Mika @ Little Noise Sessions 2009

Droopsy

Thanks for that info Kath. I just didn't understand exactly what I was buying. I'm happy to give Mencap the £6 donation.

So it seems we're in for another meet up. Will we combine the Christmas party with this gig? It might be the best idea.

The gig's on a wednesday- will a party on thurs or tues be Ok for people? I'd find it a bit awkward but could manage thursday- if we have numbered seats I could work wed morning

I gave the donation too- I'm not sure yet whether I'll actually apply for tickets- I'm really skint.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that info Kath. I just didn't understand exactly what I was buying. I'm happy to give Mencap the £6 donation.

So it seems we're in for another meet up. Will we combine the Christmas party with this gig? It might be the best idea.

The gig's on a wednesday- will a party on thurs or tues be Ok for people? I'd find it a bit awkward but could manage thursday- if we have numbered seats I could work wed morning

I gave the donation too- I'm not sure yet whether I'll actually apply for tickets- I'm really skint.

I think, relaisticaly, for most people two trips are out of the question. One trip will not be possible for many let alone two. Therfore yes, a combination of the two things would be the only answer I think. This is why I have held off from arranging anything. As soon as I realised that this gig was very probably going to be November I thought we had better wait and see. However, as you say Sosi, midweek is NOT brilliant. I personally won't be able to get involved in a party I am afraid. I am flying down at lunchtime and early flight again on Thursday. Therefore, I need to bow out of any planning I am afraid. However, if anyone is planning a longer trip it would be great for you to be able to have a party:thumb_yello:

Otherwise (unless anyone wants to plan a party in London for anyone who can attend) maybe this year it will just be a case of smaller groups getting together with mfcers in their area as was suggested at one point?

Can anyone recomend some cheap hotels near the venue?

I am not entirely sure WHY it is only UK on this one........seems very odd to me. I would have thought one persons money was as good as anyone elses.

I hope you are able to go Silver:wub2:

I have had a quick look for hotels Marilyn but haven't found anything yet. Maybe someone local will be able to help. I thought I might leave it until i know if i have tickets.

and then straight to Oz? wow mika!

relax ppl, we'll have plenty of events in our countries...why complain? :teehee:

I've always wanted to see Mika sing in a church. This would be magical. Hope you all enjoy yourselves. But as you say Robi, he's gonna be in Oz by Sunday, so I hope he's not gonna overdo things again...

May I ask if any one who's registered can include me in their allocation?

Will pay for ticket, just can't do it myself, as no credit card.

I will very probably have a spare Rose.........no problemo:thumb_yello:

I've always wanted to see Mika sing in a church. This would be magical. Hope you all enjoy yourselves. But as you say Robi, he's gonna be in Oz by Sunday, so I hope he's not gonna overdo things again...

Quite. Seeing him holding his throat on Monday night was giving me the ebby jeebies:shocked: From October onwards it is going to be a very punishing schedual for him. And I still can't quite get my head around why is touring the UK in the grimmest month of the year:shocked: Let's hope he gets a good burst of sun in Oz to build him up.

Yes, I agree, a church setting will be fabby. I am sure it was great in Berlin too:thumb_yello:

It's all Jo for Little Noise Gigs

By TIM NIXON

Published: Today

THE line-up for Mencap's Little Noise Sessions has been announced - and it promises to be another superb week of live music laid bare.

EDITORS, MIKA, FLORENCE & THE MACHINE, TINCHY STRYDER, CHIPMUNK and LOSTPROPHETS are among the acts who have signed up for the fundraising spectacle at Islington's Union Chapel.

Host and curator of the celebrated sessions, JO WHILEY, is convinced this year's event will be among the best.

But she warns artists to brace themselves for the tough job of playing to a congregation-style crowd.

She told The Sun: "I haven't seen one band turn up and casually stroll out on stage. Every time they they're peeping out through the curtains saying, 'Oh my God, I hadn't realised the audience would be that close.'

"You've got people sitting on pews about five feet away from you, so you're completely exposed.

"Even BONO and THE EDGE were really nervous when they peeped out of the curtains. They were definitely saying a few Hail Marys under their breath."

The Little Noise Sessions - raising money awareness for learning disability charity Mencap - take place on November 16-22.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/2653606/Line-up-for-Mencaps-Little-Noise-Sessions-2009-announced.html#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=mika

I am not entirely sure WHY it is only UK on this one........seems very odd to me. I would have thought one persons money was as good as anyone elses.

I hope you are able to go Silver:wub2:

I have had a quick look for hotels Marilyn but haven't found anything yet. Maybe someone local will be able to help. I thought I might leave it until i know if i have tickets.

Well I'm not booking JUST yet. Another thing I'd love to know about is transport, that is NOT the tube, because I can't manage the tube. I nearly had an accident on the escallator last time. That's why I didn't go to Sadlers Wells. But then I thought, if there's a reliable bus service, that would be okay.

Th seats are not numbered but everywhere is pretty close and you get a good view.. we queued from about 9.30am and got the fourth row as I said first three are for diabled. The pews are all angled to the side too. Rather magical experience:thumb_yello:

Its in a busy area with coffee bars and cafes etc opposite and a bus stop right outside too with buses running really frequently.

Th seats are not numbered but everywhere is pretty close and you get a good view.. we queued from about 9.30am and got the fourth row as I said first three are for diabled. The pews are all angled to the side too. Rather magical experience:thumb_yello:

Its in a busy area with coffee bars and cafes etc opposite and a bus stop right outside too with buses running really frequently.

That is great news about the busses! Thanks for telling me! I'm really looking forward to it now!

I will very probably have a spare Rose.........no problemo:thumb_yello:

Thank you Kath, wish I could use a smilie, waiting for someone to come get a security tape from me, so not back at house yet.

just looking . . .

Nice to see you :wub2:

I won't be there mega early...........and don't fancy an all day queujng job outdoors in Novemeber tbh:shocked: I am thinking probably about 4pm ish. That is good to know though that everywhere has a good view:thumb_yello:

Thank you Kath, wish I could use a smilie, waiting for someone to come get a security tape from me, so not back at house yet.

No probs:thumb_yello: Hope you are reunited with your smilies soon:naughty:

I notice people are talking about booking hotels and transport- can we be reasonably confident that we'll get tickets if we want them? It is quite pricey, but then it's a small venue?

Well, you know me................my hand flew (if you will pardon the pun:roftl:) to Ryanair the minute there was the first hint of the date.............because it is about a million times cheaper to book flights way in advance. But I aren't commiting to a hotel yet, just in case.

This is exactly what I needed after Monday - another Mika event and I am soooo going! Wooohoo!!! The venue looks amazing too! Can't wait to see you all again!

Hi :bye: - great to see you again on Monday

I hope you are a UK resident then (see first post)