars' lives.

Like I said I haven't really thought this out but why aren't we doing something concrete to help?

I just don't understand why such a good album is NOT selling at an incredible rate.

Okay, I've just become an editor on mikafans.net and have just posted the news about HMV selling 'Boy' for £4.99, to catch anyone who goes on that site, but doesn't (for whatever reason) come onto here. I've encouraged people to buy the album as Christmas presents for people.

There is a thread for promoting Mika in other countries, and each country has an agent or two listed, but I've always thought he should be promoted in Britain too, so maybe the author of the thread could allow it to simply be a promoters of Mika thread, and not just for foreign countries, or we could have a seperate one for Britain.

The other thing I'd like to bring up, agreeing with you, is, the Twitter Trending, which has been discussed on here, but will only work if people WILL get involved! We have enough people on this site to get Mika trended. At the moment the trends are.

#ilovemika

#MIKA

We need to trend the same thing, or it won't count. I've been trending both of those in my Mika related tweets. Could I suggest that maybe we also have a #rain trend as the date for the single approaches. If we could get Rain trended and if we talk on Twitter about the song and post Youtube links to the official vid or other live performances of the song, this COULD help the single to do well!

It's worth a try!

TBWKTM remains number 9 in French charts: http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/albums.php

Don't forget to vote for Rain if you have a Twitter account, it is number 6 now:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/live-twitter.php

I've voted for Rain! Thanks for the info about the French chart!

Some other good news is that it seems official about Boyzone recording 'Gave it all Away'. This will also help Mika as a songwriter. In the latest update on the 'Stephen Gately Set To Top The Charts etc' thread on the news section, it seems Mika met the boys by chance at the lift in a hotel in (I think) LA and told them the song was theirs. He's doing the right thing, and this will be a fitting tribute to Stephen, and a great boost to Mika's career too.

Okay, I've just become an editor on mikafans.net and have just posted the news about HMV selling 'Boy' for £4.99, to catch anyone who goes on that site, but doesn't (for whatever reason) come onto here. I've encouraged people to buy the album as Christmas presents for people.

There is a thread for promoting Mika in other countries, and each country has an agent or two listed, but I've always thought he should be promoted in Britain too, so maybe the author of the thread could allow it to simply be a promoters of Mika thread, and not just for foreign countries, or we could have a seperate one for Britain.

The other thing I'd like to bring up, agreeing with you, is, the Twitter Trending, which has been discussed on here, but will only work if people WILL get involved! We have enough people on this site to get Mika trended. At the moment the trends are.

#ilovemika

#MIKA

We need to trend the same thing, or it won't count. I've been trending both of those in my Mika related tweets. Could I suggest that maybe we also have a #rain trend as the date for the single approaches. If we could get Rain trended and if we talk on Twitter about the song and post Youtube links to the official vid or other live performances of the song, this COULD help the single to do well!

It's worth a try!

You bring up some very valid points Marilyn.

The Twitter Trending should be the easiest accomplishment each week.

Yes, we would need lots of people to help.

The MikaFanClub Twitter account alone has 4661 followers.

If we can get them & others to get together to help promote Mika then we could at least keep Mika's name out there.

When I have frequently visited some of the 'voting" threads the Mika Fans there are very enthusiastic & dedicated to doing something ( voting ) countless times per day for weeks sometimes.

There is a base of fans here that would help if we & others could come up with some specific things to do to help promote Mika.

BUT

I've actually tried that two years ago. :boxed:I called my local radio station a million times just to hear them say "who?..oh yeah, okay maybe next time"...or " sorry, we don't have that album".:shocked: Then, I emailed ELLEN, again two years ago and Finally, this year MIKA was on there. :naughty:Why did it take so long is what I want to know. TBWKTM is an incredible album and should be played everywhere. I STILL listen to both albums practically everyday. It's all the music I need.:blush-anim-cl:

i like your ideas kodes! :thumb_yello: another suggestion from me what to do is write reviews about mika's cd's+dvd's on the online shopping sites like amazon. it already helps if you write a little review, giving the top rating (on amazon it's 5 stars), that'll help the product in general. but it's also important to get a really good and persuasive review to the no.1 spot, this might convince some ppl to buy the album. so either write one if you're a good writer and can avoid to make it sound like you're a huge fan who'd like anything of mika anyway :naughty: or look for a good one and rate it as helpful, to get it to the top spot. for example on amazon uk the ratings in the top spots certainly aren't the best advertising (except for the deluxe edition, but it only has 5 reviews altogether so far...). :sad:

i wrote a quite long and detailled review on the german amazon website a few weeks ago, and 13 out of 13 viewers have rated it as helpful meanwhile, so it's now in the top spot. :biggrin2: good thing about amazon germany is that they show the same reviews for all versions of the cd, unlike amazon uk where they are different for each version... and probably if you write one for each version ppl will think you're "just" a crazy fan and no serious reviewer. :rolls_eyes:

about the twitter trending topics... i don't know if it could be done just by mfc, but we could try for one special occasion. don't try to make ppl do it every week or so, until we haven't managed at least once - so far we never got results when we tried, that's not really motivating. :wink2: the special occasion could be the release date of rain, but the problem with that keyword is, will ppl get that it's about mika and not about the weather? :blink: and if we use #mikarain instead, i think that was a p*rn star, wasn't it? :naughty: mika's song choice isn't making it easy for us, lol! :roftl:

You bring up some very valid points Marilyn.

The Twitter Trending should be the easiest accomplishment each week.

Yes, we would need lots of people to help.

The MikaFanClub Twitter account alone has 4661 followers.

If we can get them & others to get together to help promote Mika then we could at least keep Mika's name out there.

When I have frequently visited some of the 'voting" threads the Mika Fans there are very enthusiastic & dedicated to doing something ( voting ) countless times per day for weeks sometimes.

There is a base of fans here that would help if we & others could come up with some specific things to do to help promote Mika.

to be frank i always want to make mika a TT on twitter. but the thing is, somehow MFCers are juz not mobilised or organised when doing so..... juz like the #ilovemika tag, the frenzy only lasts for several days and then only a few of us are left to keep tweeting it. it is very normal for ppl (including me) to stop these online random thingy when it seems there are not many others doing that!!

i dunno if it'd sound silly if MFC starts a twitter TT campaign. but i myself absolutely welcome and even look forward to it!!!!! :biggrin2:

i like your ideas kodes! :thumb_yello: another suggestion from me what to do is write reviews about mika's cd's+dvd's on the online shopping sites like amazon. it already helps if you write a little review, giving the top rating (on amazon it's 5 stars), that'll help the product in general. but it's also important to get a really good and persuasive review to the no.1 spot, this might convince some ppl to buy the album. so either write one if you're a good writer and can avoid to make it sound like you're a huge fan who'd like anything of mika anyway :naughty: or look for a good one and rate it as helpful, to get it to the top spot. for example on amazon uk the ratings in the top spots certainly aren't the best advertising (except for the deluxe edition, but it only has 5 reviews altogether so far...). :sad:

i wrote a quite long and detailled review on the german amazon website a few weeks ago, and 13 out of 13 viewers have rated it as helpful meanwhile, so it's now in the top spot. :biggrin2: good thing about amazon germany is that they show the same reviews for all versions of the cd, unlike amazon uk where they are different for each version... and probably if you write one for each version ppl will think you're "just" a crazy fan and no serious reviewer. :rolls_eyes:

about the twitter trending topics... i don't know if it could be done just by mfc, but we could try for one special occasion. don't try to make ppl do it every week or so, until we haven't managed at least once - so far we never got results when we tried, that's not really motivating. :wink2: the special occasion could be the release date of rain, but the problem with that keyword is, will ppl get that it's about mika and not about the weather? :blink: and if we use #mikarain instead, i think that was a p*rn star, wasn't it? :naughty: mika's song choice isn't making it easy for us, lol! :roftl:

This is good stuff from Kodes 100, Melody and huikings, and Menthe, I've been voting for Rain. I like the review idea. There are several sites including Amazon and Play.com which sell Mika's album and I will certainly go on and write reviews, not like a besotted fan, but just a music lover.

I sometimes feel that a problem on here, when it comes to voting for, or promoting Mika is that things are in different places. For example, there was a seperate thread for the EMAs, even though it was also on the voting thread. People will often open a new thread, instead of using an existing one. But it would be easier for everyone if the things like, the voting, and the promotion threads were in the same place together, and everything voting or promotion related could go onto those threads. It would be much easier to keep track of everything.

As for the trending. I agree, #rain might sound like the weather, #mikarain might end up trending the porn star. What about something like #rainbymika? unless someone has a better idea.

Edit: I've just sent a pm to B!anka, who opened the 'Promoters Of Mika for Untoured Countries' thread and asked if UK people could join the thread. That would save us opening another one. I think we are getting down to some good ideas here, and it would be good to have a thread especially for our promotion stratedgies. If she doesn't want to change her thread, I'll open another one for Britain.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin