The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked:

:blink:

how am i supposed to get a copy.. ??

(mika should fire his whole team and get a new one with some friken' ENTHUSIASIM.)

I'm going to order mine from HMV, I guess. I don't know of any shop

here in my area that actually sells CD singles any more -- and even if they

do, the chance that they'll have Mika is slim to none. :sneaky2:

I was holding out for the MS store, thinking that might even get me a

few points (though why I bother with them, I don't know), but now I'll

just go ahead and order elsewhere.

As for Mika's team -- well, I don't think lack of enthusiasm is the issue.

I can be pretty critical of them (I think things, even if I

don't write them :wink2:)

but I don't think they're the issue here. This may be a record company

decision :dunno:

Anyhow, as I said, maybe we've planted a seed in their minds and they'll

look into what it will take to get the single in MS shop.

It's a term from smelting isn't it SoSi? The rubbish that floats to the top when you are heating metal?

Well I never! The random stuff one learns on the MFC :aah:. I use the word 'dross' all the time but I never knew that.

I put these good news here also:

Rain is going to be in Top 10 in this week's French Charts!!!! :biggrin2:

:woot_jump:

Thanks for that cheery news!

I was in HMV today and I believe TBWKTM (everytime I write that I have to slow down so I can think of the first letters :doh: thanks Mika...:sneaky2:) was number 53 on the album chart? :blink: At least it's there, I guess.

This was also where I got the Rain single from, and I looked to see if it was still there and it wasn't. :boxed:

I'm going to order mine from HMV, I guess. I don't know of any shop

here in my area that actually sells CD singles any more -- and even if they

do, the chance that they'll have Mika is slim to none. :sneaky2:

I was holding out for the MS store, thinking that might even get me a

few points (though why I bother with them, I don't know), but now I'll

just go ahead and order elsewhere.

I got my Rain single from Powerplay. I saw it and HAD to buy it. :D

Just to say that people do have him in stock.

I got my Rain single from Powerplay. I saw it and HAD to buy it. :D

Just to say that people do have him in stock.

In the UK, sure. Not in the US. :(

Well, they might have the album, but not the single.

Im getting very frustrated here in the states....I question the record company interest here. For awhile I was hearing things from radio station folks and independant music stores like "he can't be commercially promoted here because of his 'sexuality and flamboyance.'" I thought yeah, maybe it's a marketing issue because folks are rather small minded around here....but look at Adam Lambert now....we have an openly gay artist in the top 10 here in Georgia!

The only single to be found in any store I have gone to is Grace Kelly. That's just wrong! I live in the heart of Atlanta, not the middle of nowhere...

I have called different stations, and I don't understand how it's possible that major pop radio stations say they have never received any promotional material for TBWKTM, or that they don't know who Mika is. Why is he not being marketed properly?! :hair::tears:

Edited by pattycakes

Im getting very frustrated here in the states....I question the record company interest here. For awhile I was hearing things from radio station folks and independant music stores like "he can't be commercially promoted here because of his 'sexuality and flamboyance.'" I thought yeah, maybe it's a marketing issue because folks are rather small minded around here....but look at Adam Lambert now....we have an openly gay artist in the top 10 here in Georgia!

The only single to be found in any store I have gone to is Grace Kelly. That's just wrong! I live in the heart of Atlanta, not the middle of nowhere...

I have called different stations, and I don't understand how it's possible that major pop radio stations say they have never received any promotional material for TBWKTM, or that they don't know who Mika is. Why is he not being marketed properly?! :hair::tears:

I have NEVER believed the excuse that Mika's perceived sexuality is solely responsible for the lack of response in the US. I think it's a stumbling block for sure, but it's not a roadblock. And it's been proven, as you said, by the success of Adam Lambert, who is openly gay both in his life and in the image he often projects as an artist.

I think it could definitely be down to marketing but I don't know if it's entirely the record company's slack that's the problem. IMO Mika is too "gay" in the 1970s schoolyard taunt definition of the word. In other words, he's just not cool by American standards. He's not raunchy and wild and outspoken and in your face.

I also think it's a mistake to market him in the US the way he is marketed in the rest of the world as an exotic outsider. Americans like Americans in their charts and it makes a lot more sense to me to emphasize the fact that he's American than that he was born in the Middle East :dunno:

I have NEVER believed the excuse that Mika's perceived sexuality is solely responsible for the lack of response in the US. I think it's a stumbling block for sure, but it's not a roadblock. And it's been proven, as you said, by the success of Adam Lambert, who is openly gay both in his life and in the image he often projects as an artist.

I think it could definitely be down to marketing but I don't know if it's entirely the record company's slack that's the problem. IMO Mika is too "gay" in the 1970s schoolyard taunt definition of the word. In other words, he's just not cool by American standards. He's not raunchy and wild and outspoken and in your face.

I also think it's a mistake to market him in the US the way he is marketed in the rest of the world as an exotic outsider. Americans like Americans in their charts and it makes a lot more sense to me to emphasize the fact that he's American than that he was born in the Middle East :dunno:

You know, I have often though of the same thing! His father is American and he seems to have an American passport. I can't understand why they don't emphasise that a lot more!

As for Adam Lambert. He was on American Idol, so he got massive exposure from that show and people knew who he was. He's found his fan base. But I'll admit, it doesn't seem fair that Adam Lambert is considered to be acceptable, when Mika is not. But I think it is the promotion of Mika that is at fault here, and someone needs to sort it out and market him properly.

Yes, he's Lebanese, and proud to be so. But he was only there for one year of his life. I do think the fact that he's also American should be brought out now, to help him in The States.

Here are some charts updates from http://www.chartsinfrance.net

TBWKTM

France #25

Belgium #28

Spain #44

UK #45

Netherlands #56

Switzerland #60

Rain

France #5

Italy #12

Spain #22

Netherlands #24

Belgium #28

Switzerland #33

UK #72

WAG is still #37 in Italy and #67 in France

Belgium:

- Flanders:

TBWKTM #37

Rain #22

- Wallonia:

TBWKTM #21

Rain #5

http://www.ultratop.be/en/

Here are some charts updates from http://www.chartsinfrance.net

TBWKTM

France #25

Belgium #28

Spain #44

UK #45

Netherlands #56

Switzerland #60

Rain

France #5

Italy #12

Spain #22

Netherlands #24

Belgium #28

Switzerland #33

UK #72

WAG is still #37 in Italy and #67 in France

Belgium:

- Flanders:

TBWKTM #37

Rain #22

- Wallonia:

TBWKTM #21

Rain #5

http://www.ultratop.be/en/

Lol, I just wanted to say roxy :thumb_yello:

In this article, they say TBWKTM is double platinum..

http://www.nrj.fr/music-509/news-music-524/article/235027-ecoutez-rain-le-nouveau-single-de-mika-.html

Dunno if they mean it for France only ( which would mean something like 200 000 copies sold over here, i think...)

Welcome to the MFC CanWeSaySarah!:welcomeani:

That is terrific news!:clap::clap:

These Records; Gold, Platinum etc. are usually national.

Mika just received a Platinum Record in South Korea.

YEA! Some good news to celebrate!!

:woot_jump::woot_jump:

:shocked::shocked::shocked: