UK tour dates to be released 5th October ISH

FREDDIESDOUBLE

The last time I went by train and it was 7 hours, but I'm not sure I'd make that journey again because it was like 70euro even with a student travelcard! I think I'd get the bus at least part of the way if I was to do it again cos I hear you can get the bus from Cork to Dublin for 20euro!

We could travel together! I would definitely consider going to Belfast, even if we get a Dublin too!

Yup, Cork to Dublin is only €19 return for a student, and €22 for an adult (moi! :teehee:) I wonder how much the train is from Dublin to Belfast? I'm sure we'll work something out. The Dublin bus trip really isn't TOO bad I found. And we can pick Debbie and people up in Dublin!

I'm not sure about Belfast if we get a Dublin, just because of monies. But I'll definately think fast when it's made official and let you know.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No don't apologize.

I think the things that you are pointing out are quite valid.

I believe that Mika is somewhere in the frontrunners of the pack of these new & popular performance artists & good 'ole fashion Pop artists.

There is a change & resurgence in the pop market as well as a change in the music "business."

It all bodes well for Mika!

I like it that Mika has his head on straight about the American market & not becoming obsessed with it.

Though at the same time I think he is progressing quite well there.

It is an interesting time & it is full of changes & the results might be a benefit to Mika.

The next year should be quite fun to watch.

There are a lot of singer songwriters emerging in pop as well - over here we've got all those exciting female singers who are all very individual (you know, the Amy Winehouse style ones) such as Adele and Duffy and Paloma Faith and Kate Nash so they're all very valid and have earned their place up there with him, whereas with the exception of maaaaybe Kate Nash, none of them were around when Mika came out, so we're gradually moving away from the manufactured side of things (even though we've still got X Factor, none of them have any staying power).

And I completely agree, with his stance on not becoming obsessed with the American market. I think the more you chase it the harder it is to catch, whereas if you just let things evolve then they will. I don't know much about what's going on with him in America right now, but everything I have heard has been good. And he's got Perez backing him from release, rather than from a few months later or whenever it was when Perez picked up on him first time around.

I think he knows the right people over there and is in with the right crowd and it's better that things grow steadily in America rather than blow up all at once because as quickly as the recognition comes it'll go away again just as quickly. If it builds gradually then that promises a lot more staying power and suggests that he's not just flavour of the month.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/18004345E92B38F7?artistid=950322&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

dunno if you've seen this but one is up!! for belfast! on sale friday!

some progress lol

After the Dublin leaked date that never happened, I'd take this with a pinch of salt, until the full dates are announced.

Yup, Cork to Dublin is only €19 return for a student, and €22 for an adult (moi! :teehee:) I wonder how much the train is from Dublin to Belfast? I'm sure we'll work something out. The Dublin bus trip really isn't TOO bad I found. And we can pick Debbie and people up in Dublin!

I'm not sure about Belfast if we get a Dublin, just because of monies. But I'll definately think fast when it's made official and let you know.

I'm not sure about that, Debbie might remember, as that was almost the same journey she took when we went!

Once I talk to my mom, Belfast will probably be out for me too :naughty: But we'll see! I would love to make the most of Mika in Ireland while we have him here :naughty:

I'm not sure about that, Debbie might remember, as that was almost the same journey she took when we went!

Once I talk to my mom, Belfast will probably be out for me too :naughty: But we'll see! I would love to make the most of Mika in Ireland while we have him here :naughty:

We can worry about costs and things anyway if it starts to look solid. We're getting over excited here, it's not for nearly 5 months! :naughty:

I hardly ever go to gigs. Like, one a year or so on average. So no one is going to complain if I go to see Mika early next year. I doubt I could get away with two though. Boourns.

After the Dublin leaked date that never happened, I'd take this with a pinch of salt, until the full dates are announced.

Rose is right ... I would treat with real caution for now:thumb_yello:

Of course, and I don't want to create any speculation, but this show is also announced on the official website of the venue :

http://www.waterfront.co.uk/whatson/performancedetails.aspx?id=39998'>http://www.waterfront.co.uk/whatson/performancedetails.aspx?id=39998

and even front page : http://www.waterfront.co.uk/

they said the price will be 27,5£

I don't remeber anything important from that trip. :roftl:

*stops bouncing off walls and sits quietly*

If you say so Debs :no:

:biggrin2:

Really, it's extra hard when you think something is going to happen and it doesn't.

We learned our lesson from before.

Never expect anything in Mikaland, just be pleasantly surprised if everything works out. :naughty:

but at least it's something to talk about. :naughty: of course ppl shouldn't start booking flights and hotels yet. but for making some theoretical plans, one unsure date is better than nothing at all. :roftl:

Of course, and I don't want to create any speculation, but this show is also announced on the official website of the venue :

http://www.waterfront.co.uk/whatson/performancedetails.aspx?id=39998'>http://www.waterfront.co.uk/whatson/performancedetails.aspx?id=39998

and even front page : http://www.waterfront.co.uk/

they said the price will be 27,5£

I think that happened with that Dublin one too, until Fred mentioned it to Team Mika, and then everything disappeared!

I don't think they would let random dates slip out without a presale for us first, so I'm just gonna wait for MS to announce it.

Really, it's extra hard when you think something is going to happen and it doesn't.

We learned our lesson from before.

Never expect anything in Mikaland, just be pleasantly surprised if everything works out. :naughty:

Yeah I know, I'm really not getting my hopes up.

Mostly coz Dublin would OWN BELFAST. Mostly coz it's closer and thus cheaper for me :teehee:

I think that happened with that Dublin one too, until Fred mentioned it to Team Mika, and then everything disappeared!

I don't think they would let random dates slip out without a presale for us first, so I'm just gonna wait for MS to announce it.

Oh I didn't know the Dublin date was aslo mentionned on the website of the venue...

Of course we have to wait, I just wanted to give another link that "confirms" this hypothetical date.

And don't forget about the Liévin date in France. It was also written on Mikasounds, but not sold in presales. It was announced by the city website but the french tour productor, Alias, said it was a mistake and nothing in confirmed yet :blink:

the most incredible thing is that its was written on Mikasounds a few days, and of course, erased after

Dates are on Mikasounds:

The greatest show on earth is coming back to the UK next year and this is your chance to get your tickets before anyone else!

Mika will be bringing 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much' to theatres all across the UK in February and March next year.

Tickets will - naturally - sell out faster than diamond -encrusted hot cakes but don't panic: we've set up a special, pre-sale link to make sure all you dedicated Mikasounds members can get your tickets before they go on general sale.

So make sure you're sat at your computer bang on the dot at 9am (GMT) tomorrow morning (Wednesday, October 7). Then, when the time comes, just click here to snap yours up.

The full list of dates is below.

Feb 13th, 2010 - Waterfront, Belfast

Feb 15th, 2010 - Olympia, Dublin, Ireland

Feb 18th, 2010 - O2 Academy, Sheffield

Feb 19th, 2010 - Apollo, Manchester

Feb 21st, 2010 - O2 Academy, Leeds

Feb 22nd, 2010 - O2 Academy, Glasgow

Feb 24th, 2010 - O2 Academy, Newcastle

Feb 25th, 2010 - O2 Academy, Birmingham

Feb 28th, 2010 - Hammersmith Apollo, London

Mar 3rd, 2010 - Centre, Brighton

Mar 4th, 2010 - Colston Hall, Bristol

And don't forget, each ticket you pre-order earns you 2500 points in the Mika's Magic Numbers competition.

So get your tickets and mark your calenders now people - Mika's on the way...

Dates are on Mikasounds:

The greatest show on earth is coming back to the UK next year and this is your chance to get your tickets before anyone else!

Mika will be bringing 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much' to theatres all across the UK in February and March next year.

Tickets will - naturally - sell out faster than diamond -encrusted hot cakes but don't panic: we've set up a special, pre-sale link to make sure all you dedicated Mikasounds members can get your tickets before they go on general sale.

So make sure you're sat at your computer bang on the dot at 9am (GMT) tomorrow morning (Wednesday, October 7). Then, when the time comes, just click here to snap yours up.

And don't forget, each ticket you pre-order earns you 2500 points in the Mika's Magic Numbers competition.

THANK YOU!!!!

Only one London date?! :boxed:

Dates are on Mikasounds:

These are the gigs I'm defininately up for.

But it's the last that's making me INSANELY happy!!!

I LOVE YOU, BIG GUY!:wub2: