MIKA

Paloma Faith

+ guests = Alex Gardner

Website(s) http://www.littlenoisesessions.org.uk/

Event details

Date 18 Nov 2009

Time 07:00pm

Doors open 06:30pm

Ticket prices £40 To buy tickets, you need to register between 23 September and 13 October

Stars line up for church gigs

Wednesday, 23 September 2009

By Greg Cochrane

Newsbeat music reporter

Florence And The Machine, Editors, Mika, and Lostprophets are amongst the artists lined up to play this year's Little Noise sessions in London in November.

The now annual series of acoustic gigs, organised by charity Mencap, will also feature The Maccabees, Tinchy Stryder and Golden Silvers.

Held at London's Union Chapel venue the gigs begin on 16 November.

Registration for tickets begins today (23 September) via the Little Noise sessions website.

Last year saw performances from U2, Biffy Clyro, Razorlight, Kasabian and Glasvegas.

The full line up is:

Editors/The Maccabees/Bombay Bicycle Club/Everything Everything (16)

Mika/Paloma Faith (18)

Lostprophets/The Blackout (20)

Taio Cruz/Tinchy Stryder (21)

Florence And The Machine/Golden Silvers (22)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_10000000/newsid_10001800/10001873.stm

----------------

So that is the exclusive gig... Please note in the terms and conditions:

ARE THERE ANY AGE RESTRICTIONS?

You must be 16 or over to attend these concerts. Valid photographic ID will be required to purchase alcohol.

WHY CAN I ONLY BUY FOUR TICKETS?

A maximum of four tickets per event has been set to allow more people the opportunity to buy tickets. There will be no exceptions.

CAN I APPLY FOR TICKETS IF I'M NOT A UK RESIDENT?

No. Unfortunately, these tickets are only available to UK residents.

Edited by robertina

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh. was hoping for this one not to be uk only. but well... looks like there's no way around flying over to the US for me, if i wanna hear the new album live this year. :aah:

I'm beginning to think that too... Need a companion? :mf_rosetinted:

bah..i don't think he's going to play much more from the new album before the actual 2010 tour.

he's done half the cd already...what is left for the tour if he plays more new songs?

i'll stick to this :mf_rosetinted:

i won't miss another lollipop ending, LOL :naughty:

bah..i don't think he's going to play much more from the new album before the actual 2010 tour.

he's done half the cd already...what is left for the tour if he plays more new songs?

but i think in the US it will be the start of the new album tour, it's big venues, and he talked in one of the video interviews about some sort of 60s setting for it, so i'm sure it won't be the same like we know it now. and after the US tour i think he'll have this new show in europe too. and australia and wherever else he's going. might change it a bit more for europe next year, like he developed his first tour further and further, but i'm quite sure he'll sing the songs of the new album in the US. after all, it will have been out for a month when the tour starts, so imo it would be strange if he didn't.

but i think in the US it will be the start of the new album tour, it's big venues, and he talked in one of the video interviews about some sort of 60s setting for it, so i'm sure it won't be the same like we know it now. and after the US tour i think he'll have this new show in europe too. and australia and wherever else he's going. might change it a bit more for europe next year, like he developed his first tour further and further, but i'm quite sure he'll sing the songs of the new album in the US. after all, it will have been out for a month when the tour starts, so imo it would be strange if he didn't.

I agree. He's been working with Es Devlin on the new set and these are proper sized venues. Many getting close to the Hammersmith Apollo and Brixton.

You coming to LA then? :biggrin2:

I posted this somewhere on here earlier but cant find it now..

It is an amazing venue with brilliant acoustics and the sets for main acts are usually quite long.

All tickets are sent by courier.

Oooo, sounds fab. Thanks for posting about it in the Blackpool thread, i wouldn't have noticed it otherwise! :blush-anim-cl:

Glad we know about it in plenty of time! I've registered to buy tickets.:wink2:

ok then...i can go back to be jealous as always! :naughty:

and then straight to Oz? wow mika!

relax ppl, we'll have plenty of events in our countries...why complain? :teehee:

speak for yourself robi :sneaky2:

as soon as saw this i thought ... not another one ! i really need to hibernate until feb , i cant take anymore of this :badmood:

After what happened to me in Blackpool I'm not going to send up for any free tickets. I'll wait for his tour and then I can buy sitting down tickets, but good luck to those who do send up for them!

It is sitting down and the tickets are not free.. but it is first come first seated. I remember you from Blackpool so if you do have a disability you should get a front pew.

I agree. He's been working with Es Devlin on the new set and these are proper sized venues. Many getting close to the Hammersmith Apollo and Brixton.

You coming to LA then? :biggrin2:

have to see if i can afford hotels for a few days vegas and a week or so LA, or find alternatives. flights would be ok. aah, i can't believe i really wanna do this! :aah: will do research and make a final decision this weekend.

I'm just a bit confused. I received an email confirming the payment of £6, but I have no idea how many tickets they will send, because they didn't ask how many I wanted. Of course if we get too many I can sell them on to other MFCers, but the site was very confusing because I had to fill in a form and give my card details, but the site didn't give any details about the actual tickets or how much they were, or how many I would get.

Was it the same for anyone else?

I'm just a bit confused. I received an email confirming the payment of £6, but I have no idea how many tickets they will send, because they didn't ask how many I wanted. Of course if we get too many I can sell them on to other MFCers, but the site was very confusing because I had to fill in a form and give my card details, but the site didn't give any details about the actual tickets or how much they were, or how many I would get.

Was it the same for anyone else?

As far as I understand it Marilyn the £6 is just a donation to Mencap and ensures that you are registering your interest to buy tickets. The tickets become available on 19th Oct and that is when you will be able to buy them...up to 4 per person registered. Last year the tickets were £40 I believe.

As far as I understand it Marilyn the £6 is just a donation to Mencap and ensures that you are registering your interest to buy tickets. The tickets become available on 19th Oct and that is when you will be able to buy them...up to 4 per person registered. Last year the tickets were £40 I believe.

Thanks for that info Kath. I just didn't understand exactly what I was buying. I'm happy to give Mencap the £6 donation.

So it seems we're in for another meet up. Will we combine the Christmas party with this gig? It might be the best idea.