You are telling me, you NEVER ONCE wondered whether he was gay or not?

You never wondered if he was billy brown?

Toy Boy?

If he was having a fling with the blonde girl or with Andy?

NOT ONCE has this entered your mind? :roftl:

I find this hard to believe,

Sorry to butt in on the conversation, but what blonde girl? :naughty:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's not the focus of MFC and it really hasn't been for the past 2 years at least. You can disagree but you're going to have to disagree with 95% of what goes on here and there's no reason to focus on the topic of Mika's sexual orientation as something that should be off limits for discussion because it's irrelevant to his music.

People who spend inordinate amounts of time on MFC and say they are only interested in Mika's music are...well...liars. :naughty: They are interested in Mika - in his personality and in his life, or they wouldn't be discussing him every day for months and years on end.

As we all know and as Mika himself has discussed lately, your sexuality is an important part of that so it's only natural that people have an interest in his sexual orientation and more importantly what he is choosing to say about it at the moment.

I honestly don't think that the majority of the fans (including me) are interested in Mika's sexual irientation, for it's own sake. For me anyway it was never really about that exactly, it was more about hoping that sooner or later he would meet someone, because he deserves to find happiness. I knew he wasn't straight, it was obvious to me that he was either gay or bi, but my concern for him was that by keeping quiet about it, he was limiting his chances of a happy personal life.

It's all very well for him to go on stage with everyone chanting his name and adoring him, but that is no compensation for when the lights go out and there's no one special to be with him.

So for me, and for many here I think, we simply don't want Mika to be alone, and if he prefers to be with a man, so be it, if he likes women too, maybe he has a girlfriend instead. But at least now things are out in the open, he can enjoy his new relationship whoever it may be with.

When Diana said "Come ooooon! Everyone has speculated about his sexual orientation from the day he said "I don't want to talk about it.""

It's not respecting the point of view of others, I never speculated about his sexuality and I'm not the only one sorry all persons on this world are not the same. When this person used the word "everyone" this person don't respect the point of view of others.

I don't think she meant the word 'everyone' as in literally everyone. It's just that there have been a lot of discussions about his sexual orientation.

I think she just meant that a discussion about this topic is hard to avoid. Even though not everyone will want to participate in such a discussion, or even approve of it, you can't really stop it from happening.

there was an age when we all boasted 'we don't care' cause we wanted to respect mika's will NOT to feel his sexual orientation as important.

but of course many of us could have been interested...

now things are changing, mika still states that his sexual orientation should not influence our perception of his music, but he's revealing it, and talking about it more freely.

so now we feel more free to talk about it in total respect of his feelings.

cause we can respect mika in this forum, which ways he decides to take.

I don't think she meant the word 'everyone' as in literally everyone. It's just that there have been a lot of discussions about his sexual orientation.

I think she just meant that a discussion about this topic is hard to avoid. Even though not everyone will want to participate in such a discussion, or even approve of it, you can't really stop it from happening.

Exactly but I shall change it to "everyone but Sephira" from now on in order to avoid coming across as being disrespectful. :mf_rosetinted:

Finally there's someone here with a down to the point and honest post! And I totally agree with you, I'm quite interested too.:teehee:

Yeah, and tbh..everyone who's saying he/she is not interested is lying.

I know we weren't allowed to talk about it here, but for example...we talked about it in the dutch. and I'm pretty sure people talked about it on msn, pm..etc etc..:teehee:

Yeah, and tbh..everyone who's saying he/she is not interested is lying.

I know we weren't allowed to talk about it here, but for example...we talked about it in the dutch. and I'm pretty sure people talked about it on msn, pm..etc etc..:teehee:

linde, i'm not interested and i'm not lying!

maybe because i'm old? :naughty:

really i am not, i prefer 100000 times reading him talking about his music/art/hobbies than about his sexuality, i don't perceive it as important..i simply cannot care less.

but if he decides to reveal something, ok, i'll take it, cause it's his will, as when he talks about the kind of beer he prefers..i cannot care less, but i read it among the other news he want us to know.

really i am not, i prefer 100000 times reading him talking about his music/art/hobbies than about his sexuality, i don't perceive it as important..i simply cannot care less.

but if he decides to reveal something, ok, i'll take it, cause it's his will, as when he talks about the kind of beer he prefers..i cannot care less, but i read it among the other news he want us to know.

