"TOUCHES YOU" thread

Blue Sky

And when your hands leave the steering wheel is that when you clap hands for: "you walk away...HEY!"????:blink:

:naughty:

Not so much clapping, more using the wheel as a drum!:naughty:

So, not really controlling the van as such.

I won't be playing it when I have passengers, that's for sure:roftl:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the person singing is the boyfriend/girlfriend of the person they're singing about. (the other person is famous possibly) and thy're telling them they want their realationship out in the open cos they can't keep their hands off them. they wanna be their mother etc. cos they're the excuses they give the people when they see them together...

if they were famous then the line 'Never make you run for cover even if they want us to' could be in reference of getting away from the papparazi so that they don't know about their relationship...

i'm gonna tell you even if nobody asked... :naughty: a school day well spent!

the person singing is the boyfriend/girlfriend of the person they're singing about. (the other person is famous possibly) and thy're telling them they want their realationship out in the open cos they can't keep their hands off them. they wanna be their mother etc. cos they're the excuses they give the people when they see them together...

if they were famous then the line 'Never make you run for cover even if they want us to' could be in reference of getting away from the papparazi so that they don't know about their relationship...

Not sure fame is the issue here:roftl:

Still my fave.

:pbjt:

Looking soooooooo much forward to see it live

:pbjt:

Good thing about seeing it live, is there's no fear of me crashing into anyone, and creating a major traffic jam!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Interesting!

Unfortunately I think it is about posession of the other person.

It is almost obsessive.

Brother, Father, Sister, Mother - gee - will he/she be allowed any friends????

I hope I am wrong!

I really like the song but this is so Mika - "not nice" lyrics with an up tempo foot tapping music.

I like your interpretation better.

Mine kind of sucks!

I'm not over-analysing this song, as I think it's a pretty vague song with a sentiment at it's heart rather than a solid story.

I just think it's about some relationship considered inappropriate (the run for cover thing) and also about the admiration the singer has for the subject, and their desire to be something that emotionally moves them (like their relationships with the various people listed).

I'm not over-analysing this song, as I think it's a pretty vague song with a sentiment at it's heart rather than a solid story.

I just think it's about some relationship considered inappropriate (the run for cover thing) and also about the admiration the singer has for the subject, and their desire to be something that emotionally moves them (like their relationships with the various people listed).

I think so too :wink2:

This is currently my favourite I think.....seems to change on an hourly basis. I saw a great quote in a review yesterday (apologies if someone has already mentioned this as I only made it to about page ten of the thread) it was in 'London Life' and said that 'Touches You out George Michaels George Michael' which I thought was hilarious...and very true:naughty:. I would like to see it as a single in one way as it would be great to hear it on the radio etc but I think he would get slammed for being too GM.:blink:

I'm not over-analysing this song, as I think it's a pretty vague song with a sentiment at its heart rather than a solid story.

:thumb_yello:

fully agree..

This is currently my favourite I think.....seems to change on an hourly basis. I saw a great quote in a review yesterday (apologies if someone has already mentioned this as I only made it to about page ten of the thread) it was in 'London Life' and said that 'Touches You out George Michaels George Michael' which I thought was hilarious...and very true:naughty:. I would like to see it as a single in one way as it would be great to hear it on the radio etc but I think he would get slammed for being too GM.:blink:

That is a great line :thumb_yello:

Agree as well , its a great single and track :biggrin2:

Now I remember!

I remember what song this reminds me of lyrically - especially the part about family members :naughty:

K-Ci and Jo-jo, 1998: "All My Life", US Pop #1, US R&B #1, UK #8

At 0:37

"...girl you are close to me you're like mother, close to me you're like my father, close to me you're like my sister, close to me you're like my brother...."

:naughty:

Don't know if you guys agree, or if it has already been said, but Touches You reminds me a bit of Love Today at times ... however, it's very different, but it has the same craziness to me.

I'm so with you there!

It does have the same bouncy vibe LT does, perhaps that's why I love it so much, and why I dance around like a crazy person when it comes on.

I'm so with you there!

It does have the same bouncy vibe LT does, perhaps that's why I love it so much, and why I dance around like a crazy person when it comes on.

Yes :thumb_yello:

I am so in love with the 'this isn't a perfect love' part :mf_lustslow:

Interesting!

Unfortunately I think it is about posession of the other person.

It is almost obsessive.

Brother, Father, Sister, Mother - gee - will he/she be allowed any friends????

I hope I am wrong!

I really like the song but this is so Mika - "not nice" lyrics with an up tempo foot tapping music.

I like your interpretation better.

Mine kind of sucks!

He's already confirmed your interpretation. :naughty:

I can't keep track of these interviews so I don't remember the exact quote (or if it was even video or print :aah:) but he said something along the lines of it being about crazy jealousy. Where you're dating someone and so obsessed with them you that you don't want anything else to come between the two of you and want to be the one that's touching them all the time.

He's already confirmed your interpretation. :naughty:

I can't keep track of these interviews so I don't remember the exact quote (or if it was even video or print :aah:) but he said something along the lines of it being about crazy jealousy. Where you're dating someone and so obsessed with them you that you don't want anything else to come between the two of you and want to be the one that's touching them all the time.

Really! Huh!:shocked:

Now I have to start re-reading all the interviews.

I thought I had read & watched everyone.

I suppose that is kind of impossible these days as there are so many.:thumb_yello:

It is like a banguet around here during the last month & especially the last ten days or so.