Put your heart back in your pocket...

Hahhaaa that's exactly what I was thinking of. The fringe leotard doing a seductive little dance. Except Mika.... maybe would need a costume adjustment.

Or not :wink2:

well he can poke out if he likes but I don't think it will be a very sexy image lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed that it's not a cover...that he can write something so genre specific.

Like everyone else has said...it just confirms time and time again the breadth of his talent.:wub2::wub2::wub2:

I love it too.

I'm also very happy that we soon will be able to finally hear the full song, instead of listening to the Milano vid and being annoyed, cause we were afraid it would never see daylight.

I can only agree to that. The moment I heard the bit in the Milano vid I fell in love with this song, the lyrics, his voice. :wub2: I'm very happy this one is on the new album.

I love Pick Up Off The Floor (what I have heard of it), it's my favourite of the whole album at the moment.

His voice is heartstopping :wub2:. almost Billie Holliday-esque, and she had a voice that could move me to tears :blink:.

I wish there were a couple more bluesy/jazzy songs on the album tbh. I prefer this sort of slow song over the big ballads (I See You type of thing).

I wish there were a couple more bluesy/jazzy songs on the album tbh. I prefer this sort of slow song over the big ballads (I See You type of thing).

You know I do generally. I prefer when Adele does it. But I'm finding that I don't prefer when Mika does it, even though I thought I would.

I'm surprised that this is one of my least favourite tracks on the album even though I cannot find fault with it really. It just doesn't fit in with the album and should have been on the EP in place of Blue Eyes IMO. I enjoyed the EP for what it was and was really glad to hear him do a different style of music. It's something I had wanted for a long time and it was a thrill to hear it performed on tour and I have no doubt I'd love a live rendition of Pick Up Off the Floor too.

But I'm ready for the pop music again and really think this is Mika's forte and am much more excited about the pop songs than I was about anything on the EP or this track.

You know I do generally. I prefer when Adele does it. But I'm finding that I don't prefer when Mika does it, even though I thought I would.

I'm surprised that this is one of my least favourite tracks on the album even though I cannot find fault with it really. It just doesn't fit in with the album and should have been on the EP in place of Blue Eyes IMO. I enjoyed the EP for what it was and was really glad to hear him do a different style of music. It's something I had wanted for a long time and it was a thrill to hear it performed on tour and I have no doubt I'd love a live rendition of Pick Up Off the Floor too.

But I'm ready for the pop music again and really think this is Mika's forte and am much more excited about the pop songs than I was about anything on the EP or this track.

I 100% agree. :teehee:

I really wish I had this full song right now. I think it would make me feel better. Same with "I See You." I feel like I can relate to it a lot right now. I think the album is coming out at a perfect time for me, it's about the things that i'm going through that Mika already has and I know it's going to have the same effect on me that LiCM did, because when it came out, those were the kind of issues I was dealing with, and still am kind of dealing with. You know. Ah sorry I just dragged that on. I'm in a really weird mood.

Again with the Blue Eyes fascination :aah: personally I think it should have either been on one or the other, not both. Same with Toy Boy. I think Toy Boy fits less on the album than PUOTF. (Now that's a strange acronym if I ever saw one)

I'm quite glad PUOTF made it on the album and not the EP, because although it's a different genre, it's still a genre that people recognise. Imagine Lady Jane on the album :teehee:

Again with the Blue Eyes fascination :aah: personally I think it should have either been on one or the other, not both. Same with Toy Boy. I think Toy Boy fits less on the album than PUOTF. (Now that's a strange acronym if I ever saw one)

I'm quite glad PUOTF made it on the album and not the EP, because although it's a different genre, it's still a genre that people recognise. Imagine Lady Jane on the album :teehee:

I kind of see what you and Christine mean about Toy Boy and PUOTF not fitting on the album but for me, that's why I am glad they are there; they provide variety of style and I think one of Mika's great strengths us that he can mix styles and genres. Lyrically those two tracks do fit with the concept of the album so they don't stick out like sore thumbs, to me. Now, Lady Jane would have been a different kettle of fish altogether (sorry :aah:)

I kind of see what you and Christine mean about Toy Boy and PUOTF not fitting on the album but for me, that's why I am glad they are there; they provide variety of style and I think one of Mika's great strengths us that he can mix styles and genres. Lyrically those two tracks do fit with the concept of the album so they don't stick out like sore thumbs, to me. Now, Lady Jane would have been a different kettle of fish altogether (sorry :aah:)

That's it, add the cheese :lmfao::lmfao:

Have you seen this??

At 4.42 onwards, listen carefully.........:wink2:

An OLD video but it's there :thumb_yello:

for once in my life I wish they'd shut up LOL :roftl: (the talking, not the singing xD)

I remember all the fuss about what was in the background in Milan. It's great to finally find out. And it does sound good.

Vote for Mika on the Tweeterwall.

5 days left!

Mika is in 47th place!

http://tweeterwall.mallplace.com/tw/usa/mr-twitter

You can vote every 20 minutes.

Go Mika

It definitely won't let ME vote every 20 mins. More like once an hour!

''Walks around,

an empty town.

Sees his face coming around,

Every corner (..) stay.

Love is lost, love can burn,

but your love, will return.''

Oh My, never thought it would have cello's and/or violins in it.

Snippetsite: http://www.7digital.com/artists/mika/the-boy-who-knew-too-much-2/?src=alsoBy&utm_source=also_by&utm_medium=site

Edited by xlindee

I kind of see what you and Christine mean about Toy Boy and PUOTF not fitting on the album but for me, that's why I am glad they are there; they provide variety of style and I think one of Mika's great strengths us that he can mix styles and genres.

A most valid point and I fully agree with it.:thumb_yello:

One of Mika's strength is the variety of genres he combines on tracks and in albums. That's what is missing from pop music nowadays and that's exactly why they are comparing his works to Queen records from the 70s.

Lyrically those two tracks do fit with the concept of the album so they don't stick out like sore thumbs, to me. Now, Lady Jane would have been a different kettle of fish altogether (sorry :aah:)

Well, Lady Jane would have stuck out for sure, even more than Over My Shoulder on LICM. I am not talking about the lyrics - the music itself would have been 'difficult to digest' for most people, much more than OMS was.

I am glad he put it on record but keep wondering about the choice of words he used:blink:

Agreed, I don't think toy boy fits on this album, no idea why though. But Pick up is going to be my favorite song, I just know it... The high voice, the jazzy sound, yep :wub2:

''Walks around,

an empty town.

Every corner (..) stay.

Love is lost, love can burn,

but your love, will return.''

Oh My, never thought it would have cello's and/or violins in it.

Snippetsite: http://www.7digital.com/artists/mika/the-boy-who-knew-too-much-2/?src=alsoBy&utm_source=also_by&utm_medium=site

I'm pretty sure it's

Every corner takes on a similar stare.

I looooove the strings in it. I've always felt that strings or brass/woodwinds add so much to a song. :wub2::wub2: