Put your heart back in your pocket...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump!

This is for Blue Sky in case she is looking for the thread on Pick Up Off the Floor

Thank you.

Thank you....you cannot guess how exhausted I am...I am just about crying with tiredness/happiness/excitement...I'm all overcome now :tears::fangurl:

And here are the printed lyrics from the Japanese version:

There's a girl, thought she knew

what her life was going to do

Then she goes and falls in love and throws it all away

But a man can't decide

If he's made the right choice in life

So she comes home one day to find he's gone away

Put your heart back in your pocket

Pick your love up off the floor

Well your mama says to stop it

But girl, let me tell you more

If he's 95 or 22, a boy's gonna do what he's gonna do

He says he don't love you anymore,

so pick up off the floor

Walks around an empty town

Sees his face coming around,

Every corner takes on a similar stare

Love is lost, love can burn,

but your love will return

But if you're dragging it down you won't know it's there

so pick up off the floor

But girl, let me tell you more:

so pick up off the floor

Put your love, your love, love

Oooooo

Pick up off the floor

so pick up off the floor

Edited by Blue Sky

Thank you....you cannot guess how exhausted I am...I am just about crying with tiredness/happiness/excitement...I'm all overcome now :tears::fangurl:

Well, Thank YOU for everything you have done today for :fangurl: s you don't even know but you still did everything to please us despite your other duties in real life. :thumb_yello:

Much appreciated. :flowers2:

Hope MFC can honour you somehow for this and that you will see Mika in concert in Japan soon.

thanx for the lyrics - aww, i love them so much! :wub2: they're sad and happy (well, maybe optimistic is the better word) at the same time... i just can't wait to hear him play that song live! i was in fact thinking yesterday that just this song would be worth going to california for the gigs (which i'm still considering...)! :wub2:

I just read a review of TBWKTM in a french speaking newspaper. For the reviewer Pick up of the floor is the "morceau de bravoure" = the best one of the album. This proved once again that the reviews mention always different favorite songs.

I just read a review of TBWKTM in a french speaking newspaper. For the reviewer Pick up of the floor is the "morceau de bravoure" = the best one of the album. This proved once again that the reviews mention always different favorite songs.

Well of course, they're also people with different tastes, I agree with that one tho :roftl:

I kind of see what you and Christine mean about Toy Boy and PUOTF not fitting on the album but for me, that's why I am glad they are there; they provide variety of style and I think one of Mika's great strengths us that he can mix styles and genres. Lyrically those two tracks do fit with the concept of the album so they don't stick out like sore thumbs, to me. Now, Lady Jane would have been a different kettle of fish altogether (sorry :aah:)

A most valid point and I fully agree with it.:thumb_yello:

One of Mika's strength is the variety of genres he combines on tracks and in albums. That's what is missing from pop music nowadays and that's exactly why they are comparing his works to Queen records from the 70s.

I completly agree with this! If TBWKTM had only been a pop album where every single song looks alike,it'd have been a downer for me. The good thing about Mika's albums is that there are both pop-ish and sadder ones. It's like you're always "surprised" (for me anyway) ,there's something new..I don't really know how to explain it.

And concerning the song per se,I just loooove the beginning! Yesterday when I was at the store they put the beginning of every song on repeat and when I heard the first notes I instantly felt in love with the song :wub2:

great song!! from a different kind...very jazzy, feels like he's singing in a cabaret (with the begining) or in a piano-bar...

hope it'll be released...

yes, jazzy :blush-anim-cl:

I love love love the first time he sings: 'Put your heart back in your pocket' :wub2:

And I love the sound with: 'Love can burn', how's that instrument called? No idea, but I love how it reminds me of James Bond themes :teehee:

You mean the bell?

or the tambourine?

I'll agree with that... I absolutely adore it...

And concerning the song per se,I just loooove the beginning! Yesterday when I was at the store they put the beginning of every song on repeat and when I heard the first notes I instantly felt in love with the song :wub2:

I fell in love with it from hearing the sample from iTunes... It's a beautiful song...

great song!! from a different kind...very jazzy, feels like he's singing in a cabaret (with the begining) or in a piano-bar...

hope it'll be released...

I totally agree...

I'd love for it to be released, but I don't think it will...

• 2 weeks later...

Is this song supposed to be uplifting?

The lyrics in a way are kind of positive. I mean the story is sad but ti's generally saying "Life is gonna suck but you might as well pull yourself together and get over it."

That's a pretty positive message to me but the dramatics of his voice and the music make it seem pretty sad.

Kinda the oppisite of what he usually does, you know, sad words happy music.

I just heard the album in it's entirety today (although I bought it a week ago, shame on me), and this song stuck out as one of my favorites. It's got such a lovely vintage feel, I could totally see it appearing on The Beatles' Abbey Road album. It's beautiful.