Yes but you HAVE thought about it right? I mean, not everyone has to care but surely everyone has thought of it!

And yeah, maybe it's because I'm young and hormonal that makes me always think about these kind of things. :teehee:

:mf_rosetinted: I'm not interested because I'm too old for him to be interested in me :wink2:

ok, I can understand...but yeah, you're old, that's probably why:teehee:

no kidding, and I'm not saying everyone wants to know desperately about his sexuality. What I meant is, everyone has ever thought about it. About Mika being gay, or bi, or straight...or whatever. I find it hard to believe you really only think about Mika's song, his curls, his clothes, his smile... everyone has everrrr thought 'is he gay?' or 'what does he mean with toyboy?!' :teehee:

i can think of it and in the meantime think of how much bread i have to buy...nothing relevant indeed!:teehee:

i guess the girls in a way would like to fancy him, so they're eager to know...not my case!:naughty:

i have my ideas about it, of course, but for decence or for habit, they are not my main topic of conversation or interest....:mf_rosetinted:

I'm afraid I have to agree on the labelling issue when it comes to referring to public people. When I think of Elton John, 'gay' is definitely among the tags attached to him inside my head. When my brain processes 'George Michael', surely 'gay' is one attribute that goes with it. Now, I wouldn't call myself overly interested in who shags who and it's certainly not anything I'd lose my sleep over, but it's like that. And then I never really actively followed their whereabouts. I'm aware of their music. They're great artists. They're both gay.

I suppose that, if other people's brains follow similar patterns than mine (which might not be the case :roftl:), Mika will be tagged as 'Mika. Gay.' by many of those who come across him like I come across Elton John or George Michael.

I'd have to lie if I said I had a lot of doubt before he got fed up with answering questions but not saying anything. But he's not an Elton neither George to me. I adore him on so many levels and I have a ****load of tags for Mika up my sleeve, many of which will never be spoken out loud or seen in cold print. Gay doesn't even make it into the top fifty there.

To be honest, I don't really get why the whole world and their dog are going Freudian these days. I really don't see the big deal in sexual identity made public. It's dealt with as if it was some sort of new discovery of mankind, while it's really just one aspect. I'm quite amazed at the sheer degree of importance attached to just that while we are so much more than hetero or gay or bi or whatever. I believe in the concept that what makes a personality is the sum of experiences and decisions that contain every life aspect. Not only sexuality.

And right now I really understand the benefit of refusal Mika was pracising all the time. I never thought it was that much of a big deal whether he's out or not. I realize now, it is, while reading some of the comments made by gays on his freshly announced bisexuality. I didn't think there was so much racism inside the gay community. Also, I'm getting fully aware of the concept of labels these days. Once you allow people to put you in a box, you're trapped in there. There's no way out. It will always be a question of being one of them or one of the others and apparently, especially in sexuality matters people tend to lose the big picture.

And I feel that comments like "who wants that crap" make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. That annoys me.

I am gay!

It unfortunately becomes the defining "thing" before all others.

It is & will change but for now it is really stupid to say the least.

It is a tightrope that Mika is handling really, really well.

But more importantly Mika is not letting them inhibit his artistic expression & creating.

My friends & I congratulte him!

It is - again unfortunately- tricky!!

I honestly don't think that the majority of the fans (including me) are interested in Mika's sexual irientation, for it's own sake. For me anyway it was never really about that exactly, it was more about hoping that sooner or later he would meet someone, because he deserves to find happiness. I knew he wasn't straight, it was obvious to me that he was either gay or bi, but my concern for him was that by keeping quiet about it, he was limiting his chances of a happy personal life.

It's all very well for him to go on stage with everyone chanting his name and adoring him, but that is no compensation for when the lights go out and there's no one special to be with him.

So for me, and for many here I think, we simply don't want Mika to be alone, and if he prefers to be with a man, so be it, if he likes women too, maybe he has a girlfriend instead. But at least now things are out in the open, he can enjoy his new relationship whoever it may be with.

I just wanted to quote you because your post is so nice and friendly!:thumb_yello:

Yes but you HAVE thought about it right? I mean, not everyone has to care but surely everyone has thought of it!

And yeah, maybe it's because I'm young and hormonal that makes me always think about these kind of things. :teehee:

I think it’s a fundamental human reaction to want to know what sexual orientation a person has!:wink2: