• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Radio 4 interview...

"I am fascinated by sexuality. It is a part of the fabric of who I am. It defines my lyrics. It defines my music. I play with it and discuss it openly in my music. If you look at my new album there's a song that's called Toy Boy. There's tons. If you look at my first ever single. It's like they want me to be more butch so I go and come back and say that I want to be like a woman. Is that inappropriate for you? So people don't really care. I think my fans understand that."

I hope this finally puts to bed the idea that there is something disrespectful or abnormal about the topic of Mika's sexuality coming up for discussion on MFC occasionally.

"I am fascinated by sexuality. It is a part of the fabric of who I am. It defines my lyrics. It defines my music. I play with it and discuss it openly in my music. If you look at my new album there's a song that's called Toy Boy. There's tons. If you look at my first ever single. It's like they want me to be more butch so I go and come back and say that I want to be like a woman. Is that inappropriate for you? So people don't really care. I think my fans understand that."

I hope this finally puts to bed the idea that there is something disrespectful or abnormal about the topic of Mika's sexuality coming up for discussion on MFC occasionally.

Don't you worry Mika. Many of us just aren't brave enough to admit how fascinated we also are.

how much do i love this sentence? :wub2:

you can say you sleep with the devil himself, it's ok for me! :wub2:

and if you want to talk to us about how it's like...we'll have fun talking together! :roftl:

and if you want to talk to us about how it's like...we'll have fun talking together! :roftl:

Well said Christine, as always, and I agree!:thumb_yello:

A teeny weenie little thought has struck me though, what if this fear of discussing sexuality, Mika's or anyone else’s is an age related fear? If you’re young enough to be insecure about your own sexuality maybe it can be scary to see people discussing the subject so openly?

A question about maturity, not necessary biological age.:wink2:

Or am I trying to invent excuses for something else!?:roftl:

And now I’m going to stop talking to myself!:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by sienna

:biggrin2:. I have missed you Robi!

A teeny weenie little thought has struck me though, what if this fear of discussing sexuality, Mika's or anyone else’s is an age related fear? If you’re young enough to be insecure about your own sexuality maybe it can be scary to see people discussing the subject so openly?

I think discussing sexuality openly isn't easy for most people. It isn't in our culture. But it is already so much better then say 30 years ago!

When I have theater improvisation class at school, we have to associate words. So someone says a word, someone else says another etc. At a certain point there are always sex related words. Sexuality is part of being a human being. Usually we all have to laugh when those words are said, so maybe we are not totally comfortable with it yet. Our teacher encourages us to say anything that comes up in our mind and that is really difficult. I am starting to learn it step by step, we have the tendency to censure ourselves :wink2:. I don't know if that's age related or just human related. But it is probably why I am not repeating here the association of my teacher (who is gay) with the word man :naughty:.

Edited by Monie

I am a prude myself but people shouldn't project their own ideas about sexuality onto Mika and assume that's how he feels. Well you can make all the guesses you want in your own mind, but don't try to guilt trip others into not discussing things you feel uncomfortable with by implying that Mika has a problem with it when there is no evidence that he does and in fact plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I am a prude myself but people shouldn't project their own ideas about sexuality onto Mika and assume that's how he feels. Well you can make all the guesses you want in your own mind, but don't try to guilt trip others into not discussing things you feel uncomfortable with by implying that Mika has a problem with it when there is no evidence that he does and in fact plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I'm sure he likes tall women on top. :teehee:

Thanks Gay&Night. :bow: Now I can say this out loud. :lol3:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean....

I hope you mean the you's in a general meaning because I really don't do that!

And this is exactly why it is so hard for me to discuss serious things in English, sorry!:blush-anim-cl:

It's hard to get the nuances right.:blink:

I'm sure he likes tall women on top. :teehee:

Thanks Gay&Night. :bow: Now I can say this out loud. :lol3:

:lmfao:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean....

And this is exactly why it is so hard for me to discuss serious things in English, sorry!:blush-anim-cl:

It's hard to get the nuances right.:blink:

I'm fairly sure that wasn't directed at you specifically Sienna. :huglove:

Yes I only meant in general, not you specifically.

Maybe English speakers should employ the southern "all y'all" to make this distinction clear. :naughty:

Yes I only meant in general, not you specifically.

Maybe English speakers should employ the southern "all y'all" to make this distinction clear. :naughty:

Actually, I would get a better grip that way, as I'm a faithful Dr Phil admirer!:roftl:

El Pais (02/10/2009) "The Golden Boy"

Extract:

EP3: You´re a friend of Perez Hilton. A few days ago, he published in his blog comments from a german magazine where you have labelled yourself as bisexual. Have you decided make a step forward?

M: People say things like making a step forward, come out of the closet. And i think...what does it mean? In that interview, they asked me if i would call myself bisexual. And i told them "if you want, call me bisexual. Or if you want, call me gay. Whatever". In fact, almost nobody have published this, not even the tabloids. Because it´s not too much.

EP3: Is that a declaration?

M:It´s not only an extract from a conversation. When this was published, everybody asked if it was a mistaken quote, and the girl who wrote that didn´t correct nothing until i asked her personally. I didn´t say that, that´s why i wanted to clarify. I never felt pressured to make any statement. I believe my fans and people who know me understand, and that way that comment was received proves it.