The John Project (part 2)

mellody

edit: john's thank you message for us:

post that i was REALLY moved by the booklet that everyone contributed to from all over the globe and the gifts as well.

it's heartwarming to know that my little efforts to accommodate people are appreciated.

i can be a bit brusk and grumpy at times. but, always am thinking of how we can make it a bit easier for mika's loyal and wonderful fans around the world.

it's important to him that you are looked after and i try to do the best i can to carry out his wishes.

and, to get the kind of feedback from you in the form of this booklet and gifts that so many people spent time organizing is over and above any expectations.

just a thank you once in while is more than enough.

but, this is over the top.

thank YOU!

see you at the next show.

love,

jdb

:biggrin2:

and here's what the book looks like:

4403499737_c1bcd42a8d_o.jpg

i would love to start a new project for john, as it's been almost a year since he got the last present from MFC, and he certainly deserves more presents!

here's the thread of the last john project: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16765&page=30 - and here's my post from it:

so, after i had the idea to make a project for john (see thread about the munich gig last sunday), i discovered this thread. so great to see what you did and how much he liked it! :wub2: shame i didn't see it back then. but as it's been almost a year now, maybe we can start a new project for john? :biggrin2: he was so happy getting a few flowers in munich, he really should get more presents, instead of just always having to carry around mika's stuff! :wub2:

don't really have a good idea yet, but as fans in the queue in munich started referring to him as "dr john", maybe we can make something out of that... :bleh: maybe something with the artwork of TBWKTM, adjusted to john instead of mika? or is that too mika-ish, what do you think? i just have no idea what he could like... :blink:

i could organize this, but ingie, i certainly don't wanna steal your glory cause the first one was your idea, so if you want, you can do it, i just would love it if we did something for him, after he was so great in munich!

here's all the info you need:

e-mail-address to send in everything: john-project@mikafanclub.de

OR mail address via PM, if you want to send in complete pages.

deadline: february 21, 2010

mandatory part: your message to john, 1 Din A4 page.

i won't do any layouting for this, so whatever you want that page to look like is up to you, whether it's just text, just a drawing/pictures, or all of that. i will just print it out like it is. formats etc. see below.

optional: john-related gig memories from 2009, see this list: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725268&postcount=137 1-2 Din A4 pages for each gig, with or without pictures. if you can't do a layout for this yourself, you can just send me the text (and pictures, if you have), and i'll do it.

if more than one person writes about a gig, please decide among yourselves how you want to divide the space, or if you want to write together. :wink2:

optional: presents for john: lillibet has several things for john, so we'll make a little package to give him with the book - if you have any contributions for that, please let me know. you can send it to me via mail (address per PM) or bring it to london with you, if you're going there.

formats:

Din A4, which means 21.0 × 29.7 cm (or approximately 8.3 × 11.7 inches, but if you can choose cm as measurements, please do that).

please count in a border of 2 cm on the left side of each sheet - it doesn't need to stay blank, but it might be pierced or not completely visible. that means, don't put any text in that area, or any other important information.

file formats: word doc, open office otd, pdf, or common image files (jpg, gif, tif, psd,...) all are ok. just make sure it has the right measurements. alternatively, if you want to add some glitter or anything else that can't be printed to your message, you can send me the sheet per mail (address via pm).

it's up to you which font style & size you use for your layout, within reason of course (not size 6 or size 100 please :bleh:). but please note that if you want to use some outrageous font style that isn't common, you'll have to send me a pdf or image file (image files are not ideal for text though), as i won't be able to see your fonts in word, if i don't have them on my pc. if you prefer the standard look, just use times new roman 12 pt. :wink2:

participants: (green=stuff received,)

1) mellody

2) suzie

3) Kata

4) robertina

5) mariposa

6) KatrienVuerinckx

7) celien

8) Droopsy

9) sariflor

10) FOUCHONNERET

11) lollipop_monkey

12) sienna

13) Tiva (German MFC)

14) kanni

15) Graciosa

16) noa

17) IngievV

18) FREDDIESDOUBLE

19) foalbaby14

20) avoca

21) tiibet

22) lindemfc

23) lillibet

24) Fmbm

25) sparkly1

26) Mom4Mika

27) Lolliepop_girl

28) racinghorse83

29) yooligan

30) superstar

Edited by mellody

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i was asked to start a new thread for this, and thought probably in this board there's more traffic than in "general chin wagging". :bleh:

would love to start a new project for john, as it's been almost a year since he got the last present from MFC, and he certainly deserves more presents!

here's the thread of the last john project: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16765&page=30 - and here's my post from it:

ok let's collect ideas then, and maybe make a poll for them?

ideas so far, apart from mine (see above):

With Suzies idea, you could incorporate a flag of each country the tour went to, perhaps? Or the recognised emblem of each country?

