I picture the One Foot Boy as a symbol for part of his conscience. And he's sitting on his shoulder - similar to those scenes where you see a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other both telling you what to do all day.

I was thinking something similar. For me One Foot Boy is like that little creature who was living inside Professor Emerald's hat in Doctor Snuggles. Both lyrics and melody have some magical old-fashioned children animation quality in them. :wub2:

So far this is one of my favorite songs. Can't wait to hear the whole thing. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One Foot Boy - the itunes clip sounds great! :biggrin2:

In terms of what it means, we'll all get a better idea once we can hear the full song but my initial thoughts when i saw the title was that it was about a person with low self-esteem - you know, he feels small or insignificant, as if he is only one foot high.

Though the other ideas on this thread are very interesting, to say the least...:naughty:

In terms of what it means, we'll all get a better idea once we can hear the full song but my initial thoughts when i saw the title was that it was about a person with low self-esteem - you know, he feels small or insignificant, as if he is only one foot high.

Though the other ideas on this thread are very interesting, to say the least...:naughty:

Now that's an interesting interpretation. I like it. 'Twill indeed be illuminating to hear the whole song I'm sure...

i love this interpretation !!!:thumb_yello:

Edited by John Alan

....could well be:wink2:

Can't wait to listen to the full version..

''Say you like me,

not with changes,

shut up and forget it,

(..) my faces.

All these colours that surround me,

all these places,

only drowning.''

Say you like me

Not with changes

Shut up and forget it

These are my faces

All these colours that surround me

All these places, only drown me

A couple of things I've come across that remind me of One Foot Boy:

The lyrics were REALLY hard to hear but the pictures were very telling as such!:wink2:

The story from the book reminded me of a little prankish figure who lived behind the access eye in our laundry machine when my kids were little! Listen to the stories of what he had been up to recently made them sit still in my lap long enough so I cold brush their teeth properly!:naughty:

But I guess that is as far from Mika’s One-Foot-Boy as it gets!:roftl:

The lyrics were REALLY hard to hear but the pictures were very telling as such!:wink2:

The story from the book reminded me of a little prankish figure who lived behind the access eye in our laundry machine when my kids were little! Listen to the stories of what he had been up to recently made them sit still in my lap long enough so I cold brush their teeth properly!:naughty:

But I guess that is as far from Mika’s One-Foot-Boy as it gets!:roftl:

Yes, it's the images, not necessrily the lyrics.

Ha! Yes, I remember those ages. You have to do whatever you can do to get kids to keep their mouths open for teeth brushing or even taking medicine. :naughty:

But YOU speak English, and if anyone else would've been bothered to add those 3 or 4 lines, I wouldn't have done most of it:naughty:

Ah, tomorrow I'll look back at this comment of mine, and will realize what kind of nonsense I was blabbing. Just like yesterday.:naughty:

I confess to not having read the whole thread (sorry)..but, has anyone said what they hear Mika singing in the very high falsetto part over the 'one foot boy, one foot bo-oy' bit?

I hear "Your mistake is to rescue me, your mistake is to rescue me, I'm happy on my own'.

Am I alone in hearing this?

I confess to not having read the whole thread (sorry)..but, has anyone said what they hear Mika singing in the very high falsetto part over the 'one foot boy, one foot bo-oy' bit?

I hear "Your mistake is to rescue me, your mistake is to rescue me, I'm happy on my own'.

Am I alone in hearing this?

I hear:

"your mistake if you rescue me"

:dunno: