:mf_rosetinted: I knew it from the very first day

I've been thinking he was attracted to both sexes for a long time (not necessarily the same way for both,like exactly bi, but still) , and so I took my thoughts about it as a truth (to me). So it doesn't surprise me much.

so, if that's what Mika is in fact saying, I'm adding my voice to the "I always knew it!" pile :naughty: I said this anytime anyone asked me about him. Not that I care in the slightest...I was never planning on getting with him :roftl:

Humanity always likes to classify people and creatures anything and everything. I've always thought it made people feel safer if they can attribute a description to someone or something. I think it makes people feel safe and secure knowing they can label someone or something. I think that is why most people are so curious to know.

I adore Mika for many reasons. He is a good looking man mind you. . I don't know how anyone could not be attracted to him when in the same age group man or female. My appreciation for his music is first and foremost. The fact that he's purty is just a added bonus. The only way I or most of us will ever see him is in a fan-to awesome sauce Mika perspective anyway. The idea of being chatted up by him is inviting and that's why people like to know where they stand and if they have a chance. And that's my round about reasoning for why everyone makes such a fuss about it.

I'm surprised Mika never bugs the interviewer about where they stand. I can only imagine that it must be annoying to get asked that all the time. I know in my real life I get asked quite frequently but only because I do not date at all and people get very confused by that.

Well, now I guess I'll end my ramble now *shuffles off to finish my laundry*

Hey! :bye:

Nicely said!

And the part I bolded...I'm the same. I think people I don't know for very long just assume I've had way more experience than I have had, and people who know that I'm just not bothered about it accept it but don't really understand it... :dunno::naughty:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika bisexual?!teeheewub2::clap::yaycheers

jajajaja:thumb_yello

i always suspected he was tbh:wink2:

I think it's more shocking that he's starting to be so open with talking about it, than the actual notion that he may indeed be bisexual. :teehee:

I'm happy for him, though. It seems like he's divulging more and more these days about sexuality, and it seems to be on his own terms; he could have stuck to his "I don't talk about my personal life" mantra if he were so inclined.

He seems to be a whole lot more comfortable in his own skin than he was in 2007; a lot more confident.

*high fives Mika*

It would be interesting to look into just how many people of his generation are of that perspective; that sexual labels and boundaries don't work for them, and they see their sexuality as a more fluid concept. Sexuality as a concept is quite interesting. :wink2:

indeed it is interesting

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

"And in other news, British pop star Mika has finally come clean about his sexuality.

"I've never really been able to say 'I'm gay, I'm straight, or something in between' because I just wasn't read to share that," he told us exclusively. "But now that I'm 26 - past my mid-twenties - I think it's time to admit it. If I'm being honest, there's really just one type of person I go for. I like older women, preferably around age 40. I like them to be blond. And this is the most important part - they have to be Canadian. Preferably from Ontario. It's such a cool province. Did you know my record producer is from Ontario? And he's in his forties, too. That's not a coincidence."

When asked if he had a specific special someone in mind, Mika began to blush. "Let's just say that I have my fingers crossed," he said with a smile. "But when I sing 'I See You' in Toronto during my upcoming tour, there will be one person in the audience who will know I only have eyes for her."

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

lmfao:roftl:

I don't even think the argument that Mika's sexuality is irrelevant to his music and therefore shouldn't be a matter of interest to us is valid anymore. He has said several times recently that it is evident in his lyrics and it's there for all to see. It's part of his personality and it's expressed in his music and I don't understand why everyone must pretend that they don't care about that when they spend hours poring over every word that comes out of his mouth on every other topic under the sun.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Obviously sexuality, and the transition in life that comes during the teenage years when discovering and experimenting with sexuality is one of the underlying themes behind the new record. Therefore, more than ever, I feel Mika's sexuality does have a direct impact on what brought us all here in the first place; his music.

I think we're all past the idea that any of us are going to negatively judge Mika or stop buying his records and going to his gigs based on who he is or isn't sleeping with. And I don't see discussing what he himself told the media to be some terrible invasion of his private life.

I freely admit to being interested in more than just the tracks on the CD; I'm interested in the "man behind the music." That's why you'll see me posting in threads that are outside the "Mika's Music & Artwork" section. And while Mika is a multi-faceted person with many different elements to who he is (just as we all are) his sexuality (and his changing approach to discussing that with the media) is one of those facets.

I HATE when the media tries to make him feel like he owes it to his gay fans to be an openly gay role model. People automatically assume that not wanting to label yourself means you're scared to "come out of the closet.

I agree. It's not Mika's job to be an inspiration to every person who is struggling with sexual identity issues. If he happens to say something that helps them, great. And that's why I love what he's been saying recently about how he'd encourage anyone in that situation to approach sexuality freely and not feel like they have to label themself. Smart answer from a smart boy. :original:

But the public tagged Mika gay 3 years ago and if he is in fact bisexual then he's labelled himself incorrectly by refusing to label himself at all. You can't avoid the labels by pretending they don't exist.

Still I think it's different now, that it's officially out there. I kinda liked how he made it a point not to give in. To be fair he was not exactly in the closet three years ago. I would assume that his environment as in family and friends were clued up a good few years in advance of the public. So I see the pressure coming from the media and the public in general and the gay community of course. But I don't think it was such a huge step to say it. I don't think this was the hardest part. I don't say he shouldn't have done it. Whatever floats his boat. Whatever makes him feel better is 200% fine with me. I can only state my very own personal view.

No one has ever said that it's ONLY sexuality. Sexuality is not the be-all-and-end-all therefore it's completely irrelevant? That makes no sense to me.

That's like saying there is no point in discussing the fact that Mika was bullied as a child because it does not constitute the sum of his experiences.

I don't even think the argument that Mika's sexuality is irrelevant to his music and therefore shouldn't be a matter of interest to us is valid anymore. He has said several times recently that it is evident in his lyrics and it's there for all to see. It's part of his personality and it's expressed in his music and I don't understand why everyone must pretend that they don't care about that when they spend hours poring over every word that comes out of his mouth on every other topic under the sun.

Oh no no no, I never said it's completely irrelevant to anyone or anything. I said it is a part of people's identity. I don't deny that. I just don't like the thought of people being reduced to what gender they prefer in their beds or on their kitchen tables. When I talk about experiences making a personality, of course this does include sexual experiences. Of course! Of course there's a lot of reference to the topic in Mika's music. I only say that there is also a lot more to it. Referring to sex in a song alone doesn't do the trick. At least not for me. If he wasn't the fantastic genius he is with all these ideas and images and brilliant, brilliant stuff inside his head, of course he could still refer to sex in his songs. It would just come out more like this.

I just don't like the thought of people being reduced to what gender they prefer in their beds or on their kitchen tables.

Kitchen tables! Naughty, naughty Mika. :naughty:

Oh wait. Does his flat even have room for a kitchen table? Oh well, there's always counter tops... :das:

If he wasn't the fantastic genius he is with all these ideas and images and brilliant, brilliant stuff inside his head, of course he could still refer to sex in his songs. It would just come out more like this.

:shocked::shocked:

*praises Mika's creative genius*

:bow: :bow:

Why was it important for you to have the mag and the poster then? I don't understand.

Why is this piece of news so outstanding?

I'd rather get a copy of L'Express Styles...if only I could. :tears:

I bought this mag and I can't see anything wrong in it. I'm old fashioned that way, I like to have interesting articles in my hands, as paper versions. I'm not planning to put that poster on my wall, I have had one poster in my life. It was a dog poster and I was ten years old. I'd like to get that Paul Smith mag too, because I find those pics very stylish and beautiful. And I would definitely love to get a copy of Spin magazine, find it very interesting, but unfortunately couldn't find it anywhere.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Obviously sexuality, and the transition in life that comes during the teenage years when discovering and experimenting with sexuality is one of the underlying themes behind the new record. Therefore, more than ever, I feel Mika's sexuality does have a direct impact on what brought us all here in the first place; his music.

I think we're all past the idea that any of us are going to negatively judge Mika or stop buying his records and going to his gigs based on who he is or isn't sleeping with. And I don't see discussing what he himself told the media to be some terrible invasion of his private life.

I freely admit to being interested in more than just the tracks on the CD; I'm interested in the "man behind the music." That's why you'll see me posting in threads that are outside the "Mika's Music & Artwork" section. And while Mika is a multi-faceted person with many different elements to who he is (just as we all are) his sexuality (and his changing approach to discussing that with the media) is one of those facets.

I think that is something I could have written myself. I find Mika a very fascinating person. He is so talented. It's very interesting to see what is behind his music.

Why was it important for you to have the mag and the poster then? I don't understand.

Why is this piece of news so outstanding?

I'd rather get a copy of L'Express Styles...if only I could. :tears:

i'm a collector, i love magazines which talk about mika, and when i can, i buy them!

i'll have the express too :biggrin2:

...request coming!

ppl in the uk/usa who can buy and send magazines, pls turn up!:thumb_yello:

"I mean, I’ve never ever labeled myself. But having said that; I’ve never limited my life, I’ve never limited who I sleep with. So, whatever. Even if I was going out with a man right now, I still wouldn’t tell you. And I wouldn’t tell anyone. I mean, I would tell you though, as my friend, but not as a journalist, you know what I mean? So, I don’t know. Call me whatever you want. Call me bisexual, if you need a term for me.’"

so? your point is...?

I don't want to insult you or anything, but in France he's getting chased around by the papz.

the papz=paparazi. Sorry but it's really rare that Mika be taking in picture by paparazi when he is in France. I saw Mika thousand time in France and no paparazi around him.

Ofcourse not, because it's not interesting to chase him around when he goes back to his hotel. It's when he goes out it's interesting to follow him and yes that happens in France. Just as well as in other countries, France is not all about his music for his fans and claiming so is pretentious.

Well, this is a fan forum. I think the most important side should be his music. I'm afraid we're just encouraging people and papers to talk about his s.o. and even sex life as if they were the things that mattered about him.

Mika can be anything he likes, it doesn't change anything for me. My life is here and his music only is part of it. He's not my friend, I don't know him. He doesn't know me. I hope my forum identity is just a tiny insignificant part of what I am, because I'm much more that what I appear to be here. And especially after MJ's death, I'm more and more willing to ignore what the press says, apart from things concerning the artistic persona of all the artists. :sad: What's more, in general, any artist may lie to a journalist and nobody could possibly be aware of that. :dunno:

We're not average fans here who care about his music alone. We also care about him. And yes I'm not interested in what he does in his spare time, but I care about the public Mika. If it was all focus on the music, this forum wouldn't have been so active as it is now. And the press will write about it anyway whether we discuss it or not.

You are so wrong!

If he is gay & states that he is forever he will be known as the "Gay Pop Singer, the Gay songwriter, the Gay performer, the Gay etc. etc.

Who wants or nedds that crap????

So, is that a bad thing?

On this web site the problem is if you are not agree with some people because you think differently and you expose your point of view but respect the point of view of others, these persons don't respect your point of view.

I'm agree with you Laura.:thumb_yello:

THIS is what a discussion forum is for. If everyone agrees there is no point in having a discussion.

Quite frankly, with all the remarks of "we should not talk about it, we should keep it quiet, respect his personal life..." it seems as if you guys want him to not talk about it, keep it quiet, 'hide' that part of himself and that feels so wrong to me. Yes in the beginning he made a big deal of not telling anything, but if he now decides to talk more about his private life (which you can't deny I think) then who are we to contradict that or tell other people off for talking about it.

Quite frankly, with all the remarks of "we should not talk about it, we should keep it quiet, respect his personal life..." it seems as if you guys want him to not talk about it, keep it quiet, 'hide' that part of himself and that feels so wrong to me. Yes in the beginning he made a big deal of not telling anything, but if he now decides to talk more about his private life (which you can't deny I think) then who are we to contradict that or tell other people off for talking about it.

I agree. As Christine said, we're discussing what he said in a magazine here not his private life. He chose HIMSELF to say this and wasn't forced in any way. SO why be secretive? Seems to be you're in denial.

Oh no no no, I never said it's completely irrelevant to anyone or anything. I said it is a part of people's identity. I don't deny that. I just don't like the thought of people being reduced to what gender they prefer in their beds or on their kitchen tables. When I talk about experiences making a personality, of course this does include sexual experiences. Of course! Of course there's a lot of reference to the topic in Mika's music. I only say that there is also a lot more to it. Referring to sex in a song alone doesn't do the trick. At least not for me. If he wasn't the fantastic genius he is with all these ideas and images and brilliant, brilliant stuff inside his head, of course he could still refer to sex in his songs. It would just come out more like this.

So very, very true!

It's all the little pieces put together in a person who makes us the person we are and it’s all the little pieces of Mika’s work that makes it the good music it is!:wink2:

Wow,

Thanks for posting.

I think Mika's amazing -I don't see why sexuality has to enter into every conversation between Mika and a journalist.

although I do think Mika did answer these questions superbly :thumb_yello:

Maybe not every time…have you seen my thread with an article from a Swedish newspaper?:biggrin2:

Of course it’s interesting but not that interesting, is it?

And on top of that he has said right from the beginning: I will not talk about my private life but if you are curious about my sexuality it is right there in my lyrics for each and every one to see. Well maybe not his exact words but….:naughty:

Maybe the reason why the question seems to pop up so frequently is Mika’s secrecy about it?

It’s exciting because it’s forbidden…. or is it the fundamental human reaction I was talking about before! Can also be called curiosity?:wink2:

Ah well…I guess a journalist is a human being too!