Are we going to wait until the European tour finishes? if so, then this flag idea (or doing country /gig specific artworks and integrating it into 1 big project) sounds great...

if it's something to be delivered sooner, we maybe we can do something else, less time consuming, like.... re-writing the lyrics of Dr John and singing it to him before gigs:naughty:

if it's something to be delivered sooner, we maybe we can do something else, less time consuming, like.... re-writing the lyrics of Dr John and singing it to him before gigs:naughty:

hehe, that's also a good idea! :naughty: not the sort of "project" i was thinking of (think it should be something physical to hand over to him), but we could do that as well! :bleh::biggrin2:

Are we going to wait until the European tour finishes? if so, then this flag idea (or doing country /gig specific artworks and integrating it into 1 big project) sounds great...

Now that's a project I might even be able to make a decent contribution for :naughty:

i all go for it, it can be a sort of card to accompany the gift :thumb_yello:

Might be a bit old-fashioned and all, but I'd like to actually have the album before I start rewriting the lyrcis :aah::roftl: I'll give it a go on the 21st :naughty:

Might be a bit old-fashioned and all, but I'd like to actually have the album before I start rewriting the lyrcis :aah::roftl: I'll give it a go on the 21st :naughty:

Good idea, but we know you'll do a great job with it. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with:wink2:

I'm in. :biggrin2:

But I do have any idea what we could be doing...I will just follow this thread and try to help whatever comes up :wink2:

Same here!!! I wanna help, but I am not that creative at the moment!

I'm in as well! What an amazing guy he is! I loved suzie's first idea, something to do with the tour. Though I think it's a fine line to cross for it to turn into something that's all about Mika, you know?

If it focuses more on what we are doing before and after the shows and in a funny way, it should be fine. I believe we can present ourselves being excited about gigs and doing fun things without referring to Mika.:teehee:

If it focuses more on what we are doing before and after the shows and in a funny way, it should be fine. I believe we can present ourselves being excited about gigs and doing fun things without referring to Mika.:teehee:

This sounds like a good idea!:thumb_yello:

as i was there for this first project(i just see again the video of angie,here:http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/ingievv/?action=view&current=001-5.flv )i want to be there again,cauz he still proves that he is special for mika,for us,for all fans,and he is with the man again this year ;)

so,count me in!

I seriously cannot wait. :naughty:

I'm in! I love John!!! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I misread that as "I'm in love with John."

I was like "Shock! Awe! Scandal!" :roftl:

I'll try to be in on this, depending on what the project is, 'cause I think John is all that AND a bag of chips. (Do Europeans say "all that and a bag of crisps"...?) :naughty:

I seriously cannot wait. :naughty:

I'll try to be in on this, depending on what the project is, 'cause I think John is all that AND a bag of chips. (Do Europeans say "all that and a bag of crisps"...?) :naughty:

I read that too and for some reason it didn't even surprise me :lmfao:

ok, added a list of the possible participants in the first post. :wink2: please let me know if i forgot someone or added someone accidentially. if, after the decision what it'll be, someone doesn't want to take part, just let me know then. :wink2:

suzie, i like your idea too, but think this only makes sense if we have at least one person for every gig, someone who has been there and can say something about it - if we don't have that, it wouldn't be complete... and then, what about those who haven't been to any gigs in the last 6 months, what can they do in this? hmm... *scratches head*

but what i really like about this is to refer to the "john part" of the gigs... for example for berlin and milan how he helped us with the queue organization, idk, it could involve for example pictures of our hands with queuing numbers on it, and making something creative and john-related out of that... *trying to do some brainstorming here*, lol! :bleh:

:naughty: Never heard this bag of chips expression so I'm afraid I can't help.

I read that too and for some reason it didn't even surprise me :lmfao:

Oi, you two!:sneaky2::naughty:

If I had to describe my "relationship" with him now, it would be past the "being in love" phase and more like a nagging wife :roftl:. The other night I told him off for having spilled food on his shirt and looking dishevelled :lmfao:

Oi, you two!:sneaky2::naughty:

If I had to describe my "relationship" with him now, it would be past the "being in love" phase and more like a nagging wife :roftl:. The other night I told him off for having spilled food on his shirt and looking dishevelled :lmfao:

:lmfao:

Food on his shirt? Looking dishevelled?

Man, Mika must be stressing the poor man out! Working him to the bone, he doesn't even have time to eat without getting it on himself. :naughty: