Mika in Barcelona, Spain at Palau Sant Jordi

Christine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK! Newsflash

Just about managed to book a eurostar for 8 pm tonight, as my plane was officially cancelled and I get my money back, and will then drive down from Paris with mr sariflor who will drive up to get me.

We'll probably leave paris around 6-7 am, so just on time to freshen up and go to the gig.

If anyone else is in Paris or can get there on time, you're more than welcome to drive with us.

I hope that some of the others can make it; I think Ingie and co are taking a train???

Enigma, if you change your mind, or anyone else. Tiibet, I'm really sorry about your situation! I will pass your message on.

Gotta run now, I haven't even packed yet :roftl:

thats great!! have a safe trip and have fun!

Brilliant news Sara, good luck!! :thumb_yello: I hope some of you can make it, this volcano was too much for me... I have the worst headache ever after comparing every possible travel combination :aah: Situation was just too bad so I gave up and booked my trains for France gigs. Life will go on :roftl:

Oh I knew nothing could stop the decadent one. :roftl:

Enigma, quick, go with Sara! She will get there, come hell or high water...or volcanic ash.

Yeah, she seems unstoppable!:wink2:

Persistence is good!:thumb_yello:

OK! Newsflash

Just about managed to book a eurostar for 8 pm tonight, as my plane was officially cancelled and I get my money back, and will then drive down from Paris with mr sariflor who will drive up to get me.

We'll probably leave paris around 6-7 am, so just on time to freshen up and go to the gig.

If anyone else is in Paris or can get there on time, you're more than welcome to drive with us.

I hope that some of the others can make it; I think Ingie and co are taking a train???

Enigma, if you change your mind, or anyone else. Tiibet, I'm really sorry about your situation! I will pass your message on.

Thats great :yay: Good luck and have so much fun! :pbjt:

Oh I knew nothing could stop the decadent one. :roftl:

Enigma, quick, go with Sara! She will get there, come hell or high water...or volcanic ash.

Awwww. I only just read this latest plan and Sara's PM. I already cancelled my hotel and the onward flight to Madrid and so on. Er, but I'm gonna check Eurostar's site now.

Awwww. I only just read this latest plan and Sara's PM. I already cancelled my hotel and the onward flight to Madrid and so on. Er, but I'm gonna check Eurostar's site now.

... and it's £179 :shocked: so I'm still not going because that's just way too much for me :sad:

Sara, I hope you make it there in time for the gig, and have the BEST, BEST time. :thumb_yello:

OK! Newsflash

OMG YOU'RE NUTS, I LOVE IT :aah:

Good luck! Go go go!!!!!

Well, I've got it all figured out (I think) :naughty:. I get to Paris on time to sleep for a few hours, then leave really early in the morning, I will be fresh so I drive, and hubby sleeps. We get there on time for the gig, and then we can sleep all we want in the upcoming days.

No hotel costs or anything else, as we're staying with my parents.

I'm hoping that my existent return ticket will work, as it's on thursday, and if not, I will just move it a bit. If it's still looking grim by the weekend, I will come back on a train+bus combo. Long but much cheaper.

In any case, I wasn't ready to not go to this, this trip meant too much for me now. It's not just about the gig. If it was just the gig, I would have gladly admitted defeat. I want to spend some time with my family, my mum wanted it too, and also I am the only one who can pick up those darn gig tickets.

If I don't do it and take my parents with me to the gig, they won't go by themselves, and I will end up losing as much money (in gig tickets) as it costs me to get there :insane:

So, all in all, the only alternative was to GO. I just kick myself that I didn't go with my original instinct, which was: act NOW because this will carry on. Instead, I waited, which made the situation harder.

Note to self: go with instict next time :roftl:. I would already be in Barcelona now, had I done that.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the support. Enigma, sorry you can't make it in the end. I need to pack and leave the house in just over an hour so I better get going.

I shall report from onsite :biggrin2:. Or if I get bored on the train later :roftl:.

well, i've got it all figured out (i think) :naughty:. I get to paris on time to sleep for a few hours, then leave really early in the morning, i will be fresh so i drive, and hubby sleeps. We get there on time for the gig, and then we can sleep all we want in the upcoming days.

no hotel costs or anything else, as we're staying with my parents.

i'm hoping that my existent return ticket will work, as it's on thursday, and if not, i will just move it a bit. If it's still looking grim by the weekend, i will come back on a train+bus combo. Long but much cheaper.

in any case, i wasn't ready to not go to this, this trip meant too much for me now. It's not just about the gig. If it was just the gig, i would have gladly admitted defeat. I want to spend some time with my family, my mum wanted it too, and also i am the only one who can pick up those darn gig tickets.

if i don't do it and take my parents with me to the gig, they won't go by themselves, and i will end up losing as much money (in gig tickets) as it costs me to get there :insane:

so, all in all, the only alternative was to go. I just kick myself that i didn't go with my original instinct, which was: Act now because this will carry on. Instead, i waited, which made the situation harder.

note to self: Go with instict next time :roftl:. I would already be in barcelona now, had i done that.

anyway, thanks everyone for the support. Enigma, sorry you can't make it in the end. I need to pack and leave the house in just over an hour so i better get going.

i shall report from onsite :biggrin2:. Or if i get bored on the train later :roftl:.

Go Sara!!

Well, I've got it all figured out (I think) :naughty:. I get to Paris on time to sleep for a few hours, then leave really early in the morning, I will be fresh so I drive, and hubby sleeps. We get there on time for the gig, and then we can sleep all we want in the upcoming days.

I'm hoping that my existent return ticket will work, as it's on thursday, and if not, I will just move it a bit. If it's still looking grim by the weekend, I will come back on a train+bus combo. Long but much cheaper.

In any case, I wasn't ready to not go to this, this trip meant too much for me now. It's not just about the gig. If it was just the gig, I would have gladly admitted defeat. I want to spend some time with my family, my mum wanted it too, and also I am the only one who can pick up those darn gig tickets.

If I don't do it and take my parents with me to the gig, they won't go by themselves, and I will end up losing as much money (in gig tickets) as it costs me to get there :insane:

So, all in all, the only alternative was to GO. I just kick myself that I didn't go with my original instinct, which was: act NOW because this will carry on. Instead, I waited, which made the situation harder.

Note to self: go with instict next time :roftl:. I would already be in Barcelona now, had I done that.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the support. Enigma, sorry you can't make it in the end. I need to pack and leave the house in just over an hour so I better get going.

I shall report from onsite :biggrin2:. Or if I get bored on the train later :roftl:.

you are AWESOME!!!!!:naughty:

have a great time!!

Wow, Kudos! You're amazing...in other words: you kick ass!!!! :wink2:

SAFE TRIP, will be thinking of you! :thumb_yello:

Yay! Go Sara!

Sara 1

Volcano 0

Really wish I could've gone too, but apart from the £179 for the Eurostar out, I would have to get back from Spain for work and if there are no flights that's another £179 on Eurostar! Eek! :shocked:

So, I am sitting here sulking, but at least there's Paris in a week :biggrin2:

Yay! Go Sara!

Sara 1

Volcano 0

Really wish I could've gone too, but apart from the £179 for the Eurostar out, I would have to get back from Spain for work and if there are no flights that's another £179 on Eurostar! Eek! :shocked:

So, I am sitting here sulking, but at least there's Paris in a week :biggrin2:

what about a return ticket? :roftl:

Yeah Sara's more of a force of nature than that Volcano is :aah:

Ok, an update from here (Monie and Ingie). After spending the whole afternoon at Schiphol airport we are at my place now. Schiphol looked like ghosttown, freaky.

We tried everything, that is almost everything. We could have gone by train but that would have cost us 500 extra euros per person, money we simply don't have. It would have been at least 15 hours of traveling (one way).

At a certain point the airline people told us there might be going a bus to Barcelona tonight or tomorrow morning for no extra fee. So we waited, and waited, and waited to hear in the end that they wouldn't go through with it since the higher people didn't approve of it. So we had to arrange it ourselves. Surrounded by at least 50 desperate Spanish people Ingie and I contacted the bus company since we were the only ones speaking Dutch.

As soon people noticed that I was talking to the bus company they jumped upon me, leaving me screaming to Ingie: "Be my bodyguard!" It was kind of scary, now I know how Mika must feel every now and then. They were all shouting so at a certain point I yelled: quiet! And every one was quiet :shocked:. Wow, feels good to have so much power :biggrin2:.

So, we arranged for the Spanish people to be able to go home again tonight and we sacrificed our spot. The group was called: "group Simone," the tour operator told me, I felt like a celebrity :naughty:. People were very grateful, someone was crying, which almost made Ingie and me cry too.

We are very very sad we cannot go to the gig but we felt good that we helped so many people. Karma will repay us (hopefully :biggrin2:).

We tried everything that was in our physical and financial power. It wasn't meant to be....:tears:

Mika we love you...

Ok, an update from here (Monie and Ingie). After spending the whole afternoon at Schiphol airport we are at my place now. Schiphol looked like ghosttown, freaky.

We tried everything, that is almost everything. We could have gone by train but that would have cost us 500 extra euros per person, money we simply don't have. It would have been at least 15 hours of traveling (one way).

At a certain point the airline people told us there might be going a bus to Barcelona tonight or tomorrow morning for no extra fee. So we waited, and waited, and waited to hear in the end that they wouldn't go through with it since the higher people didn't approve of it. So we had to arrange it ourselves. Surrounded by at least 50 desperate Spanish people Ingie and I contacted the bus company since we were the only ones speaking Dutch.

As soon people noticed that I was talking to the bus company they jumped upon me, leaving me screaming to Ingie: "Be my bodyguard!" It was kind of scary, now I know how Mika must feel every now and then. They were all shouting so at a certain point I yelled: quiet! And every one was quiet :shocked:. Wow, feels good to have so much power :biggrin2:.

So, we arranged for the Spanish people to be able to go home again tonight and we sacrificed our spot. The group was called: "group Simone," the tour operator told me, I felt like a celebrity :naughty:. People were very grateful, someone was crying, which almost made Ingie and me cry too.

We are very very sad we cannot go to the gig but we felt good that we helped so many people. Karma will repay us (hopefully :biggrin2:).

We tried everything that was in our physical and financial power. It wasn't meant to be....:tears:

Mika we love you...

Oh Monie, that's such a tragically heroic story. (why could they go but not you, though? :aah:)

Aww. Flowers for you :flowers2:

Oh Monie, that's such a tragically heroic story. (why could they go but not you, though? :aah:)

Aww. Flowers for you :flowers2:

Ingie speaking here: There were only 58 spots and so many people who have been stuck at the airport for 3 days already. Wouldn't be fair towards them. Also we would have arrived completely exhausted and wouldn't have been able to enjoy the gig to the fullest. It was a matter of priorities and they were more important than us.