• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a little OT: I haven't understood if LWID is about his current love or an ex, in an interview I read a version, in another one, a different thing...what a mysterious man. XD

It seems they split up and got back together together again, that's what he told Paul de Leeuw anyway. But... how do I say this politely? Mika has a flair for slightly bending history in interviews. I can't say I blame him. We want to know everything there is to know about him, and he naturally doesn't want us to know everything. It makes for a nice game and endless discussions here :naughty:

It seems they split up and got back together together again, that's what he told Paul de Leeuw anyway. But... how do I say this politely? Mika has a flair for slightly bending history in interviews. I can't say I blame him. We want to know everything there is to know about him, and he naturally doesn't want us to know everything. It makes for a nice game and endless discussions here :naughty:

you're right :D we're curious, and he likes to play with his stories! XD

II can't say I blame him. We want to know everything there is to know about him, and he naturally doesn't want us to know everything. It makes for a nice game and endless discussions here :naughty:

I don't think Mika is necessarily speaking to his fans when he's speaking to the media. Take the gay issue for example. He knew that his fans knew and pretty much said so for several years before his official coming out. That doesn't mean he's prepared to talk about it with total strangers who have an agenda (i.e. interviewers) or the general public.

He hinted that earlier in 2012 and that's what several of us guessed, anyway. I think it is really apparent in the lyrics of the album as well.

Mika tends to hide part of the truth before he gets into details that helps put the pieces together - not for everyone, obviously. I like his way of communicating to the press about his private life. It is not intense but still has enough clues that those really interested and able to understand will figure out what he means.

He hinted that earlier in 2012 and that's what several of us guessed, anyway. I think it is really apparent in the lyrics of the album as well.

Mika tends to hide part of the truth before he gets into details that helps put the pieces together - not for everyone, obviously. I like his way of communicating to the press about his private life. It is not intense but still has enough clues that those really interested and able to understand will figure out what he means.

Yes that's how I would put it. I think he obfuscates enough in interviews that the press has no idea what is truth and what isn't. But anyone who's been paying close attention all these years can get a sense of what is bs and what isn't.

What I always like about his interviews, regarding the gay-thing, is that he doesn't make a big thing about it. If he's not asked about it he doesn't mention it, and if he is asked about it, he doesn't make it into a big deal.

So many gay celebs act like it's the best thing since sliced bread, and they flaunt it. I hate that, because it's not the best thing, it's just something that some people happen to be.

Actually, I watched Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year and they had a young man named Rylan, who'd been on X Factor (he can't sing though) and he's gay. He's a bit more obvious than Mika, but doesn't flaunt it, and he said something interesting.

He said if he had a child, he wouldn't want the child to be gay, because he wouldn't want his child to go through what he's had to go through. He'd much prefer his child to be straight and have a simpler life. I think Mika would have approved of Rylan's comments.

Yes that's how I would put it. I think he obfuscates enough in interviews that the press has no idea what is truth and what isn't. But anyone who's been paying close attention all these years can get a sense of what is bs and what isn't.

I'm pretty sure he's aware of the things we know and the things we don't know:naughty:.

I'm pretty sure he's aware of the things we know and the things we don't know:naughty:.

Are you saying there's something we don't know? :shocked:

:lmfao:

That hardly seems possible!

Edited by dcdeb

What I always like about his interviews, regarding the gay-thing, is that he doesn't make a big thing about it. If he's not asked about it he doesn't mention it, and if he is asked about it, he doesn't make it into a big deal.

So many gay celebs act like it's the best thing since sliced bread, and they flaunt it. I hate that, because it's not the best thing, it's just something that some people happen to be.

Actually, I watched Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year and they had a young man named Rylan, who'd been on X Factor (he can't sing though) and he's gay. He's a bit more obvious than Mika, but doesn't flaunt it, and he said something interesting.

He said if he had a child, he wouldn't want the child to be gay, because he wouldn't want his child to go through what he's had to go through. He'd much prefer his child to be straight and have a simpler life. I think Mika would have approved of Rylan's comments.

I so agree with you. I love it about Mika too, he's just himself and comfortable with it. (And hey, why not to be?:wink2:) But what that Rylan said is just kind of sad. It's not fair... :huh:

I won't presume to know what mika's thoughts on his future children are but I really hope he wouldn't say he'd 'prefer' his child be straight... That implies that he thinks there is some choice involved in being gay/bisexual and that's a dangerous line that has led to much heartbreak the world over. Yes, we would all want good things for out children but the world is changing and by supporting your LGBT child, it can only get better..I understand rylan was probably trying to spare his hypothetical child the things he's suffered but we don't get to choose our children's sexual orientation so his words seem a bit insensitive to me... That's just my opinion...

I won't presume to know what mika's thoughts on his future children are but I really hope he wouldn't say he'd 'prefer' his child be straight... That implies that he thinks there is some choice involved in being gay/bisexual and that's a dangerous line that has led to much heartbreak the world over. Yes, we would all want good things for out children but the world is changing and by supporting your LGBT child, it can only get better..I understand rylan was probably trying to spare his hypothetical child the things he's suffered but we don't get to choose our children's sexual orientation so his words seem a bit insensitive to me... That's just my opinion...

Paul de Leeuw said the same on the show Mika was on. When speaking to a tennis player about his kids, the guy said: "if he gets a girlfriend...or boyfriend." and Paul said: "Go for girlfriend, it's so much easier when he's straight."

I won't presume to know what mika's thoughts on his future children are but I really hope he wouldn't say he'd 'prefer' his child be straight... That implies that he thinks there is some choice involved in being gay/bisexual and that's a dangerous line that has led to much heartbreak the world over.

I don't think that's the implication, really. I'm sure everyone has preferences for their unborn children - from being healthy to having a knack for math (for example). That doesn't mean these are things that are under anyone's control, just something you'd want for your child.

I don't think that's the implication, really. I'm sure everyone has preferences for their unborn children - from being healthy to having a knack for math (for example). That doesn't mean these are things that are under anyone's control, just something you'd want for your child.

You,re totally right Christine. As a parent, you always wish for your children not to suffer from the same thing you did (or, for a matter of fact, for anything period). That doesn't mean it can be controlled or avoided, but you still wish it nonethless:thumb_yello:

Paul de Leeuw said the same on the show Mika was on. When speaking to a tennis player about his kids, the guy said: "if he gets a girlfriend...or boyfriend." and Paul said: "Go for girlfriend, it's so much easier when he's straight."

as if the tennis player could say ' sorry son, go for the girlfriend, it's much easier, even paul says so' :aah:

well he could say that, but can the son do that is the other question..:naughty:

as if the tennis player could say ' sorry son, go for the girlfriend, it's much easier, even paul says so' :aah:

well he could say that, but can the son do that is the other question..:naughty:

I don't think he meant that. But I think someone like Paul especially knows how difficult it is. Even though it shouldn't be.

I don't think it's really insensitive at all -- I imagine that any parent's overarching desire for their children is for them to be happy and healthy, and quite often in our world today being gay does not allow for that. When I was pregnant, I said the same thing -- that I hoped my child would not be gay, and my gay friends echoed that. Just as I wished that my child would be born without any birth defects, and that he or she got the "tall" genes from my husband, rather than my "short" genes. I couldn't really control any of those things, either, and I would certainly love and support any child of mine, no matter whether they were gay, or had some physical issue, or even if they turned out to be... short! :teehee: You just naturally want things that will make your child's life better or easier than yours was. I've watched so many of my gay friends deal with prejudice and discrimination, bullying and bashing, even from their own family members. They've had to live in fear of AIDS, and several have even died from it. Who would wish a difficult life on their child? I definitely see the world changing, gradually, at least in some places, in some ways -- but it's far from ideal. :dunno:

I don't think it's really insensitive at all -- I imagine that any parent's overarching desire for their children is for them to be happy and healthy, and quite often in our world today being gay does not allow for that. When I was pregnant, I said the same thing -- that I hoped my child would not be gay, and my gay friends echoed that. Just as I wished that my child would be born without any birth defects, and that he or she got the "tall" genes from my husband, rather than my "short" genes. I couldn't really control any of those things, either, and I would certainly love and support any child of mine, no matter whether they were gay, or had some physical issue, or even if they turned out to be... short! :teehee: You just naturally want things that will make your child's life better or easier than yours was. I've watched so many of my gay friends deal with prejudice and discrimination, bullying and bashing, even from their own family members. They've had to live in fear of AIDS, and several have even died from it. Who would wish a difficult life on their child? I definitely see the world changing, gradually, at least in some places, in some ways -- but it's far from ideal. :dunno:

:thumb_yello:

Much has changed for the better, in my country in some cities is legalized civil unions called homoaffectiva, but of course is far from ideal, to illustrate I just I read a news that made ​​me sad, unfortunate that these things still occur, just hope that some day the world becomes a place at least tolerable for calls people 'different' from the ordinary.

Sorry, this news is so sad, really it's far from ideal.

Transvestite elected 'Princess Gay' of Rio de Janeiro is beaten and thrown into train line.

Thiago Freitas, known as Melissa, left the rehearsal of 'Youth'

Victim was shot by two men on a catwalk and is hospitalized.

http://g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2013/02/travesti-eleito-princesa-gay-no-rio-e-espancado-e-jogado-em-linha-de-trem.html

:tears: