The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go:

This is a new year & these are the totals I have found to date.

On the Apple Itunes Charts for this week:

TBWKTM is in the Top Pop Albums:

#5 in Belgium

#8 in France

#10 in Spain

Rain is in the Top Pop Songs:

#3 in Belgium

#3 in Italy

#4 in France

#4 in Spain

On Billboard's Charts:

We Are Golden is #50 in the Dance/Club Play Songs Chart & has been in the top 60 for a couple of months now.

At Worldwide Albums TBWKTM is still at 636000 units sold until the new results this coming Friday.

An interesting note is TBWKTM is in the top sixty of albums sold for 2009.

That is in the top quarter of the whole chart.

I won't list them here but you might be surprised who Mika beat out.

I will repeat that I am still confused by the sales of albums this past year.

Bravo & Congrats Mika!!:thumb_yello:

I wish you even more success in 2010!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

That's cool, thanks for the info :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Would like to see the list as well and therefore second Sabine's wish for a link :teehee:

I'm finding it quite strange too. Y'all have prolly gone through this, but a whole third of his sales in France and Platinum in Korea too (was there more?) doesn't really seem logical to me...is it possible to find out the sale numbers in each country? :aah:

Hi Gary

if you won´t list them can you give me a link where I can look by myself :wink2: and thank you for this positiv review :thumb_yello:

O.K. I found it, don´t need a link

Hey Sabine64 go to worldwidealbums.net.

On the left hand side there is a column - click on "2009 total to date."

It brings up all the sales for the year 2009.

Mika is number sixty from the top.

OOPS! I didn't notice that you found it. Hahaha!

There was a report today that album sales generally in the UK were down 3.5% last year - continuing a downward trend. Worldwide sales are declining too. So in that context, 600,000 copies in three months doesn't seem so bad.

I'm finding it quite strange too. Y'all have prolly gone through this, but a whole third of his sales in France and Platinum in Korea too (was there more?) doesn't really seem logical to me...is it possible to find out the sale numbers in each country? :aah:

There is probably a web page where that info is available - but - I have never been able to get info like that MissPie.

If anybody knows or finds it please I would really love to be able to access that & post it here periodically.

There was a report today that album sales generally in the UK were down 3.5% last year - continuing a downward trend. Worldwide sales are declining too. So in that context, 600,000 copies in three months doesn't seem so bad.

That is interesting silver.

If you take into account that the industry would have expected an increase then figure the decrease - then add to that - most of the buyers or listeners of music are young people who are technically savy & have access to free music - the actual loss of sales in actual hard copy albums and/or itune purchases it starts to really add up to a huge loss of sales.

Or I am just full of crap & can't stand the fact that TBWKTM isn't doing better.:shocked::shocked::roftl::roftl:

Yep. I think we shouldn't worry too much. I went to a shop this afternoon and the shop assistant was singing Rain. :biggrin2::punk:

In my country the album is still too expensive for lots of young people: from 20 to 25 euros. Anyway, when I went to Fnac in Milan after Christmas there were only two copies of Mika's album left. So I guess he's not doing that bad. :thumb_yello:

Yep. I think we shouldn't worry too much. I went to a shop this afternoon and the shop assistant was singing Rain. :biggrin2::punk:

In my country the album is still too expensive for lots of young people: from 20 to 25 euros. Anyway, when I went to Fnac in Milan after Christmas there were only two copies of Mika's album left. So I guess he's not doing that bad. :thumb_yello:

:shocked: wow, that's really expensive. Here it is like... 9 to 15 I think.

There is probably a web page where that info is available - but - I have never been able to get info like that MissPie.

If anybody knows or finds it please I would really love to be able to access that & post it here periodically.

I went on the lookout, but I can't seem to find anything :dunno: Just charts everywhere. Did see Italian sales estimations on worldwidealbums though.

that's cool :punk:

:shocked: wow, that's really expensive. Here it is like... 9 to 15 I think.

Yes, here too!

It. Sales Estimation: MIKA The Boy Who Knew Too Much 36.323 36.323

I scrolled down that page, there's a LOT of Italian stuff on it, but no other Countries:blink:

*looks like here pretty much all chart pages are gathered per country. I don't think there's a sales numbers chart for each one :aah:

Edited by MissPie

That is interesting silver.

If you take into account that the industry would have expected an increase then figure the decrease - then add to that - most of the buyers or listeners of music are young people who are technically savy & have access to free music - the actual loss of sales in actual hard copy albums and/or itune purchases it starts to really add up to a huge loss of sales.

Or I am just full of crap & can't stand the fact that TBWKTM isn't doing better.:shocked::shocked::roftl::roftl:

I think things have changed a lot, even since 2007 when LICM was released. But since the new album has only been out just over three months, I don't think he's done too bad. I try to stay positive.

It is quite difficult to know the truth concerning the real album sales. For example on Wikipedia they say that Fall Out Boys would have sold 4 million albums of "Folie à deux" but on World Wide Albums site (which we use as reference) the album sales are only 844000. Who to believe?

Anyway, if TBWKTM continues the same way, it would reach 1 million by the end of this year which would be pretty good (if we can trust the WWA site).

It is quite difficult to know the truth concerning the real album sales. For example on Wikipedia they say that Fall Out Boys would have sold 4 million albums of "Folie à deux" but on World Wide Albums site (which we use as reference) the album sales are only 844000. Who to believe?

Anyway, if TBWKTM continues the same way, it would reach 1 million by the end of this year which would be pretty good (if we can trust the WWA site).

Is WWA about physical CD's or does it include downoads?

That may be a dumb question, but did he sell of the first CD?

I keep hearing different numbers everywhere!

I think it was about 6 million, but you will get different figures from people, because it changes alll the time and gets rounded up or down in articles & interviews :biggrin2:

I think it was about 6 million, but you will get different figures from people, because it changes alll the time and gets rounded up or down in articles & interviews :biggrin2:

Oh ok thanks!! Thats alot! :shocked:

Lets hope the second one will do as good :pinkbow:

Is WWA about physical CD's or does it include downoads?

Both physical and legal downloads.

From WWA site:

"As in almost all the charts over the worlds, In the estimations are already considered the sales from digital supports (legal downloads).Obviously is impossible to know illegal downloads data. "

Both physical and legal downloads.

From WWA site:

"As in almost all the charts over the worlds, In the estimations are already considered the sales from digital supports (legal downloads).Obviously is impossible to know illegal downloads data. "