BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

I think the crew are going to do other songs on TBWKTM but Caz and I are just discussing dream ideas for BIOTG: e.g. credit cards in the 20s. :roftl::roftl:

Gosh you two have been nattering!! The thread has seriously grown since i was here last night. By the way, can i be an extra :biggrin2::wink2:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much, but i just added the live version of PUOTF plus added idea of shots or whatever...

plus imagine background noise with the song...

and then imagine a fade out and then a fade in to "so I was sitting in the bar..."

Oh! and imagine the circle transition to be slower. I tried to see if I could slow it down but this IS windows movie maker we're talking about...:roftl:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5rb634

merry christmas. :mf_rosetinted:

and happy Hanujka to all :mf_rosetinted:

*downloading*

pretty much, but i just added the live version of PUOTF plus added idea of shots or whatever...

plus imagine background noise with the song...

and then imagine a fade out and then a fade in to "so I was sitting in the bar..."

Oh! and imagine the circle transition to be slower. I tried to see if I could slow it down but this IS windows movie maker we're talking about...:roftl:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5rb634

merry christmas. :mf_rosetinted:

Yeeeah! I thought you meant having the gramophone to start and then the circle transition to go to the bar. I'll show you what I meant. And yeah, movie maker is great as a starter thing, but it's...not great, hahah. Drives me crazy trying to use it now I'm used to better stuff.

Background noise kind of in the way that you get it at the beginning of Loverboy? Except that totally sounds like it's in a diner and this needs to be a fancy shmancy jazz club.

I REALLY liked the audio effect on PUOTF, it was really great. GOSH. I want a 1920s bar NOW.

Gosh you two have been nattering!! The thread has seriously grown since i was here last night. By the way, can i be an extra :biggrin2::wink2:

LOL I know, lots of chattage!!

And of COURSE you can be an extra. You won't get paid though. :biggrin2:

Yeeeah! I thought you meant having the gramophone to start and then the circle transition to go to the bar. I'll show you what I meant. And yeah, movie maker is great as a starter thing, but it's...not great, hahah. Drives me crazy trying to use it now I'm used to better stuff.

Background noise kind of in the way that you get it at the beginning of Loverboy? Except that totally sounds like it's in a diner and this needs to be a fancy shmancy jazz club.

I REALLY liked the audio effect on PUOTF, it was really great. GOSH. I want a 1920s bar NOW.

Oh I know what you meant, no need to show.

And yeah that kinda background noise, but obviously more 1920's bar. Like...chattering. Low hushed chattering. And a couple of giggles. And glasses chinking.

Hi guys! Cazgirl suggested I pop in here. I commented in another thread how I think the off-centre frame dance shots Mika does in BIOTG (where the camera moves steady and he sorta dances across the screen) would look awesome as transitions between the various characters he would be portraying in your idea.

My example was 'As' by George Michael and Mary J. Blige, where there's an entire bar filled with about 50 Georges and 50 Marys, and they sorta walk in and out of frame during transitions to different 'selves' - youtube the video and you'll see what I mean, but obviously your video would have one Mika per shot and other extras or something.

Just a random thought, hope you don't mind me jumping in!

My example was 'As' by George Michael and Mary J. Blige, where there's an entire bar filled with about 50 Georges and 50 Marys, and they sorta walk in and out of frame during transitions to different 'selves' - youtube the video and you'll see what I mean, but obviously your video would have one Mika per shot and other extras or something.

link to the video:

Just searched the video. It's sort of like that idea, but sort of not at the same time. Like, the place would be filled with just random people, but Mika would be in the background but he would be noticeable. There would be a storyline going on with particular characters and if the camera pans and Mika goes out of shot, when the camera moves ANOTHER Mika would be there in different clothes/as a different character. So it's like he's the narrator and/or an outsider looking in on the action.

Oh I know what you meant, no need to show.

And yeah that kinda background noise, but obviously more 1920's bar. Like...chattering. Low hushed chattering. And a couple of giggles. And glasses chinking.

Can we set it somewhere like this?

chezpapa1.jpg

Arrrgh I want it to be real!

Oh yeah I get what you're saying, I just thought the video gave a useful vague idea of transitions - I know Mika's more background and would only be one per scenario etc. I've just always loved that whole general idea anyway, one person playing multiple characters in any way, I think it looks awesome.

I'm thinking Sims 3 might come in use...:aah:

That's an idea actually. We could make it on the Sims and then send it to Mika and say 'MAKE IT PROPERLY!!'

And it would be TOTALLY limitless. We could put aliens in it. :teehee:

Hi guys! Cazgirl suggested I pop in here. I commented in another thread how I think the off-centre frame dance shots Mika does in BIOTG (where the camera moves steady and he sorta dances across the screen) would look awesome as transitions between the various characters he would be portraying in your idea.

Just a random thought, hope you don't mind me jumping in!

Just want to join in and say I love that vid, it's one of my favorites! Even though it's a 'slow' video. Okay, carry on :teehee:

Hahaha I can guarantee you it won't be, when we had our show reel we watched back some of our first productions that we made and one group actually handed in, for what was supposed to be a historical documentary, them wandering about the streets shouting at each other and occasionally talking about what they were supposed to be talking about and getting it wrong.

It was HILARIOUS. But I can't believe they passed with it, it was totally ridiculous!