• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know :naughty: That's why I said 'if' :naughty:

But I knew someone would prolly go in that direction soner or later and I figured why not me? :wink2:

He's going to have to talk about it in one way or another pretty soon, so I hope we'll see. :teehee:

This song is genius :wub2:

He's going to have to talk about it in one way or another pretty soon, so I hope we'll see. :teehee:

This song is genius :wub2:

I dunno. He never really talked about SITM and you know what most everyone thought about that song.

And if it is about being gay he'll never tell us. He'll keep it to himself.

I do really love it though :swoon:

Yeah, I know :naughty: That's why I said 'if' :naughty:

But I knew someone would prolly go in that direction soner or later and I figured why not me? :wink2:

Interesting and brave interpretation!:thumb_yello:

Lovely to read! Thanks!

I haven't heard the song enough to really have an opinion myself!

Well that's because he weighs 154 lbs. :lmfao:

That's REALLY heavy burden!:roftl:

I think empty loving just refers to casual sex. That whole verse reminds me of something early on he said/implied/maybe I just imagined (:teehee:) about being too focused on his career to be sleeping around.

That's what I think Christine.

Could the "one foot boy" be about the difference between our self image & what we really appear to others??

Well that's because he weighs 154 lbs. :lmfao:

Interesting and brave interpretation!:thumb_yello:

That's REALLY heavy burden!:roftl:

Yeah...154 lbs is probably typical the weight for a really tall, skinny, 17 year old.

:naughty: Must be him (his conscience).

I think one foot boy is about the pressure that comes from the difference between what we are and what others want us to be. :)

What’s a matter

with going places?

Take that gross look off your faces

Empty loving makes me seasick

What you’re here for, I don’t need it

People are think that the storyteller is too strange. The storyteller knows that they love him, but he dosen't want their love unless they really understand him.

I'll say nothing on your microphone

Till you swear to take me home

There’s a one foot boy eleven stone

He's sitting on my shoulder

The storyteller is forced to say something on somebody's microphone, but he doesn't want to do anything until he/she promises to take him home and let him relax.

I’m too scared to look away,

He comes here almost everyday

And everyday I push him off and tell him boy we’re over

The pressure is almost always on him. He is too scared to pretend that it is not there and he cannot escape from it.

MY OH MY

I think my mind is gone

I'm left here wondering

Was I crazy all along?

What do I do?

Nothing left but pray

Gonna shoot somebody

Help me drive this craziness away

I’m happy on my own

The storyteller is wondering if he had been crazy all along, because it seems that everybody is trying to tell him that he is crazy. He wants to be on his own.

Say you like me,

But not with changes?

Shut up and forget it

These are my faces

All these colours

That surround me

All these places

Only drown me

He wants people to like him without changing himself(like in Grace Kelly). Then he says that it doesn't matter if people like him or not because it will not change what he is. The world around him is colorful and people with different personalities are living happily. However, everybody seem to think that the storyteller is crazy and has to be changed, and the storyteller feels that all the places he goes drowns him.

What do you think?

wonder if it's about the same person he wrote "rain" about. i see some parallels. the person wants him to change and not accept him as he is.

I don't think it's the same person.

In that one it's him breaking up with someone else.

In this one it's him fighting with himself:wink2:

I am loving this song at the moment. To me it is the biggest grower on the album and really scarily addictive once it takes hold. I also think it's a track all non-fans and haters should be made to listen to. Like, tied to a chair and subjected to for a few hours straight. :aah:

I don't have a verbatim analysis of the lyrics as I don't like to analyse too closely. But the lyrics are some of the most interesting I've heard, from Mika. The feel I get from them is of someone struggling with inner demons, conscience, or split personality. I don't really want to analyse further.

I have an image of a short but hugely fat Sumo Wrestler boy, or something like a little fat buddha :aah: I see no reason to question that, it's such a nice weird image, I like it for what it is and I don't really care if I never know WHY!

:naughty:

I am loving this song at the moment. To me it is the biggest grower on the album and really scarily addictive once it takes hold. I also think it's a track all non-fans and haters should be made to listen to. Like, tied to a chair and subjected to for a few hours straight. :aah:

I don't have a verbatim analysis of the lyrics as I don't like to analyse too closely. But the lyrics are some of the most interesting I've heard, from Mika. The feel I get from them is of someone struggling with inner demons, conscience, or split personality. I don't really want to analyse further.

I have an image of a short but hugely fat Sumo Wrestler boy, or something like a little fat buddha :aah: I see no reason to question that, it's such a nice weird image, I like it for what it is and I don't really care if I never know WHY!

:naughty:

thats what i get!

Love your first paragraph lol :roftl:

Same thoughts here...

I don't want to analyse it like which line is said by whom and to who...etc.

..it's like when you are talking to yourself ...there is no clear dividing line between the different things you are considering...etc

I just love it as it is.:thumb_yello:

Same thoughts here...

I don't want to analyse it like which line is said by whom and to who...etc.

..it's like when you are talking to yourself ...there is no clear dividing line between the different things you are considering...etc

I just love it as it is.:thumb_yello:

I talk to myself all the time. I'm terrible for it. And yes, it's the sort of crazy conversation you have with yourself :teehee:.

I just received my Cd from Mikasounds: I thought airplanes were fast... not!

This song reminds me of Yelle's pre-show performance in Düsseldorf; I don't know exactly why, but I think it's the rythm and articulation. I like it!

Haha. Genius idea! It's like crack. I CAN'T. STOP. LISTENING!!!!!! :aah:

Literally. If I go 8 hours without it, I feel like I need another "hit". :freak:

I love it! Draw it for the yearbook! :punk: